Thread: text message issues with Nexus One

Device(s)
    Nexus One / SE Equinox TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

text message issues with Nexus One

I haven't seen anything on this problem in HoFo, but I've read a bit about it on some of the Nexus-specific forums. The problem is that SMS/MMS messaging stops working on the Nexus. Not clear why. Sometimes rebooting resets it and they work; sometimes it does nothing at all.

I post this because I started having this problem after I switched out a SIM card to another SIM (to test it) and then switched it back. I haven't had any messaging capabilities since. And, yes, I've checked and rechecked the APN settings.

Have any of you had this problem? And/Or do any of you know why this is happening or perhaps have a fix?

This is totally soured what looked to be a beautiful friendship between the Nexus One and me.

Device(s)
    N1 & G2 next up=Samsung Tab
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have only had my N1 for a week. I haven't had anything like that happen. I pulled the sim from my G1 and popped it into the N1 where it has stayed ever since. I am expecting to pick up the HD2 on Wednesday and figure I'll just pop the sim out of the N1. I'll get back if I see any issues.
    Unplugged Since 1999

Device(s)
    Nexus One / SE Equinox TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Mea culpa! I was too quick to point the finger at the phone concerning my problem with the inability to send or receive text meassages. It appears this problem may have arisen from something screwy ATT does with tying its prepaid accounts to a specific phone's IMEI. The explanation makes no sense to me; I suspect it is some attempt by ATT to control its users.

Google and HTC, I apologize. Now I just need to reload all the apps I uninstalled in my attempt to fix this.