Thread: Why do you think Sprint chose this WinMo 6.5 rom?

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Question Why do you think Sprint chose this WinMo 6.5 rom?

I have a small feeling that Sprint really felt the disappointment that its' customers felt when the didn't come thru with the HD2. So they did the next best thing. Gave the TP2 similar rom with Sense 2.5 so minus the huge screen and faster processor, our phones to me now is almost like having an HD2 Pro. If there ever was one, this would be its little brother. Your thoughts? Because EVERYONE seems extremely exited/re-energized about their phones. It is almost like we got a brand new phone free...
    Desmond,
    Wilmington, NC

Motorola I60c---> Motorola I860---> Blackberry 7100i---> Palm Treo 700wx---> Samsung Instinct---> HTC Touch Pro---> HTC Touch Pro 2---> HTC EVO 4G (present)

Feedback Score
    Sense UI really is excellent, I know I am looking forward to loading a Sense ROM on my N1 once it is a little more polished.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Probably 90% of the TouchPro2 customers have no idea what an HD2 is.

The release has to do with agreements that Sprint has with HTC/Microsoft.
    They are entitled to the distro of the upgrade- they might as well put it out.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Pretty much all the other guys had the same thing going already on their stock carrier ROMs.

Glad to see they have somewhat caught up to things in the custom ROM world. I did play around with the stock Sprint ROM, but still prefer the custom ones as they run so much better than the bloated stock ones.

I also agree that this had nothing to do with the HD2 stuff.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4S 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint (ED Family 1500)
    Feedback Score
    They chose it to sell/retain more folks on the TP2 who would now be definitely jumping to the EVO 4G.

Device(s)
    Yo Momma's Phone
    Carrier(s)
    Best Compromise between Price & Service
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur
    Pretty much all the other guys had the same thing going already on their stock carrier ROMs.

Glad to see they have somewhat caught up to things in the custom ROM world. I did play around with the stock Sprint ROM, but still prefer the custom ones as they run so much better than the bloated stock ones.

I also agree that this had nothing to do with the HD2 stuff.
    I believe the Sprint TP2 is the only one with an official Sense ROM. Remember that before this ROM came out, the Sense on Xda ROMs was ripped from the HD2.
    CDMA - a great technology, hobbled by greedy carriers and a closed business model. Its a pity, really.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Do you want to prevent your carrier from changing your plan on you even while you're in contract? Complain to the FCC about Sprint terminating contracts here: A short complaint form at the FCC: http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm?sid=&id=d1e408

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Larson
    I believe the Sprint TP2 is the only one with an official Sense ROM. Remember that before this ROM came out, the Sense on Xda ROMs was ripped from the HD2.
    Verizon's has it... I think theirs came out in January.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur
    Verizon's has it... I think theirs came out in January.
    VZN does not have Sense 2.5. Sprints the only TP2 with it . Everyone else has Sense 2.1.

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch (SGSII)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO Premium
    Feedback Score
    I installed the new sprint stock just to get the radio upgrade, played with it for 5 mins and then installed the latest mightyrom again. Stock just has a few things missing that I love about custom, and I would of had to do some tweaks to stock to get it to let me tether easily.
    "This is gonna be tough, real tough, like tough plus more tough, times tough, to the power of tough" Chowder