Thread: Flashing a Sprint Motorola Q9C to Verizon for Page Plus

Device(s)
    Samsung Moment
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score

Flashing a Sprint Motorola Q9C to Verizon for Page Plus

I've got a friend willing to sell me his Sprint Motorola Q9C. I've been doing a lot of reading, and found the verizon monster file for this phone. If I flash it to Verizon Q9C, will it OTA activate on Page Plus? What should I expect to work? Voice/Text only, or data too? It wasn't on the wiki of non-verizon handsets.

Also, I was planning to use these directions, with the appropriate files:
    http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/mo...tml#post330719

Thoughts? Is there a better tutorial out there? Anything special to look out for? Thanks guys.

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    P+
    Feedback Score
    That should make web/mms work. Those instructions are fine and that is all you will need to do. Just make sure that the models are the same (ROM & Hardware). Also make sure you have a dealer do an ESN check to make sure that it can be activated on P+

Device(s)
    sch-i760
    Carrier(s)
    page plus-
    Feedback Score
    i dont think it will do ota but i could be wrong and u would most likely need to change the mms settings and the prl plus the msl /would need to be changed to all zeros . i just did a tp from sprint and u need to change the spc,msl to 000000 and the mip settings and then i had to put the mdn and min in the phone manually to

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    P+
    Feedback Score
    I have a Sprint Q flashed with a Verizon Q monster file and it did OTA just fine. The default verizon prl is loaded with the Monster file, so it had no problems with OTA. Unless it's an ESN, MEID thing (newer phones' ROMs don't have prl) it should work, but manual programming is no problem with Windows mobile phones. Theoretically though, since you are updating with the Verizon ROM, the SPL should be reset to zeroes. Mine did

Device(s)
    sch-i760
    Carrier(s)
    page plus-
    Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by varianlstyles
    I have a Sprint Q flashed with a Verizon Q monster file and it did OTA just fine. The default verizon prl is loaded with the Monster file, so it had no problems with OTA. Unless it's an ESN, MEID thing (newer phones' ROMs don't have prl) it should work, but manual programming is no problem with Windows mobile phones. Theoretically though, since you are updating with the Verizon ROM, the SPL should be reset to zeroes. Mine did

yeah my tp didnt and it had to be done . along with a prl matter of fact i am looking for a newr prl cause it says prefered system on my phone with a roam triangle . but its not roaming . guess cause its evdo

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpAPACHE
    If I flash it to Verizon Q9C, will it OTA activate on Page Plus?
    What should I expect to work?
    Voice/Text only, or data too?
    It wasn't on the wiki of non-verizon handsets.

Is there a better tutorial out there?
    Anything special to look out for?
    Yes
    Everything
    All three
    Blame the people who wrote the wiki

Yes, do a search of the board
    Yes, activesync's default settings

Also make sure you have a dealer do an ESN check to make sure that it can be activated on P+
    Wrong.

Device(s)
    S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel lewis
    i dont think it will do ota but i could be wrong and u would most likely need to change the mms settings and the prl plus the msl /would need to be changed to all zeros . i just did a tp from sprint and u need to change the spc,msl to 000000 and the mip settings and then i had to put the mdn and min in the phone manually to

Motorola Q9C's are way simple compared to dealing with HTC's etc.

If you put on a Monster flash from Verizon onto a sprint, you dont need to do any of those things, as far as 000000, ETC... And it will OTA....

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    P+
    Feedback Score
    icebook, why is it wrong to make sure that the phone can be activated on P+? If the phone was on the stolen/lost/no pay list it could not be activated. I am stumped as to why checking an ESN before purchasing a phone is wrong! Oh wait, stolen/lost phones are a thing of the past.

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    icebook, why is it wrong to make sure that the phone can be activated on P+? If the phone was on the stolen/lost/no pay list it could not be activated. I am stumped as to why checking an ESN before purchasing a phone is wrong! Oh wait, stolen/lost phones are a thing of the past.

Oh wait, its a Sprint phone!
    Verizon not only doesn't have access to their blacklist but they don't have access to any part of Sprints ESN list and don't have any record of this phone's ESN in their system.

And top that off with the fact that none of the Q line is part of PP's ban and he is getting the phone from his friend

If it works it will activate.
    So what you said, wrong.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    P+
    Feedback Score
    Humbled and ashamed. Every Sprint phone works

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score