Sony Ericsson Xperia X2
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Xperia X2 - Questions & Problems

Sony Ericsson Xperia X2

Just bought an Xperia X2 for $650 CDN, Yesterday having a few small problems / questions.

Question One: How do I change the time from 24 hour clock to a 12 hour clock? I've gone into Settings -> System Settings -> Regional Settings and changed it from HH:mm:ss to H:mm:ss and turned the phone off then on. Tried other way around and it stays a 24 hour clock. The time sytle example doesnt change between the two options, it stays 24 hour clock.

Question Two: How do I access the Memory card on my computer. I installed Windows Mobile Center on Windows 7. I can acess the Phones Memory but not the memory card itself where all the pictures and stuff are.

Question Three: The time of sending and recieving texts is different for me. I'll send a text at 13:33 and she replys 10 seconds later but the phone says she replied at 9:33, when it should be 13:33 aswell as it was sent and recived at the same time. This happens with everyone I text. Not a big deal but annoying as I wont know the correct time they texted me back.

Question Four: Everything seems to kinda run a little slow when opening things etc.... I have checked task manager and nothing else is running data is off everything, but still pretty slow. I watched a video saying that It will recieve an update this month but when I go to sonys website they only have the X1 on there not the X2 for some stupid reason.

Question Five: Battery dies pretty quick, data turned off, wifi, bluetooth all turned off, screen birghtness is set to auto so it's pretty dim shouldnt kill battery so fast. Charged while sleeping been up for a few hours and it's already at 70% all I have been doing is just trying to figure out how to fix the dam time been really bugging me.

Question Six: Is there a way to open the phones memory and memory card as a mass storage device on my laptop? I'm running windows 7 and windows mobile center doesnt really let me do much.

Question Seven: How does the xperia do on data plans? WIll a 500mb plan do it if I just casually go on facebook and msn pretty much maybe a little youtube and other sites? Or would you reccomend getting more? I will be just using wifi to download anything or while at home.

Question Eight: Does anyone know a good X2 forum not X1. Looking for some nice themes, mods, and hacks or whatever one day, just trying to get used to Windows Mobile right now. Saw some Andriod on the X1 not on the X2 though. Forget what theme thing I'm using now I think I'm just using the shell one? foret what it's called it came installed on the phone. It's pretty nice and better then the other ones allows me to move and choose my apps similar to other smart phones and iPhones with the shortcuts.
    I really like Sony Ericsson, and love the look of the Xperia's. So far I have to say that it's giving me a really bad impression and almost regretting purchasing this product. I was thinking of waiting for the X10 but I like the X2's keybored. I love the Xperia it's a great phone just slow and annoying right now.

Give me some tips, and hints. Cool things to do and so on.

Device(s)
    Nokia 9500
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hi.. for the time settings, when you open the time settings in Regional Settings, the drop down list (HH:mm:ss) scrolls up and gives you more options. You want to select h:mm:ss tt .. all small letters. Hope this helps.

For accessing the memory card, it should show up normally in My Computer. If not, then maybe you formatted the memory card in a different format.

I'm not sure about question 3.

For speed, i just try to uninstall any applications that i don't use regularly. I copy all the apps that i use occasionally on the memory card and install them on the phone only when i need to use them and uninstall them afterwards. You could also try some software utility like Pocket Mechanic, which will clean up the system and the registry, but you have to be very careful if you're not used to working with such utilities. another thing is how much applications you have installed on the phone memory itself. i always select to install the applications on the memory card and leave the phone memory as free as possible.

Question 5 .. i think all Pocket PCs and smart phones suffer from short battery lives. make sure you don't have any activities scheduled like checking mail, or checking if a WiFi connection is present and so on, but if you're sure everything is turned off, i wouldn't worry. its normal that the battery is drained quickly

Q 6 .. you can't open the phone memory as a mass storage, but you can do that for the memory card. you need to install an application for it. i've tried to locate a software i've seen before that does this, but i couldn't find it again. maybe you'll be more lucky. sorry

Q7 .. i don't think anyone can answer that because every person's habits are different, and what may be suitable for me may not be good for you. I would advise that you subscribe to the lowest/cheapest package for a month or two and see how much traffic you use and based on that figure out what is the best package for your habits.

Question 8.. i also can't find a lot of useful stuff for X2. the best site i use is www.handango.com ...

cool apps:
    pocket controller pro
    WiFi storage
    XTreme_Tweaks_for_WM6.5

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I got my X2 today and i have the same problem with the time stamp. Anyone have a fix?? TIA!