Thread: Seeking Guidance on Flashing Palm Treo Pro 6.1 to 6.5

Feedback Score

Lightbulb Seeking Guidance on Flashing Palm Treo Pro 6.1 to 6.5

Hello guys, my is name is Jorge from Nokia Mobile Talk and I just got a Palm Treo Pro from Sprint flashed to good ole Metro and I'm currently running the stock OS Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional and I have a few questions in regards to flashing to WM 6.5.

I know I can unlock the phone with some software hpsl I think its called and then flash to an OS of choice now the question is once I flash I know I have to setup the Internet and SMS/MMS to work again and I've found some files to help me do that but my question will my phone always be a Metropcs eventhough I'm flashing it, meaning no matter what OS I put on it, i'll be able to make calls and send sms via the Metro PCS network, am I correct in thinking this.

My fear is that I flash it and it will revert back to being the Palm Treo Pro from Sprint, know what I mean. So if someone can enlighten me on this I would be most grateful. I'm dying to put winmo 6.5 on this device and I'd love to know this please.

thanks in advance,
    Jorge

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Its me guys, same as above, I forgot I had an older user id, if someone can chime in and enlighten me I would be most grateful, thanks

Feedback Score
    didnt know 6.5 was ported over to treo yet or if it was even worth it. ive had every treo 700 and a 650 and their junk. just a pre warning so you dont get disappointed.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    gahhh. D=. my mother has that phone and we both hate it.

but on a lighter note, here ya go.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102

everything from the hardspl to the roms are all right there.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    go try mightyrom's new 6.5 rom for the treo pro. Word from owners is that the phone responds so much faster. www.mightyrom.com.
    Desmond,
    Wilmington, NC

Motorola I60c---> Motorola I860---> Blackberry 7100i---> Palm Treo 700wx---> Samsung Instinct---> HTC Touch Pro---> HTC Touch Pro 2---> HTC EVO 4G (present)

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anfbro25
    go try mightyrom's new 6.5 rom for the treo pro. Word from owners is that the phone responds so much faster. www.mightyrom.com.
    Yep that's exactly the rom I was going to update to , I just hardspl'ed the cdma palm treo pro