Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Results 1,246 to 1,259 of 1259

Thread: Northern Michigan?

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew110 View Post
    I’ve heard rumors of a new site on 53 near Deckerville road and also east of Bad Axe were planned this year. Is that still the rumor?
    Unfortunately, while those sites are planned in the future, they won't happen in 2021. Not as things stand today, anyway. That could always change.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    Unfortunately, while those sites are planned in the future, they won't happen in 2021. Not as things stand today, anyway. That could always change.
    Very unfortunate news. Wonder what the hold up is.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    I wonder when AT&T is gonna start rolling out n2/n66 in areas where they don't have 850 like around Lansing, Saginaw, etc? The S21 variants also support SA n30 which is kinda strange.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Any word on Marlette getting b14?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Looks like a brand new site near Goodar is live.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    New sites recently launched in the UP: Wetmore and Deerton. The UP is getting filled in nicely.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro & 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    New sites recently launched in the UP: Wetmore and Deerton. The UP is getting filled in nicely.
    Very nice! Both of those spots were needing some coverage. Fantastic news! Hopefully some more for NE MI and Presque Isle county in the future

FYI, I've tested Verizon lately in NE MI. Absolutely horrendous. Their network is pretty much collapsing under the summer tourist traffic. Both in RC and the entire Alpena area. AT&T is really holding their own, so great work to you and your team!
    Your results may vary. Network performance differs per user location.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWX View Post
    Very nice! Both of those spots were needing some coverage. Fantastic news! Hopefully some more for NE MI and Presque Isle county in the future

FYI, I've tested Verizon lately in NE MI. Absolutely horrendous. Their network is pretty much collapsing under the summer tourist traffic. Both in RC and the entire Alpena area. AT&T is really holding their own, so great work to you and your team!
    Great to learn VZ is sucking wind, while T is doing well!

There are over a dozen more new sites planned in the UP in the next 2-3 years... Au Train, L'Anse, Port Dolomite, to name a few. New Pictured Rocks site should be on the air very soon. Lots of love happening up there.

In your neck of the woods, there are a couple planned. One just north of Comins on M33 near the county line. Another one south of Spratt on M65. Both are probably 18-24 months out, though.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Northern Michigan?

Great to learn VZ is sucking wind, while T is doing well!

There are over a dozen more new sites planned in the UP in the next 2-3 years... Au Train, L'Anse, Port Dolomite, to name a few. New Pictured Rocks site should be on the air very soon. Lots of love happening up there.

In your neck of the woods, there are a couple planned. One just north of Comins on M33 near the county line. Another one south of Spratt on M65. Both are probably 18-24 months out, though.
    Excellent! Glad to hear it. That site for pictured rocks will be great. Always a dead spot there.

The main pain point in Presque Isle county is near hawks and the chain of lakes just to the west. There’s prolly close to a thousand or more homes and summer cottages there and it’s a dead zone for everything. Any cell improvement there would be welcomed, especially for public safety. If anything ever was built out there, it needs some height. Like 300 feet or more.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWX View Post
    Excellent! Glad to hear it. That site for pictured rocks will be great. Always a dead spot there.

The main pain point in Presque Isle county is near hawks and the chain of lakes just to the west. There’s prolly close to a thousand or more homes and summer cottages there and it’s a dead zone for everything. Any cell improvement there would be welcomed, especially for public safety. If anything ever was built out there, it needs some height. Like 300 feet or more.

Yes! AT&T could definitely use one in that area. I talked to a crew a while ago working on the new Verizon site just north of Hawks and I asked if there were any other carriers going on it. He hinted Blue.....not sure if his info was accurate but we'll see. If you head north out of Hillman on 451, T could use a site near Royston as well.

Feedback Score
    I was in the Upper Peninsula recently and was pleasantly surprised at how good the TMO coverage was, including in comparison to Verizon. It's spotty, for sure, but that is much better than the "pretty much nothing" of a few years ago. And it's a lot of spots, as can be seen on the new Federal cell coverage map.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Did any of the carriers ever get service online in Cooper Harbor? I know Verizon and AT&T have been trying for years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I know AT&T has or is turning up one in Copper Harbor and a handful in the Keweenaw Peninsula during 2021.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Another day in the UP. Didn’t see the T-Mobile thread, so I attached those here as well. Neither are great, but an entire site that blasts 10 MHz B71 south of Houghton but before Bruce Crossing. Initially I was impressed that T-Mobile had coverage somewhere nobody else did, but it couldn’t even send an SMS.

T-Mobile’s B71:

AT&T’s B12:

T-Mobile while trying to run a test… the site was eventually in front of me with no meaningful throughput but the bars looked nice!

And a shot from the Portage Canal Lift Bridge yesterday, a crisp 41° (not yet as cold as Duluth, which had frost on my windshield when I left at 28°)!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84