Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern Michigan?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Today the 2G AT&T site on Manning Hill at the M-32 and M-65 junction has been shutdown and/or had UMTS activated. Last time I drove though there, there wasn't active UMTS (about a month ago).
    Your results may vary. Network performance differs per user location.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWX View Post
    Today the 2G AT&T site on Manning Hill at the M-32 and M-65 junction has been shutdown and/or had UMTS activated. Last time I drove though there, there wasn't active UMTS (about a month ago).
    Interesting. That has been kind of a derelict site for the last 5 years or so anyway. Great back in the day of GSM only but not really needed now with the close proximity of the two sites in Hillman. Don't know why they wouldn't put an LTE only site w/VoLTE there to replace it anyway.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The AT&T site atop the Rogers City water tank is finally getting prepped for LTE! A crew from Black & Veatch will be coming in to install 3 new remote radio heads, which will replace the existing RRU that aren't in use. I'm guessing the same crew will setup the ethernet in the base station as well.

Here's to maybe LTE live by July or so!

http://www.watz.com/wire/localnews/0...ent_055312.php

http://www.thealpenanews.com/page/co....html?nav=5004

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWX View Post
    The AT&T site atop the Rogers City water tank is finally getting prepped for LTE! A crew from Black & Veatch will be coming in to install 3 new remote radio heads, which will replace the existing RRU that aren't in use. I'm guessing the same crew will setup the ethernet in the base station as well.

Here's to maybe LTE live by July or so!

http://www.watz.com/wire/localnews/0...ent_055312.php

http://www.thealpenanews.com/page/co....html?nav=5004

TWX....not only that site, but several others that haven't been touched since Spring 2013. Here is AT&T's to do list for 2016:

Attachment 138667

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    TWX....not only that site, but several others that haven't been touched since Spring 2013. Here is AT&T's to do list for 2016:

Attachment 138667
    Seems like 2 of those sites aren't on enhanced backhaul yet.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Seems like 2 of those sites aren't on enhanced backhaul yet.
    Actually I think about 7 of those aren't. Even though the areas are shown as *4G, they are still on T-1. Unless some of those were converted to E-Net in the last few months of course.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Actually I think about 7 of those aren't. Even though the areas are shown as *4G, they are still on T-1. Unless some of those were converted to E-Net in the last few months of course.
    I'd have to guess, a majority of the rural sites are on remote back haul?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    I'd have to guess, a majority of the rural sites are on remote back haul?
    Surprisingly, there is a lot of fiber across northern Michigan and most, if not all of these sites have fiber run to them. They just haven't been converted over yet. A few of the sites have had LTE panels w/RRU's installed for a couple of years but we're never upgraded to LTE. I think this year things will get done, hopefully.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Surprisingly, there is a lot of fiber across northern Michigan and most, if not all of these sites have fiber run to them. They just haven't been converted over yet. A few of the sites have had LTE panels w/RRU's installed for a couple of years but we're never upgraded to LTE. I think this year things will get done, hopefully.
    Interesting. In upstate ny where I go, regardless of who has fiber to the tower, AT&T uses their own backhaul remotely. Even Verizon uses remote up that way.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    The site in Sandusky finally had LTE turned up today. One 5x5 band 5 carrier, for now.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    The site in Sandusky finally had LTE turned up today. One 5x5 band 5 carrier, for now.
    Hear anything else about the rest of the Thumb being upgraded this Spring/Summer?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    With American Tower Corp now owning more tower assets in NE MI, I wonder if AT&T will bolster their coverage in the Whittemore, Hale, and Glennie areas, specifically along M65?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew110 View Post
    Hear anything else about the rest of the Thumb being upgraded this Spring/Summer?
    Some of the thumb sites will get LTE this year, but not all. Not sure on specifics, though. I'd guess it will be as much as another two years before all sites in the thumb have LTE.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    With American Tower Corp now owning more tower assets in NE MI, I wonder if AT&T will bolster their coverage in the Whittemore, Hale, and Glennie areas, specifically along M65?
    I wouldn't make any bets on it...

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    I wouldn't make any bets on it...
    Darn.....oh well. The network is good everywhere I go pretty much. The Galaxy S7 edge does have better RF performance while on UMTS compared to the S6 edge.

Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast