Page 64 of 83 FirstFirst ... 14 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern Michigan?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew110 View Post
    Nice. Is Cass City the last site in Tuscola County without LTE?
    No, the site on M138 in Akron also doesn't have LTE yet.

I found out today the Cass City LTE deployment is held up due to tower loading issues that need to be resolved. This is very common as more and more equipment gets installed on towers.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score

Northern Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post

I found out today the Cass City LTE deployment is held up due to tower loading issues that need to be resolved. This is very common as more and more equipment gets installed on towers.
    Ah thanks for the info! So they need to beef up the tower before AT&T can put their new equipment on? Sounds like that might take a while

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score

Surprised they would have this problem. I believe that tower has 2 or 3 panels per sector. If they install new equipment like the site at M53 and Dryden road, they can run GSM, UMTS, and 2 LTE carriers using a two panel per sector set up. If not, wouldn't it just require additional guy wires added? Shouldn't take long to resolve though.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Surprised they would have this problem. I believe that tower has 2 or 3 panels per sector. If they install new equipment like the site at M53 and Dryden road, they can run GSM, UMTS, and 2 LTE carriers using a two panel per sector set up. If not, wouldn't it just require additional guy wires added? Shouldn't take long to resolve though.
    I believe the problem may be the radio heads...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Not really related to northern Michigan but AT&T has finally lit up LTE on the DTE site in Romeo, MI. 2x10 B12 for now. I was able to connect to it with my tablet and do some mapping on Sensorly and CellMapper. PCI's 261,262,and 263

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Not really related to northern Michigan but AT&T has finally lit up LTE on the DTE site in Romeo, MI. 2x10 B12 for now. I was able to connect to it with my tablet and do some mapping on Sensorly and CellMapper. PCI's 261,262,and 263
    Edit: The site is still being tested and not actually live yet even though my tablet connects to it. That site will fill the area in nicely

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    The site in Lachine was upgraded this morning from 2G-only to UMTS and LTE!

There are only a few 2G-only sites left in Michigan at this point. The remaining sites should be upgraded to at least UMTS by the end of the year.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

There are only a few 2G-only sites left in Michigan at this point. The remaining sites should be upgraded to at least UMTS by the end of the year.
    Fantastic news!
    Your results may vary. Network performance differs per user location.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score

Great news!

As far as the remaining 2G sites, they really don't have much of a choice to upgrade these do they? 2G will be shutting down by the end of the year AFAIK.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Great news!

As far as the remaining 2G sites, they really don't have much of a choice to upgrade these do they? 2G will be shutting down by the end of the year AFAIK.
    Exactly correct.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score

That makes the water tank site in Hillman, as well as the one on Grosinsky road west of Hillman as the only two sites along M-32 that haven't been upgraded to LTE yet. I am hearing some chatter that Mio will be live soon as well

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the Lewiston site is now on Enet

B30 is live in Gaylord. AT&T is now running bands 2,4,12,and 30 there. My GS7 is still not aggregating anything with 30.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Nice. Is Cass City the last site in Tuscola County without LTE?
    Have you seen any tower crews working on the Cass City site the last few months?? I would be shocked if they haven't resolved the tower load issue yet. I was through there a few weeks ago and noticed a new rack with panels and what looks like RRU's installed under AT&T's equipment. That equipment wasn't up there back in October. Weird. There aren't many sites left in thumb without LTE

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Have you seen any tower crews working on the Cass City site the last few months?? I would be shocked if they haven't resolved the tower load issue yet. I was through there a few weeks ago and noticed a new rack with panels and what looks like RRU's installed under AT&T's equipment. That equipment wasn't up there back in October. Weird. There aren't many sites left in thumb without LTE
    Oh yes I forgot to mention a crew was installing equipment for Agri-Valley about 3 weeks ago. And you are exactly right. The rack is indeed under AT&Ts and there is one panel per sector with RRUs. This is b12 LTE equipment for what appears to be a new broadband service offered by AVCI.

Funny though, I didn't see any new additional guy wires to beef up this heavily loaded tower.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know the status of AT&T's Extended Range GSM sites in the Upper Peninsula? I'm wondering if these will be shut down as part of the general 2G shutdown or if they will continue to operate?
    Donald Newcomb

Page 64 of 83 FirstFirst ... 14 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast