Page 70 of 83 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1240

Thread: Northern Michigan?

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if there is any plans to add band 17 up in the thumb? Att coverage is pretty awful in sebewaing once u go indoors coverage and can be pretty unuseable or even somehow adding another tower so it works around here better?

Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy2c View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any plans to add band 17 up in the thumb? Att coverage is pretty awful in sebewaing once u go indoors coverage and can be pretty unuseable or even somehow adding another tower so it works around here better?

Nope. They don't have that spectrum in the three counties that make up the Thumb. Agri-Valley has the 700 b and c licenses. The only chance is if they deploy B14 on those sites as part of the FirstNet deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Nope. They don't have that spectrum in the three counties that make up the Thumb. Agri-Valley has the 700 b and c licenses. The only chance is if they deploy B14 on those sites as part of the FirstNet deal.
    Darn, oh well. I'll stick to t mobile then. Thank you for the reply

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Adding B12 likely wouldn’t help much anyway because the site already has Low Band B5. The problem is the tower that serves Sebewaing is too far away from town. Unfortunately, there do not seem to be any plans to build a new tower closer to town.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    Adding B12 likely wouldn’t help much anyway because the site already has Low Band B5. The problem is the tower that serves Sebewaing is too far away from town. Unfortunately, there do not seem to be any plans to build a new tower closer to town.
    BMW, totally different topic, but do you know when/if AT&T is swapping out the ALU base stations with Nokia stations in Northern MI?
    Your results may vary. Network performance differs per user location.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWX View Post
    BMW, totally different topic, but do you know when/if AT&T is swapping out the ALU base stations with Nokia stations in Northern MI?
    Yes, it is happening everywhere across the country. It hasn't begun yet in Michigan, but will begin in the next month, or so. Should take about a year to get them all swapped out.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it is happening everywhere across the country. It hasn't begun yet in Michigan, but will begin in the next month, or so. Should take about a year to get them all swapped out.
    They're changing them across the entire country? Wonder what that price tag is.

Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    They're changing them across the entire country? Wonder what that price tag is.

Not sure, but I know it can’t be cheap.

Also, to be clear, this is happening only in current ALU markets. Ericsson markets are not affected.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Not sure, but I know it can’t be cheap.

Also, to be clear, this is happening only in current ALU markets. Ericsson markets are not affected.
    I can't wait for it to hit my market. Hopefully some better UL speeds follow for us in ALU markets!

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB, iPad Pro 12.9"
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 20GB RNA, w/ $20 unlimited connected Car / ZTE Mobley
    Feedback Score
    I went across the upper peninsula this summer.

* Going west from the bridge to the Apostle Islands I don't recall ever losing a cellular connection (with the Velocity and the ZTE Mobley). I'd guess my speeds were okay, mostly 6-16Mbps (most often on the lower end) but it was enough to keep me occupied in the car. I get fidgety in the car, so my friends are happy when I'm occupied with the computer.

* Going east from the bridge towards Drummond it seemed about the same as previous trips, slow with dead zones the farther east I went, it was great one I hit De Tour (Detour?).

* But on Drummond I got awesome speeds on the hotspot (and the phone), even once my hotspot (generally the Velocity) hit 22GB it was flying, I was getting number 10-20Mbps most of the time, closer to 25Mbps when adjusting.

In the areas with good reception my iPhone 7 plus, generally got way better speeds 32-42Mbps even when out in the woods hiking and not fighting with the location.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryLaPointe View Post
    I went across the upper peninsula this summer.

* Going west from the bridge to the Apostle Islands I don't recall ever losing a cellular connection (with the Velocity and the ZTE Mobley). I'd guess my speeds were okay, mostly 6-16Mbps (most often on the lower end) but it was enough to keep me occupied in the car. I get fidgety in the car, so my friends are happy when I'm occupied with the computer.

* Going east from the bridge towards Drummond it seemed about the same as previous trips, slow with dead zones the farther east I went, it was great one I hit De Tour (Detour?).

* But on Drummond I got awesome speeds on the hotspot (and the phone), even once my hotspot (generally the Velocity) hit 22GB it was flying, I was getting number 10-20Mbps most of the time, closer to 25Mbps when adjusting.

In the areas with good reception my iPhone 7 plus, generally got way better speeds 32-42Mbps even when out in the woods hiking and not fighting with the location.
    That's a great report and sounded like a heck of a trip. Does the site on Drummond have LTE now, or were you picking it up from De Tour Village ??

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    That's a great report and sounded like a heck of a trip. Does the site on Drummond have LTE now, or were you picking it up from De Tour Village ??
    Still no LTE on Drummond. The site in De Tour Village is doing all the heavy lifting. I am surprised it covers the island so well.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Still no LTE on Drummond. The site in De Tour Village is doing all the heavy lifting. I am surprised it covers the island so well.
    I haven't been there since they relocated that site on the island but hopefully next summer I'll check it out. That area to the east is hilly, rocky, and densely wooded which is probably why the Goetzville site doesn't really fill in that area along 2 between Dr Tour and Cedarville. You'd think AT&T would be blasting a signal across the water from the lower for some added coverage along 2. Believe it or not, I can temporarily connect to B12 from the tip of the Thumb if I force it on my phone and the signal is actually decent. The network seems to quickly cut me off though when it detects my location.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I haven't been there since they relocated that site on the island but hopefully next summer I'll check it out. That area to the east is hilly, rocky, and densely wooded which is probably why the Goetzville site doesn't really fill in that area along 2 between Dr Tour and Cedarville. You'd think AT&T would be blasting a signal across the water from the lower for some added coverage along 2. Believe it or not, I can temporarily connect to B12 from the tip of the Thumb if I force it on my phone and the signal is actually decent. The network seems to quickly cut me off though when it detects my location.
    If I had to guess, it's probably the limit of the timing advance.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB, iPad Pro 12.9"
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 20GB RNA, w/ $20 unlimited connected Car / ZTE Mobley
    Feedback Score
    I actually got better speed on the back side of the house which the side that does NOT face De Tour. When I went to the De Tour facing side of the hose, I got a slower connection. And I still got great speed 35-40Mbps at the township park (on my iPhone) which is even farther away.

Page 70 of 83 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast