Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1215

Thread: Northern Michigan?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    I would say important enough to upgrade to one. They are upgrading their sites across the state which will take time, and another 700 MHz carrier definitely will help especially in areas of high network traffic. B12 can become quite congested due to it being their main band and having 14 to utilize significantly increases data speeds. Plus the newer phones that include 14 utilize the latest network features like 4 and 5 carrier aggregation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    I would say important enough to upgrade to one. They are upgrading their sites across the state which will take time, and another 700 MHz carrier definitely will help especially in areas of high network traffic. B12 can become quite congested due to it being their main band and having 14 to utilize significantly increases data speeds. Plus the newer phones that include 14 utilize the latest network features like 4 and 5 carrier aggregation.
    Thanks! For me, I haven't noticed any congestion or deprioritization, being on ATT Prepaid. Speeds don't matter to me either, if I can get 5mbps down or so I'll be happy. If band 14 leads to an improvement in coverage, than that's a different thing. In Croton, coverage is sparse for every carrier. If ATT ends up building band 14 only towers than I would be more inclined to buy a phone with it, otherwise I'm really liking the OnePlus 7T.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joshlmuldoon View Post
    Thanks! For me, I haven't noticed any congestion or deprioritization, being on ATT Prepaid. Speeds don't matter to me either, if I can get 5mbps down or so I'll be happy. If band 14 leads to an improvement in coverage, than that's a different thing. In Croton, coverage is sparse for every carrier. If ATT ends up building band 14 only towers than I would be more inclined to buy a phone with it, otherwise I'm really liking the OnePlus 7T.

Hopefully they build one in your area. If they do, it will be LTE only and will include multiple LTE bands along with 14. They definitely need quite a few more new sites so we'll see.

Feedback Score
    Hopefully they build one in your area. If they do, it will be LTE only and will include multiple LTE bands along with 14. They definitely need quite a few more new sites so we'll see.
    Me as well, I looked at the FCC Asr site and it looks like Verizon has grants for towers in this area, so we'll have to see how it turns out...

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    ... In Croton, coverage is sparse for every carrier. If ATT ends up building band 14 only towers than I would be more inclined to buy a phone with it, otherwise I'm really liking the OnePlus 7T....
    It appears that the towers around Croton (there are none in the town) use band 5 (850 MHz) for 3G service. As 3G is depreciated, this should switch over to LTE, which would give an additional 5 or 10 MHz of low-band capacity. I'd look for band 14 on the next phone I bought but, in your case, I doubt I'd rush out to buy one right now. If I lived in NYC, L.A. or Chicago I might.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    It appears that the towers around Croton (there are none in the town) use band 5 (850 MHz) for 3G service. As 3G is depreciated, this should switch over to LTE, which would give an additional 5 or 10 MHz of low-band capacity. I'd look for band 14 on the next phone I bought but, in your case, I doubt I'd rush out to buy one right now. If I lived in NYC, L.A. or Chicago I might.
    Thank you! Good to hear, makes me feel better about potentially buying the 7T. ATT has LTE in some parts of the area, more so than Verizon, but the rest would be 3G as you said. I've attached the CellMapper view of the area of ATT vs Verizon.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Thank you! Good to hear, makes me feel better about potentially buying the 7T. ATT has LTE in some parts of the area, more so than Verizon, but the rest would be 3G as you said. I've attached the CellMapper view of the area of ATT vs Verizon.

Are you currently using a Note 10?

Feedback Score
    Are you currently using a Note 10?
    Yes, using a Note 10+ and going to sell it. Reception at my house, where I'm surrounded by trees, is non-existent with this phone. My Note 8 could get a bar or 2 of LTE here with AT&T. So, selling for something better and different. It's disappointing, but it is what it is.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Yes, using a Note 10+ and going to sell it. Reception at my house, where I'm surrounded by trees, is non-existent with this phone. My Note 8 could get a bar or 2 of LTE here with AT&T. So, selling for something better and different. It's disappointing, but it is what it is.

Hmm. That's weird your Note has poor RF. I have a Note 10+ 5G and an S10 and both hold LTE really well. Your Note 10 supports B14 btw.

Feedback Score
    Hmm. That's weird your Note has poor RF. I have a Note 10+ 5G and an S10 and both hold LTE really well. Your Note 10 supports B14 btw.
    Yes, thank you. I've not seen any B14 pop up yet, so for where I'm at I'm not too worried about having it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I saw 0 Band 14 LTE in Chicago last weekend. I connect to it frequently in my much smaller sized city. Looking at cellmapper, a B14 phone is more worth it in rural areas. Of course this isn’t completely accurate, as it shows no 14 coverage available in my area. Might have to get a used LG V40 ThinQ to start doing some mapping.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I've now been considering the OnePlus 7T, but it also doesn't support band 14 unfortunately.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    I saw 0 Band 14 LTE in Chicago last weekend. I connect to it frequently in my much smaller sized city. Looking at cellmapper, a B14 phone is more worth it in rural areas. Of course this isn’t completely accurate, as it shows no 14 coverage available in my area. Might have to get a used LG V40 ThinQ to start doing some mapping.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    For what it's worth I've seen quite a bit of B14 in the Chicago area on two trips there in the past year, albeit not much in the Loop area since so much there is now covered by B2/B4 small cells.
    AT&T customer since 2007; Alltel 2004-07. Android user since 2014 and will never go back to Apple.
    I recommend and use CellMapper for testing and mapping signal coverage and have contributed extensively in the greater St. Louis region and surrounding states.

Feedback Score
    So, I guess I've seen band 14 at my house (it's -135dBm, so not useful, especially not with the awful reception of the Note 10+), and this is pretty new for sure. This is in Ada, Michigan.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Cool. The wooden mono site just west of ABC warehouse in Gaylord received an upgrade! It was B12 only.

Name:  Screenshot_20191109-214450_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  47.8 KB

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81