Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1240

Thread: Northern Michigan?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Just looking at AT&T's coverage map and I see the sites at M53/M90 and Columbiaville are 5G NR. Given this is near the 850/700 spectrum boundary, I wonder if these sites are n2 ?? It would be the first sighting of n2 on any carrier.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Northern Michigan?

I know this is not northern Michigan but can anyone look into I-75 S Michigan before you hit Ohio border. The signal goes out of LTE to 1 bar 4G HSPA and it’s been like that for a long time. This goes for miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoDough View Post
    You have been trying for 5 years to work for AT&T? Are you retarded?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    B14 live in Alpena.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Sub-6 5G is live in a number of areas in northern Michigan now including the U.P.

However, there are still a fairly large number of sites awaiting the FirstNet upgrade.

Device(s)
    Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    No Band 14 at all in St. Joseph County, south of Kalamazoo. It would help a lot because of the rural nature of the county. It appears like band 12 has been gutted. I wonder if bandwidth was taken away and reassigned for n5. Hope to test in the next couple of weeks and find out.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bsilvertab View Post
    No Band 14 at all in St. Joseph County, south of Kalamazoo. It would help a lot because of the rural nature of the county. It appears like band 12 has been gutted. I wonder if bandwidth was taken away and reassigned for n5. Hope to test in the next couple of weeks and find out.
    Gutted in what way? They arent going to shut any of the B12 down for 5G. They will use DSS for B12/n12 when they transition that spectrum over. n5 is 850 MHz spectrum, same used for B5 LTE which has probably been off line for some time.

EDIT: B14 will definitely help out when its deployed there. I would think they will be upgrading a lot more of the sites before the end of the year.

Device(s)
    Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I know they didn't shut down band 12, but the speeds are just horrid in a lot of places. I don't understand why. Rarely do I see more than 10 mb / 1mb up. There are a few places I know of where the band 12 signal is great, but the phone can hardly send and receive data. This wasn't the case until 5g was deployed. I wonder if they reallocated backhaul for n5, or upgraded circuits. My theory is that they reallocated.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bsilvertab View Post
    I know they didn't shut down band 12, but the speeds are just horrid in a lot of places. I don't understand why. Rarely do I see more than 10 mb / 1mb up. There are a few places I know of where the band 12 signal is great, but the phone can hardly send and receive data. This wasn't the case until 5g was deployed. I wonder if they reallocated backhaul for n5, or upgraded circuits. My theory is that they reallocated.
    Not in N Michigan, but I've seen the same thing in my market where there is no band 5 (A and B are both Verizon). The original AT&T network here was built out as TDMA on PCS (band 2) and later got fill in coverage with band 12.

Despite the current band configuration, which includes 2, 4, 12, 30, and 66; I rarely get more than 30 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up no matter where I am unless I'm almost directly next to a tower. There are a few shopping centers where this is the case, and I can easily hit 110/20 Mbps when I'm outside those buildings. But as soon as I go inside or anywhere more distant, it seems like all those bands get dropped except for 12 (and occasionally 12+2) and throughput absolutely tanks.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    Not in N Michigan, but I've seen the same thing in my market where there is no band 5 (A and B are both Verizon). The original AT&T network here was built out as TDMA on PCS (band 2) and later got fill in coverage with band 12.

Despite the current band configuration, which includes 2, 4, 12, 30, and 66; I rarely get more than 30 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up no matter where I am unless I'm almost directly next to a tower. There are a few shopping centers where this is the case, and I can easily hit 110/20 Mbps when I'm outside those buildings. But as soon as I go inside or anywhere more distant, it seems like all those bands get dropped except for 12 (and occasionally 12+2) and throughput absolutely tanks.
    Well, I can say that I have seen similar sites here right after a FirstNet upgrade and it is being looked into. One site in particular I was getting 110+ on 12+2+2, but only 20-30 DL speeds on 2+2+14+30 after. It's also an n5/5G site. At one point, it was capping out at 10 down.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Looks like there is a brand new site that has gone live in Trout Lake, in Michigans upper peninsula.

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83