Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Results 1,126 to 1,137 of 1137

Thread: Northern Michigan?

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How much of firstnet do you think will really affect northern Michigan?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoDough View Post
    You have been trying for 5 years to work for AT&T? Are you retarded?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    AT&T has solid coverage around northern Montmorency and Presque Isle counties. While scouting the area over Memorial Day weekend, I was saddened to see a Hillman landmark is gone. The Avalon Bar has been demolished and this is all that remains:

Name:  Screenshot_20180607-135752_Gallery.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  35.6 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S8, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew110 View Post
    I think we can count that as the Thumb. Clifford of all places lol too bad it’s not Mayville.
    Your wish is granted... New sites for Mayville and Brown City have been approved, I hear.

I also hear new sites for Bay Port, east of Bad Axe, and near M53/Deckerville Rd have a good chance of approval soon. Keep your fingers crossed.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    Your wish is granted... New sites for Mayville and Brown City have been approved, I hear.

I also hear new sites for Bay Port, east of Bad Axe, and near M53/Deckerville Rd have a good chance of approval soon. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Nice!! Hopefully some new ones get approved around Sebewaing and Bay Port as well

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score

Oh wow this is huge news!!!!! M53 and Deckerville road is very needed!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

If they get one up near 53 and Deckerville, I wonder how far down Deckerville it will go? I guess it depends what frequencies they use, yes? Anyone know what frequencies they've been deploying around the Thumb?

Also, depending on how far it does travel, I doubt it's going to make it as far west as Deford. Which brings me to my next hope: I hope they fill in another gap in Tuscola County, which is that area between Cass City and Kingston (aka Deford area).

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular_freak View Post
    If they get one up near 53 and Deckerville, I wonder how far down Deckerville it will go? I guess it depends what frequencies they use, yes? Anyone know what frequencies they've been deploying around the Thumb?

Also, depending on how far it does travel, I doubt it's going to make it as far west as Deford. Which brings me to my next hope: I hope they fill in another gap in Tuscola County, which is that area between Cass City and Kingston (aka Deford area).
    They're using all band 2 and 5 LTE in the Thumb. Some sites have (2) B2 carriers and are running 3x CA. AT&T claims they will be adding B66 to towers that get 14, which should be deployed in some areas by the end of the year.

I wouldn't count on a new site near Deford but I could be wrong. B2 has been widened to 15x15 on many of the Thumb sites but has lost some range since it was first deployed at 5x5. B5 LTE propagates fairly well but yeah the signal from a new site at 53/Deckerville Rd probably won't do a lot for the Deford area.

Feedback Score
    I'm across the street from the thumb tower in White Rock on M 25. I was getting a strong -75db signal on B5, and generally a 15 mb download. Now the signal strength is -109db, but the download is 50 to 60 mb and I'm on B2. Am I connected to a different tower? The next one is really far away probably Harbor Beach...does it seem odd the download is so fast at such a poor signal strength? And why the poor signal when I am 2000 feet from the tower?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BW14 View Post
    I'm across the street from the thumb tower in White Rock on M 25. I was getting a strong -75db signal on B5, and generally a 15 mb download. Now the signal strength is -109db, but the download is 50 to 60 mb and I'm on B2. Am I connected to a different tower? The next one is really far away probably Harbor Beach...does it seem odd the download is so fast at such a poor signal strength? And why the poor signal when I am 2000 feet from the tower?
    That's great news! No, you're on the tower close to you. B2 (probably 15x15) will have slightly worse signal than B5. Do you have an AT&T device....or an MVNO? Because that site is probably running B2+5 CA which is a feature not provisioned on an MVNO afaik. That should give you 60-80 on the download.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Definitely the same tower. As long as your downloads are good I wouldn't worry about it. When did they turn on b2 there?

Feedback Score
    I have ATT devices. I just added the Nighthawk MR 1100 router as my permanent hotspot and it works terrific. And I added the MIMO antenna which bought me about -5 more db, so no connection problem. The nighthawk mobile app gives me the cellular data without having to switch to maintenance mode. So I'm thrilled with tripling my data speed!

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BW14 View Post
    I have ATT devices. I just added the Nighthawk MR 1100 router as my permanent hotspot and it works terrific. And I added the MIMO antenna which bought me about -5 more db, so no connection problem. The nighthawk mobile app gives me the cellular data without having to switch to maintenance mode. So I'm thrilled with tripling my data speed!
    Nice! Glad to hear your service is that much improved. BMW must have missed this one I know there area areas in the Thumb that will hit over 100 on the download. What an improvement from 3 years ago! Enjoy.

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76