Thread: If you like the new Sprint 6.5 Rom, you'll LOVE this even more!!!

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up If you like the new Sprint 6.5 Rom, you'll LOVE this even more!!!

I was over at PPC Geeks looking for there roms because i found the sprint 6.5 a bit laggy but didnt wanna have to go searching for all the cabs. to reinstall like sprint nav, music store etc. So I stubbled over the Sprint Lovers Rom 2.5. It's AWESOME. Keeps everythink that the Sprint rom (it's built off of that) andadds wireless router the task manager up at the top right is back plus tweaks that speed it up by better utilizing memory.

Here it is...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115405

If yu read from the beginning he fix the bugs so far. His recent release was 3-30-2010. But again a good rom if you like Srints rom and Sprints preloaded programs.
    Desmond,
    Wilmington, NC

Motorola I60c---> Motorola I860---> Blackberry 7100i---> Palm Treo 700wx---> Samsung Instinct---> HTC Touch Pro---> HTC Touch Pro 2---> HTC EVO 4G (present)

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Wow no-one wants to comment? Anyone else have this rom?

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2 (primary)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have it, and I am very disappointed in it.. While I havent used the stock 6.5 ROM, I came from MightyROM (before HTC sense 2.5), and I find this one locks up quite frequently. I was hoping for something like mighty's work, except with some of sprints stuff, boy was I wrong :|
    Hopefully the ROM will become a little more stable as chris refines it, as I really like his idea of keeping a clean, zippy carrier ROM with 1337 hax

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    See i had mightyrom too but got tired of adding cabs to it. This one has everything Sprints rom has + more. With fresh boot, i have 90mb memory free. No lagging at all. I hope he adds the 6.5.3 or 6.5.5 stuff to the next update.

Looks like he did another update 4-2-10

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2 (primary)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'll keep my eye on it. Although I probably wont jump in until it gets a complete software overhaul (again, with the stability issues). Soft resetting a few times a day is not my idea of a practical ROM (perhaps my phone is crapping out?)

PS: I tried doing the whole clear flash trick to make sure the ROM doesnt cross a ghost script(clear storage> flash to sprint 6.5> clear storage> flash to sprint lover's 6.5> clear storage). Still, the phone acts up

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    hmm acts up how? its been fast for me.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2 (primary)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    random slow downs, task manager glitches and wont report open programs(or refuses to open), ram consumption goes into the 80% with everything closed (supposedly). At the point where ram becomes irrecoverable, the phone gets pretty frikken slow. Although if I had to blame something, I would say its because people are still tweaking the newly released sprint 6.5

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleki
    random slow downs, task manager glitches and wont report open programs(or refuses to open), ram consumption goes into the 80% with everything closed (supposedly). At the point where ram becomes irrecoverable, the phone gets pretty frikken slow. Although if I had to blame something, I would say its because people are still tweaking the newly released sprint 6.5
    I only have the slow memory drops even w/o programs open which i wondered why this would happen but the rest i've never had happen to me. Have you reported these issues on ppc freaks? The spring lovers rom thread?

Device(s)
    Sprint HTC Touch Pro
    Feedback Score
    Is this compatible with the Sprint HTC Touch Pro VGA size?
    Thanks

Device(s)
    Touch Pro for now
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint - Sero baby
    Feedback Score
    You may want to add it's for Touch Pro 2's

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by feis
    You may want to add it's for Touch Pro 2's
    Why when sprint didnt release a 6.5 rom for tp1?

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch (SGSII)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO Premium
    Feedback Score
    mightyrom has the xdauc program that you can configure once to reinstall all your apps.
    "This is gonna be tough, real tough, like tough plus more tough, times tough, to the power of tough" Chowder