Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Happy U-Verse customer here

Device(s)
    Sony Z3 (D6616)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    just have internet signed up here. it's pretty fast, however the router the comes with it is atrocious. of course i'm running a router behind it, but still, if they gave an option for just a modem only, that would be better.

anyone get a class action lawsuit thing? i guess when i was a dsl customer, they limited my speed. no wonder i thought it was ridiculously slow and that's why i upgraded to u-verse.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot
    i guess when i was a dsl customer, they limited my speed. no wonder i thought it was ridiculously slow and that's why i upgraded to u-verse.
    what speed did you have vs what speed you actually got..?
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JigSaw
    profiles profiles profiles
    Call Me Bubbles Dahhhlin... Everyone Does! ||

Device(s)
    Sony Z3 (D6616)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    i had the elite or something like that. the fastest dsl one. speed advertised was up to 6 mb/s (somewhere around there). actual speed was like less than 1 mb/s. i've been with them since they first had their dsl service in place (upgrading to the next level when it became available). i just figured that was as fast as it got for dsl.

Feedback Score
    i had the elite or something like that. the fastest dsl one. speed advertised was up to 6 mb/s (somewhere around there). actual speed was like less than 1 mb/s.
    Did u even bother callin up at$t or bellsouth ( back then) to get it fixed..?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3gS 16gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I get the following:
    Speed

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by garrym13
    I get the following:
    Speed
    Is that what ur paying for ?

Device(s)
    Sony Z3 (D6616)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Did u even bother callin up at$t or bellsouth ( back then) to get it fixed..?
    yea i did (several times). they gave me the run around saying that i lived kind of far so that affects my speed and that they advertise UP TO a certain speed. not necessarily gonna get that. i was expecting at least half of advertised. oh well, i filled out that card, and i should be getting some compensation back from them.

at least now with uverse i'm getting what i pay for. just the gateway i don't like

Feedback Score
    they gave me the run around saying that i lived kind of far so that affects my speed
    Yes and no.
    and that they advertise UP TO a certain speed. not necessarily gonna get that.
    If u pay for the 768k... you should get at least that speed
    1.5M... you should get MORE than 768k and up to 1.5M
    3M... you should get MORE than 1.5M and up to 3M
    6M... you should get more than 3M and up to 6M...
    i was expecting at least half of advertised
    Well what speed are you or did you pay for and what did you actually get..??
    just the gateway i don't like
    whats wrong with the gateway..??

Device(s)
    Moto W755 - Gray
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (personal),
    Feedback Score
    As with DSL service U-verse data is affected by copper cable length and a lot of other variables. That is why AT&T advertises the speeds as up to. They cannot guarantee speeds. The only way you can get anywhere close to the advertised speeds is to have a very short lenght of copper or fiber to the curb.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMac
    As with DSL service U-verse data is affected by copper cable length and a lot of other variables. That is why AT&T advertises the speeds as up to. They cannot guarantee speeds. The only way you can get anywhere close to the advertised speeds is to have a very short lenght of copper or fiber to the curb.
    fiber to the curb is the key phrase here.... fiber to the premesis is different.

Device(s)
    Sony Z3 (D6616)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes and no.

If u pay for the 768k... you should get at least that speed
    1.5M... you should get MORE than 768k and up to 1.5M
    3M... you should get MORE than 1.5M and up to 3M
    6M... you should get more than 3M and up to 6M...

Well what speed are you or did you pay for and what did you actually get..??

whats wrong with the gateway..??
    yea that's what i was expecting to get, at least 3mb/s. but i got like 1 mb/s (on a good day). like i stated in an previous post, paid for their highest, which was 6 mb/s.

gateway doesn't support UPnP, sucks as a router (already knew that though), ports aren't gigabit ports (which i need), the wireless would just randomly drop out, and stay off for an indefinite amount of time, then come back on, also when you put something in DMZ, it's not completely open. there's still a couple firewall protocols still on (you CANNOT FULLY turn off the fireware). and as far as settings go, there's not much you can control.

i just wished they could just supply me with just a modem, and i can use that with my router.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMac
    Catv is also fiber to the node and copper from there to the house, it's no different than how the telephone company does it....
    Where as some areas the telephone company have bought the fiber to the curb and then copper from there to the house...
    With fiber to the curb, we still get the same dsl speeds, it's no faster. Granted there is no more than 250 ft of total copper wire, depending on how far the house is from that onu cabinet, some can be up to 500 ft away which is still better than a few thousand...

Device(s)
    Moto W755 - Gray
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (personal),
    Feedback Score
    gateway doesn't support UPnP, sucks as a router (already knew that though), ports aren't gigabit ports (which i need), the wireless would just randomly drop out, and stay off for an indefinite amount of time, then come back on, also when you put something in DMZ, it's not completely open. there's still a couple firewall protocols still on (you CANNOT FULLY turn off the fireware). and as far as settings go, there's not much you can control.

i just wished they could just supply me with just a modem, and i can use that with my router.
    If you are still having speed issues try contacting Tier II support at [email protected] They are very helpful and responsive.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Catv is also fiber to the node and copper from there to the house, it's no different than how the telephone company does it....
    Where as some areas the telephone company have bought the fiber to the curb and then copper from there to the house...
    With fiber to the curb, we still get the same dsl speeds, it's no faster. Granted there is no more than 250 ft of total copper wire, depending on how far the house is from that onu cabinet, some can be up to 500 ft away which is still better than a few thousand...
    Unless you live in the privileged few areas where you're FTTP, meaning your gateway is connected from the NID via straight ethernet,... you're on VDSL.. (connected via coax or phone wire at the gateway) so yea.. you're right.. it's no different than the way it would normally be connected.. except that the tv service can come over the same pipe.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast