Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Happy U-Verse customer here

Device(s)
    Sony Z3 (D6616)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMac
    If you are still having speed issues try contacting Tier II support at [email protected] They are very helpful and responsive.
    nah i'm not having speed issues, it's been great as far as the speed for u-verse. i'm actually getting the speed i paid for, for once.

it's just the gateway sucks for some applications even if after you put it into dmz because the firewall can't be fully turned off.

Feedback Score
    I feel kind of duped with the whole fttn and ftth/fttp technology.

http://adslm.dohrenburg.net/vdslm/uverse.php

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rickster.
    I feel kind of duped with the whole fttn and ftth/fttp technology.
    http://adslm.dohrenburg.net/vdslm/uverse.php
    simple... FTTN is fiber to the Node or fiber to the cabinet by the main neighborhood telephone box...

FTTH / FTTP is fiber to the house / fiber to the premise (same crap)

FTTC is fiber to the curb which means the fiber goes to a mini telephone box in the front of the street that feeds ~25 houses...

Majority of AT$T's network is FTTN... which means its copper from that cabinet to your house with limits of ~3000 feet for now that is until they turn up VDSL2 which lets us go to ~7k feet...

Device(s)
    Metro pcs Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    u-verse is not for me. we have 6 tvs n our house. and only 4 recievers are aloud on at once so at night 2 people cant watch tv

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cvrfinest209
    u-verse is not for me. we have 6 tvs n our house. and only 4 recievers are aloud on at once so at night 2 people cant watch tv
    It all depends on what profile u have vs now many streams of tv you can watch.
    The 32m profile allows 3 hi def streams and 1 regular stream at the same time
    the 25m profile allows 2 hi def streams and 1 regular stream at the same time
    the 19m profile allows 1 hi def stream and 1 regular stream at the same time

so let's say on the 32m profile, if you have 3 TVs running with hi def channels and a 4th tv on watching a regular stream, then the 5th tv will be watching the same as the 4th tv & the same on with the 6th tv..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cvrfinest209
    Also remember that only one TV can pause a live broadcast. That really sucks.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wish uverse was in my area or else I would have it. I do have Att DSL Extreme and get advertised speeds for the most part.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    As a former U-Verse installer, I can say that there are things you can make yourself aware of to help improve the quality of your service.

I rarely had revisits for customers that I ran Cat 5 for. This is the best way to run the service from the NID to the gateway.

If your installer is going to use coax for your homerun (from the NID to the gateway), it MUST be RG6 with new fittings and a straight run. I'd come across jobs with old fittings, RG59, splitters, and/or barrels in the homerun. Ut-uh, bad joojoo.

In newer homes with Cat 5 already installed, ask your installer to run everything ethernet. Some don't like to do it because they may not have a switch. Well, you could call your supervisor and find who was near you so that you could run and pick up a switch real quick.

If they insist on using coax, you need to check the job. There should be new compression fittings on every end, that includes behind the wallplates. Wallplates should be replaced with new ones.

I forgot the exact numbers, but in general, you never installed a customer who was getting less than 25MB/s at the NID. IIRC (and I may be off), an HD stream uses 6MB and a SD stream uses 4MB. The rest is internet, VoIP, and overhead. The more TVs you'll have, then the higher rate you want at your NID. Ask your installer before he starts what you're getting at the NID to help determine what your experience will be.

During the time I did the job, I found that bad fittings and bad homeruns will provide you with most of your problems. The techs are under a lot of constraints to meet productivity numbers and some techs will take shortcuts just to not have to hear their managers mouth. At the same time, they also get dinged for repeats so you'd think that'd be incentive enough to not worry about the time and just do it right. At least in Texas, repeats carried more weight over effeciency numbers.

Device(s)
    G'zone Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verzion,
    Feedback Score

Happy with U verse in Houston

My wife has been using U verse in our houston apartment and it is really grea, no problems great service and i like the alacarte style that is still cheaper than bundling. we have cable and internet and no phone b/c we use our cell phones. also we only need to give 30 day notice if we want to cancel so if we need to move out of a u verse area they are very accomidating. wish we had it in NJ where i am working at the moment, oh well i am out of here soon, miss you NJ.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have had uverse for 4 months now and absolutely love it. Really like the user interface over the local Comcast crap in my area (Outside Jackson, MS). Like the idea of recording and viewing DVR programs from any TV. We have TV, Internet and phone and all 3 work fantastic. Only problem I have had was a TV box went out and it was replaced the next day. Great Product, great service - No cable for me anytime soon - sticking with uverse.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Sprint/VZW
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The good: cheapest, no contract, great advanced DVR features.

The bad: TV quality, pathetic upload options, quickly becoming 2nd reincarnation of AT&T DSL: (no match for cable Internet, stagnating on speed improvements)

I know Charter gets a bad rap but they are at 25/3 where I live with 60/5 available soon. Besides most Charter customers left to Uverse when it was launched in my area 1.5 years ago so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get slowdowns with few customers.

What really gets me is the fact that I have fiber wired into my house and they refuse to sell me higher bandwidth even though they have the capability of selling symmetrical bandwidth if the customer has FTTP, in my case I do. Anyway, have Uverse now but not for the speed junkies that's for sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang
    I know Charter gets a bad rap but they are at 25/3 where I live with 60/5 available soon. .
    the majority of the people out there don't care about the speed, they are more in it for the catv.
    But when I get uverse, I'm shooting for the 32m profile which gives me the max Internet speed and the most HD channels and luckily for me, I'm only 1600 ft from the vrad... Which is why my current 6m dsl is consistent at 6.5m all day long...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Calhoun
    The techs are under a lot of constraints to meet productivity numbers and some techs will take shortcuts just to not have to hear their managers mouth. At the same time, they also get dinged for repeats so you'd think that'd be incentive enough to not worry about the time and just do it right. At least in Texas, repeats carried more weight over effeciency numbers.
    I can attest 1000% with what he says...
    It's all about the #s and that's all they care about...

So these techs will cut corners to make their #s to keep the boss off their rear ends, but then that's when the re visits come and haunt you because you cut corners to make the #s...

It's sad on at$t's part, but it's reality....!!!!

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    The ironic part about AT&T's FTTH is that it's slower than a good VDSL install. The fiber is capped off at 25mbit for reasons I will never understand. They should have had plans to do FTTH from day 1, as that is the future. If AT&T doesn't do FTTH, then HFC (cable) will kill them. Whoever has the most bandwidth will ultimately win, as long as they use it halfway intelligently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT
    The ironic part about AT&T's FTTH is that it's slower than a good VDSL install. The fiber is capped off at 25mbit for reasons I will never understand. They should have had plans to do FTTH from day 1, as that is the future. If AT&T doesn't do FTTH, then HFC (cable) will kill them. Whoever has the most bandwidth will ultimately win, as long as they use it halfway intelligently.
    Your forgetting one important thing about at$t... And that is they don't want to spend $ to make $.
    Besides do you have any idea how many billions and billions it would cost to bring fiber to the house for every single family house that is out there....
    Sure the newer developments are all fiber to the curb but their hardware and software are their limiting factors and they know this and yet they still refuse to do anything about it.
    But for a the home that are 10+ yrs old still on copper from the house to the main cross box somewhere in the remote area..... To change those over to fiber to the curb.... $$$$$$$$$$ that they are not willin to invest which is why they are re using the existing copper to make their uverse work...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast