Jimmy

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It's the same thing that's been talked about since 2008. Supposedly they are going to be able to push 25/2 out to 4000+ feet, and 19/2 out to 5000 feet, which is getting pretty ridiculous, but those are the claims that are floating around the internets.

What they are actually going to do is use an iNID, which connects phone service and HPNA on the outside of the house, also to get the VDSL signal before it gets degraded on inside wiring. Then, there are HPNA boxes you can connect where the RG would have gone that are just bridges to Ethernet and wifi- yeah it's weird.

There is also an ethernet port on the iNID that you can run inside if you want better performance.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just had U-verse TV installed. Liked the free installation of U-verse for up to 3 rooms, and the ~$57 6-month introductory price for U300. Not sure I like that the secondary receivers can't pause live TV (only the main receiver can, yet you still pay $7 extra per month for each secondary receiver). Also, neither receiver has the reminder function, only the record function. Am wondering if I should have gone with Dish since my internet is with Verizon Mobile Broadband.

The tech installed Cat5 wire everywhere. Should I have asked for coax instead?

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Gotta say that the U-verse music selection is a lot better than my old cable company's where I used to live (Mediacom), but that's about the only major advantage I see over Mediacom.

Mediacom let you switch between the box's 2 receivers with a single push of a button on the remote, and rewind what you missed while not watching the other receiver's programming. I don't see that capability on U-verse, even though I think the main U-verse box has 3 or 4 receivers inside it?

U-verse's PIP Browse doesn't seem very useful; it seems they could have built more functionality into the PIP Browse.

I'm a little underwhelmed by AT&T U-verse. AT&T's marketing is much better than the product, when I make comparisons with Mediacom.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    In the previous post, I should have used the word "tuner" instead of "receiver."

Also learned that the 4 tuners are found inside the tall, thin "Residential Gateway" box. The pizza-box-like set-top boxes don't have any tuners in them, not even the bigger pizza box that houses the DVR hard drive.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that Verizon isn't installing fiber to the home anymore because of cost. Is that true?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6