Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What's with all the Sprint talk around here?

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corrupt81
    Except often Sprint will try desperately to hang on to a native sprint signal than to switch over to roaming on Verizon, thus leaving you with no service anyway. (All new sprint phones had the "force roam" option removed.)

These silly scare tactics used by vzw and the reps is why I stick around. How often is it when a phone just won't work? The worst case scenario is very rare but the vzw sub and the add department will have you believe they are the only case scenario.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Just to be clear, I'm a Verizon customer, but regularly pop into the Sprint forum because I have friends on Sprint and so I keep up really with service across both services. My wife's service is still on T-Mobile - I pass through there. Additionally, if I needed some reason personally to be in Sprint forums, I have a Boost prepaid phone which uses Sprint's iDEN network.

Anyway, the point of this is, as long as posts and responses are relevant, cordially written, and without biggotry then all should be well regardless of which carrier the person posting personally uses.

My 2c,
    --Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

Device(s)
    Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,
    Feedback Score
    People want to save money, right?

I'm sure almost every member on the forum knows about Page Plus, Boost CDMA, Simple Mobile, etc. Why not go there? Signing a contract, then being stuck with sub-par service (this isn't directed towards Sprint, don't get your panties in a bunch) isn't worth it, especially if you have to live with it for 2 years.

I do have Verizon. Contract? **** no. I'm sticking to month-to-month, so if VZW ever pisses me off, I'm gone. I really don't mind shelling out the extra $25 a month for service that I AM happy with, but some people do mind it, and that's where all this Sprint talk comes from. I would probably still be with Page Plus, if I didn't need unlimited data (and the VZW coverage, of course).

Honestly, if you want to cut down on the bills, go to Boost CDMA. It's the best deal around. $50 flat for unlimited everything, including landlines ;-). Worried about the coverage, get a backup Page Plus phone. $10 every 4 months. That's how you save money.

Android fanboy til I die!!! G1 FTW!!! F$^k Apple!!

Carrier(s)
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthead007
    Sprint just sold off their towers, have outsourced care to god knows where this week, their internal network maintenance is outsourced. ATT and Sprint will both cancel you if you roam too much. And Metro reserves the right to disconnect any call that is over 120 minutes.....and the list goes on.

And here is the final part that really shows Verizon's class and benefits overall: they take very good care of their employees. Verizon Wireless employees are not only paid very well, but they also have access to other benefits that are very generous. On the one hand, it is sad when customers have a bad experience cause guess what, that employee is paid well. On the other hand, it is sad when people make blanket statements that VZW is a heartless corp cause they do provide many benefits.And those benefits ensure families have a roof over their head and adequate healthcare and other perks so we don't need a union or federal health care plan to be responsible.
    So I am 100% sure that the Technical Services of Verizon Wireless are operated by Flextronic's which in turn is a third party. Rather then Verizon paying their own people to be Tech's and making $32,000 per year they outsource to a company that has a very high employee refresh rate. Which then only pays the Tech Employee $26,000 per year. If you come in as a Tech you only have a .03% chance of being hired directly by Verizon to further your career to go into Sales or Customer Service.

So although Verizon Wireless might be taking care of their own employee's, its like going down to Labor Ready and hiring 20 immigrants to work in your store for peanuts compared to the sales staff.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+, iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corrupt81
    Except often Sprint will try desperately to hang on to a native sprint signal than to switch over to roaming on Verizon, thus leaving you with no service anyway.
    Verizon phones do the same with Verizon signal. In most Verizon markets they won't let you roam even if there isn't any native signal (such is the case in my apartment and gym).

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grandhustle413
    People want to save money, right?

I'm sure almost every member on the forum knows about Page Plus, Boost CDMA, Simple Mobile, etc. Why not go there? Signing a contract, then being stuck with sub-par service (this isn't directed towards Sprint, don't get your panties in a bunch) isn't worth it, especially if you have to live with it for 2 years.

I do have Verizon. Contract? **** no. I'm sticking to month-to-month, so if VZW ever pisses me off, I'm gone. I really don't mind shelling out the extra $25 a month for service that I AM happy with, but some people do mind it, and that's where all this Sprint talk comes from. I would probably still be with Page Plus, if I didn't need unlimited data (and the VZW coverage, of course).

Honestly, if you want to cut down on the bills, go to Boost CDMA. It's the best deal around. $50 flat for unlimited everything, including landlines ;-). Worried about the coverage, get a backup Page Plus phone. $10 every 4 months. That's how you save money.

This is a public forum, what carrier you have doesn't disqualify the opinion of another. I regularly check in here because the whining about price in Sprint forums that has become common place here.

Device(s)
    DROID X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    sprint is popping all over this forum because verizon is skyrocketing their prices while sprint is lowering them

i have a verizon family plan and i cannot wait for my 2 years to be up so i can switch to sprint. its bullpoop that verizon thinks they can charge me an extra 10 bucks per phone on all 5 lines, adding up to 50 bucks a month, on something I HAVE BLOCKED right now.. they can suck my d

i can get unlimited messaging, and data on all 5 lines (which includes smart phones - no extra $30 plan on sprint), and 1500 minutes for 190 a month.. which is cheaper than having 1400 mins, unlimited messaging, and 10mb of data per phone -which are not smartphones- on verizon (200 a month).. if i were to have the same plan with unlimited data and 5 smartphones on verizon it would cost around $350

190 vs 350? hmm.. is verizons network really worth the extra $160 a month? not in my opinion.. thats around $2000 a year in savings..

sprint is stepping it up.. hopefully their prices are still cheap by time this stupid contract is over.. anyone know how to get out of a contract early?
    will sprint pay my etf by any chance?

Device(s)
    Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubspoon
    This is a public forum, what carrier you have doesn't disqualify the opinion of another.
    What are you referring to? I didn't refer to anything besides me being happy with VZW and how Boost CDMA is the cheapest option out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo1300
    sprint is popping all over this forum because verizon is skyrocketing their prices while sprint is lowering them

i have a verizon family plan and i cannot wait for my 2 years to be up so i can switch to sprint. its bullpoop that verizon thinks they can charge me an extra 10 bucks per phone on all 5 lines, adding up to 50 bucks a month, on something I HAVE BLOCKED right now.. they can suck my d

sprint is stepping it up.. hopefully their prices are cheap by time this stupid contract is over.. anyone know how to get out of a contract early?
    I'm sure this mandatory data thing isn't gonna hold for too much longer. They are already taking more phones off of the list, so by the time your contract ends, the requirement could possibly be gone.

Also, rumor is that Verizon might be coming with unlimited talk for $40 a month. It's only a rumor, and I doubt it, but anything is possible. VZW won't screw customers this bad and not have a good reason, or a good outcome to go with it.

And, no. Sprint will not pay your ETF for 5 lines. Go ahead and port out, and just pay the ETF piece by piece until it's paid off.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grandhustle413

They are already taking more phones off of the list, so by the time your contract ends, the requirement could possibly be gone.
    Like what? The only phone I've seen come off is the crappy Moto Entice.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo1300
    i can get unlimited messaging, and data on all 5 lines (which includes smart phones - no extra $30 plan on sprint), and 1500 minutes for 190 a month.. which is cheaper than having 1400 mins, unlimited messaging, and 10mb of data per phone -which are not smartphones- on verizon (200 a month).. if i were to have the same plan with unlimited data and 5 smartphones on verizon it would cost around $350

190 vs 350? hmm.. is verizons network really worth the extra $160 a month? not in my opinion.. thats around $2000 a year in savings..

sprint is stepping it up.. hopefully their prices are still cheap by time this stupid contract is over.. anyone know how to get out of a contract early?

@Paulo1300

If you go the Everything Plus Referral Program route, then you could get 1600 minutes, unlimited everything else (7pm N&W, Any Mobile, Messaging, Data, BIS, GPS, TV, Radio, etc) for $174.96 + tax (saving more than $2100 + tax per year). NOTE: Sprint officially opened this program to the public. I do not benefit from this information, nor am I working for or affiliated with Sprint in any way other than just an informed customer.

However, keep in mind that corporate discounts do NOT apply to EPRP plans. If you have a corporate discount that makes a regular plan cheaper than the EPRP plan, then you'd be better off with that one.

And to answer your question, NO, Sprint will not pay your ETF.
    - Chokaay

Device(s)
    DROID X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    thanks a lot chokaay .. hopefully they still have that deal when my contract is up.. and hopefully they dont change the data plans when the evo comes out

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

as hope and change quickly are taking over all aspects of capitalism people are complaimg about this or that.
    soon everyone will have a mandatory plan on a mandatory network that will be the same,no will be able to afford with English as an add on app that probably will not be free to use
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

whichever is the worst run,losing the most money with the least potential to turn it around will be the winner

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uallach

This may come as something of a cruel surprise to you, but I, for one, don't purchase handsets/service from VZW, with feeding, clothing, and housing your family in mind! Talk about the tail trying to wag the dog!

We, the paying customers, do not exist for your benefit; rather, you and your apparently well-compensated co-workers ought to be concerning yourselves with responding - accurately, promptly, and courteously - to our consumer needs (that is to say, without the often thinly-veiled rent-a-cop "attitude" many of us encounter, in the process, thank you). Why, anyone would think that VZW has 'morphed into yet another public-sector entity!

Completely spot on.

Device(s)
    Moto G (Multiple Generations/Carrier Varients)
    Carrier(s)
    Aio/Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Sprint has nice plans.

Sprint also has horrible customer service, rediculous billing problems, lack of any coverage outside any metropolitan area, and some really nasty phones that look like they were made by Playskool.

So, if your plan is your main concern, yet you don't care about your phone not working in the middle of Montana, you still get billed for that call that was never made and some rude derpa woman doesn't care to hear about it when it is all said and done...

You get on it.

Sprint...FTL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast