Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Element Mobile - Central Wisconsin

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    First things first, my facts are correct, First, You CAN GET a Verizon phone in the Wisconsin holdover markets. I live in the michigan holdover market MI-9 , CMA 480 which is Alltel holdover. All you have to do is change your zip code when you order the verizon phone and fill in your correct address on the online ordering form. As for the phone numbers you have to choose a Verizon phone number outside of your local calling area. Because the telecom companies own the spectrum, licensing, numbers etc. Big deal, I just used a number (Jackson, MI prefix), thats outside of town like 30 minutes away. Thirdly... I can only imagine what phones element mobile will create, that are better than Verizon Wireless, give me a break!!

Lastly, Element mobile customers will roam free off Verizon towers, plus they will get Free calling to Verizon customers. the kicker is that they didnt say how long the freee calling will last (lame).. Plus Element mobile is a regional provider, also lame.. The only benefit that they have going for them is Verizon Roaming... for now.... I would rather get an Outside phone number with Verizon service!! much better option... because that you can roam off Alltel (WI RSA #7)cell towers in Central Wisconsin!
    Squires
    FCC Radio Operator, KK1G
    NARTE Telecommunications Technician, (NCT)
    Commercial Radiotelephone Operator w/ ship radar (FCC)
    GMDSS Radio Operator / Maintainer (FCC)
    Canadian Radio Operator, VE3UPK

Feedback Score
    Everything you are telling customers to do is 100 percent against policies....Element Mobile customers can roam off Verizon towers but VERIZON CANNOT ROAM OFF ELEMENT. I understand your situation in Michigan but that doesn't mean you know what's happening here...it's completely different. You're just a believer in the Verizon side of things...as we like to say " you're gulped the Verizon Kool-aide"... Why would you pay more for your service?? There is nothing wrong with being a regional carrier...and the free calling will last for the lifetime of the company because they are still paying Verizon a portion of their profits. Alltel never owned this area, they just leased space off pre-existing towers owned by a trust of 10 business owners in Wisconsin Rapids. Verizon wasn't willing to pay the same rates Alltel was so they didn't take control of the towers.

I don't imagine that Element will have the same "cool" phones Verizon does but every carrier has exclusive phones...AT&T has the Iphone...T-Mobile has the Garmin phone....Verizon has the Droid...Sprint has the Incredible... who cares??? In 6 months the damn phones are going to be obsolete anyways lol. I'm fine with my "lame" hero. It has the same android operating system, it has a 5 megapixel camera, it's text, pic and video message capable, it plays video, it's wi-fi capable...so it doesn't have the newest, fastest processer...who cares?

Alltel did a great job on the customer service end, that's why they were popular...Element is going to be the same way. We have another regional carrier in Wisconsin "Cellcom" and they are one of the most profitable wireless companies on earth based on their customer satisfaction and their reliability. The website says it best...our size Allows us to be agile our network allows us to be robust. There is nothing wrong with being small.

You love Verizon, that's fine, I'll never convince you otherwise and I don't have to because you're a Michigan customer and Element will never service you. But Verizon isn't the best, Element won't be the best, AT&T, Sprint, T-mobile aren't the best...it's all about treating your customers correctly and providing excellent service, and Element will do that

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    That's the thing...if anyone really wanted a "local" cell phone company then they could go to Cellcom. I don't mind if Solarus wants to make up their own cell phone company but they shouldn't be taking over the local Alltel's to do that. Just because they're local doesn't mean that they'll price plans and such cheaply. Solarus sure doesn't with their other products. I think if Solarus did any research they would have found that 99% of people don't want this and want their Alltel. I don't see how they could have good coverage and also keep the whole My Circle thing because they aren't a part of Alltel (as a corporation) so they could do whatever they felt like. They're just buying the buildings and relabeling.

Feedback Score
    They aren't taking over the local Alltel...Solarus owned it to begin with. If it wasn't for Solarus Alltel wouldn't have been in Central Wisconsin...They own both corporate stores (Stevens Point and Wisconsin Rapids). They Owned the area, the towers and THEY CHOSE Alltel as the company they wanted to lease to...basically they were a silent partner of Alltel. Verizon won't pay them the same tower rates so they are making their own company. You were basically a Solarus customer the entire time...you're just now realizing it. Alltel as a corporation doesn't exist anymore...the headquarters don't exist...they are run by Verizon...it's just a matter of time before the areas that Alltel never owned break apart or join ranks. All VZW had to do was pay the money and this discussion wouldn't be happening... They will be keeping the My Circle...just naming it something different, just like Cellcom and Verizon did.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Do you know anything about plans and prices that will be offered? (I'm guessing you work for them since you know a lot of this info.) Will it really be as good as Alltel was price and plan selection wise? How will they be able to have national coverage?
    Any info that you can share with us will be helpful. Will the people who worked at Alltel still be working there under the Element mobile name or will it be all new people? I know you said that they owned the towers but a friend of mine was laid off by Alltel and all they told him was that Solarus was buying towers. That's why I thought Solarus was taking over because they were buying them, not already owning them.
    Sorry about all the questions but the more I can know, the better I'll feel about this whole thing.

Feedback Score
    I do work for them lol...I hope it wasn't that obvious. I was doing google research on Element and happened across this forum and after reading most of what I was seeing I had to chime in as a lot of it was off base and heresay. Here's the deal...they are going to keep the Alltel plans...same prices, same features. They will be able to offer nationwide coverage as their chief roaming partner is Verizon. Element customers will have 100 percent access to Verizon towers which is great because Verizon does have the most complete nationwide network out of any carriers in the US. They will be keeping the employees, just changing the signage. A lot of the corporate Alltel people were laid off because Verizon people were taking those positions. I can't say for 100 percent certainty that Solarus always owned the towers but I know for a 100 percent fact that Alltel never did. You will have access to every Verizon town and you will have mobile to mobile with every Verizon customer, as I said before...Element has to pay Verizon part of the profits. I hope this helps, any other questions, please let me know. I want to help as many people as possible and calm any fears!

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Mitchconner... fyi.. Verizon handsets can and will roam off of Element mobile towers, its called a Hybrid PRL , which gets flashed to Verizon handets, starting with 65xxx , my hybrid prl is 65145 , here in Michigan

Hybrid PRL's prefer Alltel sites, then Verizon and so on...
    Element mobile pays Verizon to have thier SID on included in the PRL (perfered roaming list)

Element mobile never sent any Fliers, or made any phone calls to customers in central wisconsin asking what they wanted !!! Element mobile is selfish and greey.. Also verizon didnt drop thier customers... Since Solarus has a majority with spectrum, licenses, what they say goes ! And they just told Verizon to take a hike! Verizon has all the money that they need !.. Saying that Verizon couldnt afford the tower rates that Alltel did is a load of BS !!!!

Feedback Score
    You won't get hybrid PRL's when they break apart...I'm well aware of the hybrid...I had one when I lived in central wisconsin but had a storm when I worked for VZW. Verizon's chief roaming partner in central Wisconsin will not be Element, it will be Cellcom, who doesn't offer EVDO RevA service in central Wisconsin so the high speed data will be non-existant. As far as keeping Verizon service, read the contract VERY carefully. In VZW's contract it states that if you are in a roam area greater than 50 percent of the time VZW reserves the right to can you as a customer (Without ETF of course), so why sign up for service knowing there's even a possibility because Central Wisconsin customers who do what you are telling them to do (lie about the zip code) are all going to get let go once VZW gets wise to it. I have a coworker who works with me who has a Storm and it has the 65535 prl and he can't get high speed data here and we are less than 2 miles from an EVDO RevA Alltel tower... However, my HTC Hero will load 5 webpages before his even loads one. There's truly a split if you have Verizon...if you have Alltel/Element you'll never notice the split.

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    well then Explain to me why Verizon isnt using Element mobile as a chief roaming partner, since Element mobile pays them a profit !

Feedback Score
    Because Verizon "technically" owns the area, because Alltel owned the area but leased the towers. Verizon doesn't want to kick out the ching to establish their own towers and since Element owns a 51/49 split of the area they are not allowing Verizon to roam off their towers, but since they are paying them we get to use their towers. I know how idiotic this all sounds...but that's where the disagreement was...Verizon wanted controlling interest of the area and the people from Element (a group of 10 business owners) were not willing to give them controlling interest, but were willing to pay a portion of the profits for rights on the towers. Verizon then turned to Cellcom for their roaming capability and if you look at an EVDO RevA map of Cellcom it's virtually non-existant in Central Wisconsin (Waupaca, Portage, Wood counties) which is why the data is sooooo slow out here for VZW...trust me, I'm not blowing smoke. It is, and always has been my stance, that Alltel would have been better never merging with Verizon, I loved Alltel, but they were so far in debt they didn't have a choice...I assume it had something to do with all the hair care products they had to buy to keep Chad's hair the way it was

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchconner View Post
    I loved Alltel, but they were so far in debt they didn't have a choice...I assume it had something to do with all the hair care products they had to buy to keep Chad's hair the way it was
    haha *like*

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchconner View Post
    Here's the deal...they are going to keep the Alltel plans...same prices, same features. They will be able to offer nationwide coverage as their chief roaming partner is Verizon. Element customers will have 100 percent access to Verizon towers which is great because Verizon does have the most complete nationwide network out of any carriers in the US. They will be keeping the employees, just changing the signage. You will have access to every Verizon town and you will have mobile to mobile with every Verizon customer.
    To Radio_Freq_VZW : this is something mitchconner posted earlier...What is wrong with this? All he's trying to say is it is essentially Alltel but with a different name because the Alltel brand doesn't exist anymore. Also, as he said before, Solarus already owned the buildings and some of the towers that Alltel was going off of. They only leased it to Alltel and since Verizon doesn't want/can't have it they have to do something with it. Thus the rename.

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yes, i'm very aware of Solarus aks WI-7 limited partners. This is the same argument that is happening here in michigan, MI-9, CMA 480 and it is really ticking me off... I'm the only guy that figured this out in michigan, so i called the president of D&P communications, and he was a jerk... So you can why i dont like these telecom companies who think that they know best for the customer... As for Michigan we are still in alltel holdover mode... with Verizon-alltel hybrid cell towers, and Alltel stores.

Feedback Score
    Radio_Freq_VZW: I am wondering why you are having a hard time with this change-over? You live in Michigan, so I am pretty sure that this does not effect you in any way. We are the ones that have to deal with it, not you.

While I am not 100% liking the idea of having to switch to a company that I have never heard of, I will wait to see what they have to offer. At that point, I can either choose to continue with the Element/Alltel service or choose to go to another company. Either way, I do NOT have a choice to remain with what I currently have.

Change is inevitable. Like it or not, this change is coming. Give them a chance to show us what they got. If they suck, they will know because more people will switch companies.

Feedback Score
    there is nothing unusual about what's happening with central Wisconsin...Alltel has had several situations where they've been minority/managing partner in an area and lost the agreement. Wisconsin has had changes in B-band managing partners for years...between Century/Alltel, US Cellular in the 90s (pre-Cellular One purchase) and Cellcom, there's always been a good bit of churn in who operates which market...shows how fragmented the wireline business is there.

Essentially, Solaris earlier went with the only logical partner (Alltel) to help them operate WI-7, and they came to an impasse with VZW after the acquisition, so are going it alone...there are several other companies which have been similarly situated over time; some of which VZW has acquired (CMS of St. Cloud, Valley Telecom Wireless in AZ), some of which VZW hasn't acquired (Illinois Valley Cellular, Golden State). This has happened on the GSM side too (Cincinnati Bell Wireless was a spin-out from AT&T...among others)

Most of the situations end up OK....the only really bad one was NEATT Wireless which acquired some of the spinoff markets from the Cingular-AT&T merger and flamed out after about a year.

There is a transition period at which time the acquiring carrier (Solaris) sets up their billing, roaming and branding arrangements, and at some point they sever ties with Alltel (which is currently billing (at least) for Solaris/Element.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast