Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Element Mobile - Central Wisconsin

Feedback Score
    From what i have read, Alltel was in the area because Solarus and these 9 majority owning companies allowed them to manage the towers. I assume because they liked the plans, phones and services Alltel provided. Then when Verizon did the merger, Solarus and these companies didn't want them to manage the area because Verizon wasn't willing to pay the prices Solarus + 9 wanted. Yet Verizon is getting paid a fee by the Alltel/Element Mobile folks so that Alltel/Element Mobile customers can use Verizon's nationwide towers. But Verizon customers who come to live in the Central Wisconsin area won't be able to use Element Mobile's towers, will be cut off by Verizon due to roaming and forced to choose a different carrier. Which makes me wonder a few things..

The above situation plays into Element Mobile's hands. It makes sense if Element Mobile had planned to take over management of the area eventually. And since Verizon is allowing Element customers to roam off of Verizon's towers nationally, that makes sense too. At least Verizon is collecting a fee somewhere. I would think they would get more money managing the area and putting stores everywhere, instead of just getting a fee for the occasional time a Central Wisconsonite leaves the area and uses the phone. Did Verizon not want to pay the managing prices Solarus + 9 wanted because they were put so outrageously high that they had no choice and it wasn't worth it?

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if the prices were unrealisticly high, but Verizon usually isn't a cheap company so they must have been. All I know is that Alltel was paying a certain price to lease these towers and also gave these guys a 51/49 controlling interest. Verizon A) would not pay the same rates Alltel was and B) would not relinquish controlling rights of the towers so rather than cave...Element Mobile was created.

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    mitchconner, It's more "B" than A, there bud.. Verizon wanted complete control from the get-go. Its not that they didnt want to pay up.. i mean Its verizon, they have lots of money. This is the same issue that is happening in michigan (MI-9, cma 480), the telecom companies like (need) having majority control, over the towers, and licenses (from which they bough spectrum, licenses etc. from the FCC in 1989, and i Think thats wrong. I mean Verizon is a Tier 1 Provider = Good for Customers, more value, more choices.... BETTER NETWORK (capacity). I think its time that these telcom companies just stick to wireline products ONLY i.e. POTS, Fiber, Broadband, and STAY OUT OF THE WIRELESS SIDE OF THINGS!!!!!
    Squires
    FCC Radio Operator, KK1G
    NARTE Telecommunications Technician, (NCT)
    Commercial Radiotelephone Operator w/ ship radar (FCC)
    GMDSS Radio Operator / Maintainer (FCC)
    Canadian Radio Operator, VE3UPK

Feedback Score
    Radio_Freq_VZW...you are a very bitter person.... Verizon isn't the best option for everyone...again, their rates are unbelieveably high compared to what Alltel/Element is offereing...I'm not sure how they are the best value? I would say Sprint is the best value if they worked in the rural areas... Verizon is just a huge conglomerate like Wal-Mart lol...that doesn't make them better....I won't argue the handset selection which, after you get done spouting a lot of professional jargon, is really what you are getting back to...How is it wrong that smaller companies bought spectrum and licenses? We don't live in a dictatorshipe lol...these companies have as much a right to get involved as Verizon does...more power to them...Remember...it's the small companies that keep pricing decent within the larger companies...it's all relative...I would say it's more A than B...Verizon did not want to pony up the money...it's a known fact in this area...

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    mitchconner... I would like you to answer me this question. Did element mobile send any fliers, mailing's, post cards, make any phone calls, cold calling, news paper advertising etc. BESIDES THERE WEBSITE to let Alltel customers know of the impacted change ?

Feedback Score
    Actually they did/are...they have an entire mailing campaign in effect right now...set to increase when the 2,000 VZW customers come back to us...although they don't really have to because it's a name change...that's it...you're acting like all the rate plans are changing which they aren't...and in the written contracts it says that you have to honor your contract even if there is a buyout, as long as your service and pricing doesn't change. There really isn't an impacted change because aside from the bill coming from a different company there won't be any changes...unlike the switch from Alltel to Verizon where you had to switch phones/rate plans. I have a hard, hard time understanding why it is that you are on this board...by all means it's America but you're in Michigan...this switchover has nothing....absolutely nothing to do with you lol...why not worry about Michigan? In addition, I work for Element Mobile so my facts are very, very true...I'm trying to help the people who are transitioning... By the way you should be thanking your lucky stars for these small companies...Verizon doesn't have towers in every part of this country...it's the roaming agreements with these small companies that what allow a company like Verizon to have the strength it does...

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yea, i know about Verizon's roaming agreements. Well at least element mobile is sending out mailings. I'll give them credit for that. The reason why i'm having a hard time with this is that Michigan is still in alltel holdover mode. And i dont know whats going to happen. Check the Michigan alltel holdover forum and you'll see... But whats done is done... I'll give element mobile a chance, i hope everything goes well for customers in central Wisconsin.. I'll be leaving this forum ... good luck element mobile

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm only on this forum because I got a mailing a few days ago and I wanted to know what was up

Carrier(s)
    Alltel/Element mobile
    Feedback Score
    From Berlin WI,

I have been to Rapid City South Dakota, and Alltel is still in use there. Imagine that? However, If my 290 prefix was held as of 1989, for which cell phones had not been invented yet, trust me I'm that old, Then why all the secrets? I have been with Alltel since its conception, owning the first cdma phone they put out. If Element mobile is taking over, why was I sent a flier long ago for the Verizon / Alltel merger, only to find out that I was apart of a select few that could not leave and forced to stay, not given an opt out.
    Fear and greed.
    Mitchconner is a fanboy, a trusted employee of Element, that is apparent.
    If you are so wonderful, why have I never heard of you? Because you did not exist until just now, made up of a few business men, holding on to prefixes(290-299), that back when they purchased them, did not exist. That's why Verizon never got this area, they wanted more money than Verizon offered, then they got left out holding a worthless bag after Verizon said no!
    Trying on new shoes as a company, with no known reputation, is a large task.
    No One will list or say the ten companies that are involved? Why?
    In this forum, all that was said is, about phones, towers, and other "bs", for no one really knows yet what will happen. If I leave Alltel now it will cost me 600.00 in ETF, then I have to get a new number to join Verizon, which is 20 miles in Oshkosh, to west of me.
    To get my phone serviced now I have to travel 75 miles north to Stevens point which is "bs" for they closed all of the Alltel outlet stores in my area. I have had the same number for 10 years now, and it is my only phone, business & home.
    I have always purchased more minutes than I would ever need, Upgraded to a new phone every chance I got, have spent thousands of dollars every year on 3 lines only to get a blank stare from any Verizon/ Alltel rep.
    Mitch, Element has not, will not have, the clout as does Verizon. Immersion, Verizon is on every TV channel in this area, it is in every mall just minutes from me, and now I am forced to change from a Company I have been with for over 10 years, to an un-known entity.... understand the fear?
    I am led to believe Verizon is the answer, U.S. Cellular is not very widely known. Sprint in my area only works in the Appleton area, 60 miles north, not here. So you say Element will offer the same coverage, plans, and pricing, phone quality?
    With what? Borrowed towers? A second Company based in Florida, to hold the reins until you have your feet wet?
    I have played this game to long.
    The questions still remain...Who are you? What is your Plan? What do you have to offer? Don't give me a yarn, man up, give it to me straight, honest, truthful. If you can't do that, why would I want to stay with you? After all, 600.00 is easier to lose, than swallowing your "BS"......

Feedback Score
    First things first...I take offense to you saying I'm spewing be because I am not. It is not really any of your business what my real name / store location is... I'm only slightly worried about being fired for divulging company information lol...all companies use "borrowed" towers...that's why Alltel was so good...they used verizons towers the same way element will...in addition element does own most of the area towers which is why Verizon doesn't. as far as your dilemma about having to go to point....I know there are locations much closer.... new London for sure is one of them. as far as the 10 business holders who own element...I honestly don't know...believe me if I did you would have known by now...I'm not into holding secrets...I understand your fear...your apprehension...but believe me...don't waste your 600 bucks...nothing is changing...just the name...coverage will be the same...its the roaming agreements that make it that way.

Feedback Score
    I have to say that the mailing and information that Element Mobile has put out is pretty poor. They send out this mailing telling everyone that we are going to be made into their customers, but then they leave us flat. No plan details, no coverage information, no pricing or phone model info. The letter does say that "All current Alltel wireless contracts and terms will remain in effect and be honored by Element Mobile." O.K... good. But for how long? Until my contract is up? 6 months after my contract is up? As long as I want until i need a new Alltel phone?
    The web site is even more elusive. quote: "Will my customer agreement remain in effect through THE TRANSITION PERIOD?" answer: "Your Alltel calling plan, prices and features, including My Circle, will remain the same for the duration of the transition period. Element Mobile will contact you by mail prior to any changes that may impact your service when the integration is complete in your area." So as they integrate us into their system we will continue as normal, but after the transition is done, we may have changes?

The other thing that bothers me is the My circle. They say we will have My Circle features as long as we are on an Alltel calling plan. Fine. But since Element Mobile is taking OUR area over, more and more my neighbors and friends are going to either go to them or other carriers. I will have to use up more My Circle numbers for friends that were already on Alltel and thus free to call. There is no mention that Element mobile customers are or will be free to call from my Alltel plan.

The point I am getting at is everyone I talk to in wisconsin rapids about this is confused, upset and unsure about what is going to happen to their plans. Some are going to go to other carriers, others are waiting to see. The letters we all got definately fueled this fear. Motokrazy is right, you are an unknown entity that is limiting our choices by not telling us what choices you bring us. That kind of uncertainty drives folks elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    I work in an Alltel store that is transistioning to element mobile...I don't work directly for them...I just say I do because eventually my store will be element. Im not sure how many times I need to say it lol...this is a name change...that's it...your products and features including calling to VZW customers will remain in effect. that's all it is...thus the lack of info lol. they will carry the Alltel lineup of phones (exciting new ones are coming)...they will carry the rate plans for the length of your contract...here's a thought....everyone is in mass hysteria mode opening their wallets to pay etf fees jumping off the ship...what if...now stay with me here...they have better plans??????? Regional carriers are usually much less expensive...see cellcom. everyone is freaking out about the POTENTIAL bad forgetting a lot of good can happen.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel/Element mobile
    Feedback Score

What If???

Mitch, never intended to insult. However, I did have it spot on, you work for Alltell/Element. Being that said, YOU already know whats going to happen from the word go...I have never worked for or even in my Business, kept my employees in the dark if I was being sold. Understood, you can't say everything you know.

Will they give an opt out? Even if I have 1 of the three contracts active? What if I want to go to AT&T...Not Verizon, US Cellular, or even Cellcom?
    If you start to say something, about change, and in these times change is not always good, then you need to be forthright. If you can't tell me everything I need to know, then why say anything at all?
    Having a website that asks more questions than it answers, not good.
    Insinuating change is good, without all the facts needed, not good.
    Your not lying, but then, half truths are never convincing.

This is a forum, an ex-change of Information, Information is the key word.
    Not opinion of what may be, or what if...
    If you have information, and you are an alias, then why the hold back?
    Why did you even say anything? You were given many feet of rope, only to hang yourself, I would have never let on that I worked for this company, and only offered answers that I new to be truthful.
    After all, I am an Alltel Customer, I have gulp your kool-aid for ten years.
    Now your feeding me more kool-aid of another brand.
    Really, seriously really.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel/Element mobile
    Feedback Score
    Also, If I were a gambling man, mitch is a Sales Rep, who works in New London, mid 20's, and is trying to "sell" us on this transition.
    He knows more than he is telling. Trust me, I am a Customer of Alltel, try calling Alltel Service, ask for a floor manager, then ask that person for his/her boss, the further up you go, the dumber they get.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel/Element mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchconner View Post
    First things first...I take offense to you saying I'm spewing be because I am not. It is not really any of your business what my real name / store location is... I'm only slightly worried about being fired for divulging company information lol...all companies use "borrowed" towers...that's why Alltel was so good...they used verizons towers the same way element will...in addition element does own most of the area towers which is why Verizon doesn't. as far as your dilemma about having to go to point....I know there are locations much closer.... new London for sure is one of them. as far as the 10 business holders who own element...I honestly don't know...believe me if I did you would have known by now...I'm not into holding secrets...I understand your fear...your apprehension...but believe me...don't waste your 600 bucks...nothing is changing...just the name...coverage will be the same...its the roaming agreements that make it that way.
    When referring to you, was meant Element, not you personally

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast