Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Element Mobile - Central Wisconsin

Carrier(s)
    Alltel/Element mobile
    Feedback Score
    Also, Thanks CClay, the phones are great. If you get any GSM extras let me know;-)

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    In VZW's contract it states that if you are in a roam area greater than 50 percent of the time VZW reserves the right to can you as a customer (Without ETF of course)
    Admittedly this was posted over a month ago. But, anyway, not true -- VZW's contract is odd in that it's the only one I've seen that DOESN'T stipulate any kind of roaming limits. And in actuality there aren't -- I've read of people that live in Alaska, they bought a VZW plan because it was less than the comparable plans from local carriers (they must have a number in the lower 48 somewhere.)

I don't have anything else to add to this -- wow what a thread

Feedback Score
    Can anybody tell me if I'll ever be able to port my current Alltel number to Verizon if I live in the 54481 zip code? Will the ban be lifted after our Alltel's go to Element? Any fixed date on when the switch is going to happen?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Notafan View Post
    Can anybody tell me if I'll ever be able to port my current Alltel number to Verizon if I live in the 54481 zip code? Will the ban be lifted after our Alltel's go to Element? Any fixed date on when the switch is going to happen?
    No.

You will not be able to port a Point number to Verizon unless and until Verizon opens a store in Stevens Point. As they just divested their market share in the area, I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

Feedback Score
    I still think the way they did this was BS, the main number on our account is my wife's and her number is an Appleton number 920-450-xxxx, our 2nd phone, mine is a Stevens Point number, I only had that number because i used to work in the Stevens Point area, I don't work over there anymore, but I never changed it, didn't want to bother with having to update everyone etc. But now for some insane reason, element has both numbers locked. We had thought about making my number the primary on the account and switching my wife's number back to Verizon, getting me new phone with Verizon and just leaving on the one phone with Element until the contract runs out. But we can't do that because Element has both numbers locked. So now when we do switch to Verizon, we both have to get new numbers. My wife has had her number for over 10 years. What I don't understand is how element can lock done our account based on the number of our 2nd phone. Our address is not in their area, main phone number is not in their area, but because our 2nd phone had number in that area they locked down the whole account. ITS BS!!!!

I have worked with Solarus in the past on a number of business projects and they have not impressed me. They complain that they are the little guy, but they have basically set themselves up as monopoly in their area. Their pricing is outrageous compared to other phone companies. They ala carte everything claiming it saves you money, but by the time you get just the basics, IE: phone service, caller ID, voice mail etc. You end up paying twice as much as other areas. And yes these days I consider caller id and voice mail basics. Most phone companies bundle them with their basic service, but not Solarus. I'm referring to business lines here not residential. Oh yea and I forgot about the service charges, on charge to setup the phone, another one to setup the caller id, another one to setup the voice mail. If my guess is right when this is said and done, I fully expect most element customers will end up paying more for either the same service or less service that they had with Alltel. And if you live in their area, you won't have any other providers to choose from except them, so you will be stuck with them. Luckily we don't live in their area and once our contract is over next spring, we will be dropping them and going with Verizon.

Solarus is nothing but a bunch of scam artists. They used shady tactics to get rid of AllTel/Verizon, they even went so far as to petition the courts to seal the legal documents pertaining to how they got rid of Alltel/Verizon. But due to their incompetence, they didn't cover all their tracks and you can still find enough information in the public records to see what they did.

Yea they offered to sell the towers to Alltel/Verizon....at a hugely inflated price. Then when Alltel/Verizon turned them down, they used their lawyers and with the help of the Rural Telecommunications Group convinced the FCC and the courts that Alltel/Verizon were being unfair to them and that they should be able to break their lease's on those towers with Alltel/Verizon and that they should also get all their customers also because they were going to start their own Wireless company, "Element" and Alltel/Verizon was preventing them from doing it.

As Paul Harvey would say.....and now you know the rest of the story.

And I am sure one of the lackeys on here who claim they are not working for Element, when they really are working for Element's PR side. Will flame me and call me liar that none of that is true. If the rest of you have any doubts on what I have said, do the same research, most of its available online, either on the State of Wisconsin government site, the FCC site and scattered here and there on a few other sites. Once you start putting the pieces of info together it brings the real picture into focus.
    Last edited by mentat30; 08-26-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Very nice article "mentat30", you see folks this is why element mobile are a bunch of crocks !!!
    Squires
    FCC Radio Operator, KK1G
    NARTE Telecommunications Technician, (NCT)
    Commercial Radiotelephone Operator w/ ship radar (FCC)
    GMDSS Radio Operator / Maintainer (FCC)
    Canadian Radio Operator, VE3UPK

Feedback Score
    I have been reading on this thread for a while and had decided to sign up to say, there has been a lot of real facts up here posted, but also there has been a few nonexistant ones. So people please dont beleive all of what you read. I am an employee in this transition but if I know of any TRUE facts coming down the pipeline that will be beneficial to anyone I will keep you posted. I do know that anyone with a Blackberry will be replacing it with a new one. Element will set up stations at select stores to do all of the transferring from BB to BB using BB Desktop Manager. If anyone had noticed that the new BB Bold has no carrier name on it for Alltel.
    I am a Solarus customer for residential service. I definately do not care for their prices nor service. Their plan is to bundle the cell service in with the cable, internet, and home phone. Thats nice but, we will have to see if they will have competitive pricing. I have no contracts with Solarus or Alltel at this time... waiting to see if I will need to bail or not.

Feedback Score
    Do you know if you have to replace a blackberry with a blackberry? I honestly would rather have something else than another BB. If it doesn't work out that way can I just do the transfer at home, I'd rather not have the potential for my information to be sitting on a store computer.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel/Element mobile
    Feedback Score
    What? 15 days without feed back from mitch?, He is an Elementy kinda guy. Driodzz Elementy too? Your Solaris Customer/ employee, right? Flame on Menta30, trust me you will need to go further to piss off mitch or CClay25, However, I fear that most of us in the Technology business, have a golden rule, you never tell the customer EVERYTHING you know, for then there would be no customers....All Techs!! Likewise with the Cell Phone Dudes, they are not really here to give out the truth, just their version of it. info with real weight, will only trickle from the source. As for locking it down, I've been down that road. I live nowhere near Stevens Point, and Just 20 miles to my west is Verizon, 70 miles north is Point, but Elementy Emp feel the drive is not to far to go, every time I need something serviced, I did get to point, and the phones that Cclay sent me did not work, nor could they be flashed. Found out from a Verizon Tech who was with Alltel, the Silver AX8600's were the el'crapo of a phone, only the blue and green had hinge problems, but worked without flaw. So I had to early upgrade to a new phone, just to stay afloat. I will wait until the damn ball drops, watch my bill, for my lawyer told me that if anything changes, service charges move one red cent, anything changes on the bill I've gottem by the balls, am I right Elementy Boys? The change is supposed to be in the fall, damn soon by my clock.
    Wait for it..........................wait.................. ...................still waiting...........................................

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That's correct "motokrazy" Any service changes to your bill, is breaking the service agreement that you signed, even if its just 1 red cent, any changes in fees, or service charges, you can get out of your contract without paying your bill, or and ETF early termination fee. So just keep an eye out on your next bill, which i'm sure element mobile will nick & dim ya to death, then your scott free :-)

Feedback Score
    I haven't posted because I've got nothing new to report. I do have one thing to add...you guys is just plain dumb. Seriously...motokrazy and ********(I mean radio_freq_vzw) would have thrived during the salem witch hunts because yall have the same mentality. Motokrazy...go ahead and sue...if I had a nickel for everytime someone threatened to sue I wouldn't be working anymore. Its a veiled threat...and I'm sure mr. Big bad tough guy would actually go through will it...please... You ***** and complain about driving to point when you have three viable options within driving range...not to mention there's an alltel agent in berlin...nothing you have to do can't be taken care of at an agent. Switch phones around...agent...insurance claim...agent.... Account maintenence....agent. I think the reason you go to point is because you want something to complain about. You thrive on negativity...
    Last edited by Clay™; 08-29-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: remove offensive content

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Moderator Note: This thread has gone downhill to the point of trolling, flame baiting and name calling. I am ending it now. If you have RELEVANT FACTUAL INFORMATION that you would like to share about Element Mobile please open a new thread.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10