Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Being charged before TOR?

DH is offline I've got more phones than fingers
    Feedback Score
    It sounds like the upgrade was unbilled at the time when you had a $0 balance and the TOR
    wasn't done properly. Instead of creating a new account, they updated the name/credit info.

Like TwistedEdge said you probably missed the callback or the wrong number was entered...
    The callback number defaults to the home phone number on the account, not your cellular #.

If you did miss the callback it would be documented. No harm in calling in to check/correct it.
    Or, you can wait for RogersCerys to look into it for you. It would probably be faster to call in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DH
    the TOR wasn't done properly. Instead of creating a new account, they updated the name/credit info.
    Updating the name/credit info is the correct procedure when doing a TOR with Home Phone on the account.

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    It sounds like the upgrade was unbilled at the time...
    As usual DH gets it spot on. The agent is a ******* for not checking unbilled LOL. As if they did (or reviewed past activity, they'd have seen there was a bill due, and required it paid before permitting the TOR, as a TOR is not possible if there's any outstanding balance >$50...or is it any balance at all? IE it can be owed, but not outstanding??). Depending on billing cycle HUPs can appear on the next bill (which is sometimes like 50 days later LOL).

TWO THINGS: Legally, and Procedurally, Rogers screwed up, no doubt about it. The agent who did the tor messed up LOLz. On that premise you are correct, and can fight it (but at what cost?).

HOWEVER, on the other hand, since it's your son. Just pay it already. Geez. Unless you like having 'late payments' show up on your credit profile.

With that in mind: I don't understand what the big deal is? Your son did a HUP. He never paid for it. Now it's due. Why won't he pay for it? Why are you making such a big deal about it?

I hope this doesn't turn into "I was inconvenienced and want compensation" thread. If your son did a HUP and never paid for it, and now it's due...why is your son not ponying up the money-ESPECIALLY with your disclosure that you are in a precarious issue with your Credit Profile?? In all fairness, if anybody needs to proactively resolve this, it's your son.

DH...I swear, I've been involved in at least TWO such TORs where the poor rep simply changed the name and address on the account vice properly TOR it. Oh man....what a joke.
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review
    Maybe it's time to update this....nahhhhh

Device(s)
    Iphone6
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Telus
    Feedback Score
    I agree with, and did pay the bill. I don't need compensation for inconvenience. My point was one of principle. How can I be responsible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2