Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nokia 6700 Classic Debranding (Product Code Changing)? No success...

Feedback Score

Finally did it!

I finally managed to flash my firmware to a different product code. I just checked on NAVIFIRM, and I found my product code listed. But actually, now that I went through the process, I don't think I needed the firmware for my product code to succeed.

Here's what I did:
    - Downloaded the desired firmware from NAVIFIRM, then I copied the downloaded firmware files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-470.
    - Opened up Phoenix (in Administrator mode, not sure if this is required)
    - File->Scan Product
    - Flashing->Firmware Update
    - Pressed the "..." button, unchecked "Detect Product Code Automatically", selected the firmware I just downloaded. Before, this list was empty, but after copying the files and starting Phoenix, it was now listed.
    - Then I pressed "Refurbish", and voila, a few minutes later my phone was flashed.

A little warning though, you should backup your phone before you do this because you will lose all your contacts.

Feedback Score
    Hello im trying to connect to phoenix with micro usb but it wont accept, do you need special cable?
    i tried all different settings.

Quote Originally Posted by mas2112 View Post
    I finally managed to flash my firmware to a different product code. I just checked on NAVIFIRM, and I found my product code listed. But actually, now that I went through the process, I don't think I needed the firmware for my product code to succeed.

Here's what I did:
    - Downloaded the desired firmware from NAVIFIRM, then I copied the downloaded firmware files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-470.
    - Opened up Phoenix (in Administrator mode, not sure if this is required)
    - File->Scan Product
    - Flashing->Firmware Update
    - Pressed the "..." button, unchecked "Detect Product Code Automatically", selected the firmware I just downloaded. Before, this list was empty, but after copying the files and starting Phoenix, it was now listed.
    - Then I pressed "Refurbish", and voila, a few minutes later my phone was flashed.

A little warning though, you should backup your phone before you do this because you will lose all your contacts.

Feedback Score

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by erpan View Post
    Hello im trying to connect to phoenix with micro usb but it wont accept, do you need special cable?
    i tried all different settings.
    there i need same answer is special usb needed or just genuine micro usb ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2