Thread: Most Reliable Wireless Network Just Got Better For Customers In Greater Lansing, MI

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Most Reliable Wireless Network Just Got Better For Customers In Greater Lansing, MI

http://news.vzw.com/news/2010/03/pr2010-03-29.html

03/29/2010

LANSING, MI — Verizon Wireless today announced it has completed the integration of its network with that of Alltel across the greater Lansing area, including Clinton, Eaton, Ingham and Ionia counties, to provide customers with clearer reception, fewer dropped calls and more coverage, including stronger in-building coverage.

Verizon Wireless’ voice and high-speed 3G data network combined with that of Alltel creates the largest wireless network footprint in the United States. The integration enables more customers to use their wireless phones concurrently to make calls; send and receive e-mail and text, picture and video messages; access the Internet; view high-quality videos; and download music, games and ringtones.

“The addition of Alltel’s network to the Verizon Wireless network provides our customers with unmatched coverage across the greater Lansing area,” said Greg Haller, president – Michigan/Indiana/Kentucky Region, Verizon Wireless. “Our high-speed 3G broadband wireless network is the largest and most reliable in the United States, and network reliability is the No. 1 reason customers choose and stay with Verizon Wireless. We are committed to continuing to perfect our network so that our customers in Michigan know they can depend on us every time they use their wireless devices.”

Verizon Wireless has been preparing to integrate Alltel’s network since completing its purchase of the company more than a year ago. Alltel’s 3G data network has been upgraded to the latest revision of wireless broadband technology to enable faster delivery of data services, including e-mail and browsing the Internet.

Verizon Wireless has invested more than $55 billion since it was formed – $5.5 billion on average every year – to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services. Since the company was formed in 2000, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $1.4 billion on improvements to its wireless network in Michigan.

About Verizon Wireless in Michigan
    In Michigan, Verizon Wireless has more than 2,100 employees and 70 company-owned retail locations in more than 40 cities, including Allen Park, Alpena, Alpine Twp., Ann Arbor, Auburn Hills, Battle Creek, Bay City, Brighton, Burton, Canton, Clinton Twp., Dearborn, Detroit, East Lansing, Escanaba, Farmington Hills, Fenton, Flint, Fort Gaylord, Gratiot, Grand Rapids, Grandville, Highland Park, Holland, Houghton, Iron Mountain, Jackson, Kentwood, Lake Orion, Lansing, Livonia, Marquette, Midland, Monroe, Muskegon, Northville, Novi, Okemos, Petoskey, Pontiac, Portage, Rochester Hills, Royal Oak, Saginaw, St. Clair Shores, St. Joseph, Southfield, Taylor, Traverse City, Troy, Utica, Warren and Westland.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Alltel Plan)
    Feedback Score
    Any anticipated dates for Northern MI? Traverse City, Charlavoix..... (Not the Big Rapids area where Verizon is selling their customer base to ATT) The assimilation needs to occur soon up there. Service coverage has really become spotty for those of us with an Alltel PRL.

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Spotty in northern Michigan -- I'm sorry but that is an understatement. What was decent roaming in Antrim Co early last year is horrible today!

As of yesterday, VZW still has SID244 running.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Alltel Plan)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The WB
    Spotty in northern Michigan -- I'm sorry but that is an understatement. What was decent roaming in Antrim Co early last year is horrible today!

As of yesterday, VZW still has SID244 running.
    I would try loading an older PRL or NAM21 and see what happens. But yes service up north has really gone in the tank

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by budone
    I would try loading an older PRL or NAM21 and see what happens. But yes service up north has really gone in the tank
    Sid 244 is one of the holder over markets that will eventually be going to Verizon. I think until the FCC rules on the hold over markets, service is not going to get any better.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Alltel Plan)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tim33
    Sid 244 is one of the holder over markets that will eventually be going to Verizon. I think until the FCC rules on the hold over markets, service is not going to get any better.
    Why cant TC and NE of there get on SID 21. I understand the issue in upper mid MI.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Our sid for Verizon up here is 1751 not the 21 like down state. I wonder if that will change when the holdover is integrated?

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    It is a mess up north. Since the Fall of 2008, service in Antrim Co. has progressively gone down hill and there appears to be no end in sight.

BTW, while driving around Bellaire on Saturday, several switching stations have changed nameplates to VZW and Verizon opened a new store away from downtown.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Motorola e815: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.0176/1150; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

When I was first converted to Verizon, I had very similar issues with service going down hill. Took them 3 months to get everything straightened out here but it still isn't perfect. In some regards I have better service than when I was with Alltel but in other regards it is worst. I really can't complain though as long as Verizon lets me keep my Alltel plan though.
    Remember kids... Bribery is illegal but lobbying is not

Mick662: "Someday, you will meet people on the internet who are so dumb, you will find it hard to comprehend. They probably got beat up a lot at school for being this dumb. And they deserved it".

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Alltel SID

Still on SID 1348 Alltel

1348 Alltel Communications, LLC (CMA480-Michigan 9 - Cass) National Assignment US 800

source ifast.org
    Squires
    FCC Radio Operator, KK1G
    NARTE Telecommunications Technician, (NCT)
    Commercial Radiotelephone Operator w/ ship radar (FCC)
    GMDSS Radio Operator / Maintainer (FCC)
    Canadian Radio Operator, VE3UPK