Device(s)
    IC502
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint/Nextel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

What do you think of FIOS?

Great technology and performance but HORRIBLE customer service and continual inaccurate billings. After a problematic year I canceled and went back to Comcast. Couldn't be happier with the performance and lower monthly cost.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Absolutely agree with you. Service is the worst ever. But technology is really good and I hope soon creators can fix problems with service.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah, everyone I've talked to with FiOS complain about their customer service and support. They've also complained about the price increasing after their promotion, but I'm guessing it's similar to Comcast in which you can call back and lock in a better price.

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever be able to get FiOS as I've heard that they're not building out their network anymore, but rather finishing the markets that they started and not going to any new ones.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ (me), Galaxy S9+ (wife), Nexus 7 Tablet
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Absolutely no concerns here. FiOS has been great, fast, reliable and worlds better than Cablevision here in the northern suburbs of NY.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well, Verizon and I are about to part ways after 8 years with phone/DSL and 2 years with all FIOS services and wireless (my bill is $260.00/a month with all discounts applied). Up until two weeks ago, I was able to use my earthlink email account that I have had since 96 without any issues. I used smtpauth port 587 to send these emails. Now, Verizon has made the decision to block port 587 and refuses to unblock it for any Verizon customer. Their solution to my problem is to drop all other email accounts and use Verizon exclusively.

Not gonna happen in this household. So, I am going with Cox.

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch (VX11000)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

The Verizon e-mails I'VE received, indicated that Port 25 was being blocked, and advised me to reassign my Outlook SMTP TO Port 587. Since then, my outgoing mail has proceeded on its journey(s), without incident:

Quote Originally Posted by Verizon FiOS

. . . If you use a non-Verizon account such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo or AOL to send your emails through a program like Outlook®, Thunderbird or MacMail, you will need to make a simple change to your 'Server Port Number' setting in your email account - change the 'Server Port 25' setting to 'Server Port 587' setting. . . .

Is Verizon telling you something different?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yep, they have said that my smtpauth.earthlink.net port 587 is being blocked by earthlink, therefore they have no responsibility to fix my problem. I then stated that I was able to use my outgoing earthlink email on my iPad using my 3G connection.

Silence ........ was not golden in this case.

Other than this major problem, I have been satisfied with Verizon DSL and FIOS. This issue I am having is a deal breaker after 10 years of being a customer with little technical complaints and few billing complaints, they no longer deserve my business. They don't care.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Yeah, everyone I've talked to with FiOS complain about their customer service and support. They've also complained about the price increasing after their promotion, but I'm guessing it's similar to Comcast in which you can call back and lock in a better price.

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever be able to get FiOS as I've heard that they're not building out their network anymore, but rather finishing the markets that they started and not going to any new ones.
    I've had FIOS for 5 years now, and slowly all of my neighbors who have switched from Comcast to FIOS are very happy with their service..... Customer service is great, and never had a billing issue yet...

Now, as to raising the price, they are correct. Once your promotional package expires, customers are switched to the rate plan that corresponds to the features that they have. However, like me, if you call in once you receive the letter notifying you of the change, you can get a much better deal...... I recently switched to the 25/25 triple play package, but wasn't happy with the internet speed, so when I called into FIOS customer care to find out why, the Rep. moved me to the 35/35 triple play bundle, with a $30 discount each month, and added the Movie package for free. Not a bad deal for $109.99...... I guess, like everything else, you just need to be proactive, to get what you need/want, at a price that is right for you.

My new FIOS speed, as tested this morning:

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    FiOS pwns.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by iFLAUNT 3G(S) View Post
    FiOS pwns.
    What?????

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think FIOS is great, but water is better. If Verizon hadn't of cut the water main to my neighborhood, 108 houses would have water right now. I hate not being able to shower or wash my hands!
    My Plan:
    Simple Choice Unlimited Talk + Text + Web
    Line 1: Unlimited 4G Data + 500 MB HotSpot
    Line 2: 2.5 GB 4G data/HotSpot

ALIQVA LOCVTIO DEMENS LATINA IN TRANSVERSVM SCRIPTA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2