Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lookin at a Lexus LS430 or LS600 anyone own either?

Device(s)
    Current: Fujitsu F-01A (Blue), NEC N-01B (Tiara White), SH906i (White)
    Carrier(s)
    NTT DoCoMo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lejudicieux
    Design is subjective, get over yourself. Since when did hating American cars become fashionable? (For once I agree with Baldilocks, FTW.)

The Cadillac STS-V, Lincoln MKS, Buick LaCrosse, and the Chrysler 300C SRT-8 are all amazing pieces of machinery that are attractive in their own right.
    But they IMHO do not use feature anything that is ground breaking. plus there value drops so fast. I just am not an american car style person.

Device(s)
    Current: Fujitsu F-01A (Blue), NEC N-01B (Tiara White), SH906i (White)
    Carrier(s)
    NTT DoCoMo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan23
    Isn't your mom part-owner of Park Place Ltd? I'd imagine the son of a luxury/exotic car dealer will have a little bias toward American cars The Taurus SHO is pretty cool, but I wouldn't consider it competitive with a Lexus or BMW.

I agree with the others that say the 2 Lexii (plural for Lexus ) are marketed toward older people. Going from an M3 to a boat is quite a change. I'd look at the M5 if I were you. Sporty and bigish.
    She is and she just says don't be an idiot and get ripped off when it comes to pricing. She has a friend that manages one of the auto salons in Honolulu so she wants to make sure i get a good deal.

Ok I know i will get hated for this but I absolutely hate the 5 series. it is so "mediocre" in terms of looks and size. I love 7 series they to me are amazing (though far to expensive right now out the gate I cant afford 130k and I would want a long wheel base 7 series even more $$$)

I wanted to make the move to a Japanese VIP just for the sheer tuning and fun it is with driving one. I am done being speed demon racer, but I still want to have that high horsepower option for when I need get up and go power. I also am getting married soon (I think) and want get a more potential kid friendly and family sized car. Another car I was thinking was the Infiniti M. I have recommended it to others and have been a fan but I am curious how it would compare to either a GS or LS lexus on the road.

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    I'd stay away from lexus. You're too young. I know euro cost a lot to maintain, but its either that or jap. I bet you could get the 7 series under 130k though.

I'll never buy another american auto.
    -------------------------------------------
    Free Cryptocurrency trading!
    https://www.binance.com/?ref=12860082
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam

Device(s)
    2 cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How about a 2010 Jaguar XF XFR, That's one sweet ride!
    MY FEEDBACKS

"To know the true reality of yourself, you must be aware not only of your conscious thoughts, but also of your unconscious prejudices, bias and habits."

http://crocket.myminicity.com/

Device(s)
    ▫» Apple iPhone 4 «▫
    Carrier(s)
    °º○ AT&T ○º°
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crocket
    How about a 2010 Jaguar XF XFR, That's one sweet ride!
    Agreed. One was parked next to me at the grocery store yesterday in silver. Very sharp looking.

Telephonically NEVER satisfied.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, GS8, Nokia 6230i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Xfinity Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Isriam
    I'll never buy another american auto.
    There is no such thing as an American car anymore... especially ford and GM sourcing from other portions of their worldwide affiliates/partners/subsidiaries.

Many "foreign" cars are in fact made here as well, BMW, Honda, Subaru to name a few. Yes the NUMMI plant recently closed, but it made cars for both American and Japanese marques. you're saying you'd steer clear of the Pontiac version of the Toyota Matrix just because of the logo on the hood?

A more specific example is Ford increasingly bringing its European-market cars to NA to achieve their "One Ford" policy, read this -> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123724332577548061.html a blanket rule of 'I'll never buy American' is both uninformed and ridiculous.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, thank a Veteran.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hillstrubl
    A blanket rule of 'I'll never buy American' is both uninformed and ridiculous.
    Word.

twentyfivecharacters

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    lol, you're telling me that ford design and engineering is based in japan, or that nissan/toyota design and engineering is based in america?

buying foreign is more than "where its made". it encompasses a lot more than just who puts the fender on. it also includes design, engineering, materials, safety. i've owned a ford for 10 years, and the quality and safety of my nissan blows it away.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nissan regularly makes mistakes.. and unless you've totaled your Nissan's and Ford's about 50 times I can't see how you can make a good assessment on which is safer outside of what the NHTSA and IIHS say. The first year of the newly redesigned Nissan Altima (2002) was a nightmare, I recall someone I knew "Upgrading" from a Hyundai Elantra and that thing was in the shop for 2 weeks at a time. I also test drove a 2004 Sentra and I was so highly disappointed, it was cramped and road terribly. The engine was coarse and had absolutely no puff at all, the transmission shifted harshly and the steering was numb. The Nissan Versa is also very unreliable. Don't even get me started on the Nissan Armada. The Nissan Rogue also had an issue with the CVT making a rattling noise.. the Murano also had issues with the CVT. The CVT in general has been a darkspot for Nissan. That and they just had a recall for the brake pedals..
    Bye!

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    oh i know you're going to disagree with me. but i've owned 3 fords in the past 10 years. i'll never own another again, even though the 2009/2010 have done major remodels with saftey and technology.

my f150 scared me to death how that thing hopped all over the road.

Device(s)
    W595, XPERIA Arc
    Carrier(s)
    STC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hillstrubl
    There is no such thing as an American car anymore... especially ford and GM sourcing from other portions of their worldwide affiliates/partners/subsidiaries.

Many "foreign" cars are in fact made here as well, BMW, Honda, Subaru to name a few. Yes the NUMMI plant recently closed, but it made cars for both American and Japanese marques. you're saying you'd steer clear of the Pontiac version of the Toyota Matrix just because of the logo on the hood?

A more specific example is Ford increasingly bringing its European-market cars to NA to achieve their "One Ford" policy, read this -> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123724332577548061.html a blanket rule of 'I'll never buy American' is both uninformed and ridiculous.
    Speaking of Ford, the European Focus beats the American Focus in every aspect. I love the hatchback one and I wanted one so bad but I couldn't afford it. The European Focus is either made in Germany or Spain.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had few Ford Taurus' (2 sedans and 1 wagon), a Ford EDGE and distantly related FoMoCo (Volvo/Mazda) models.. Ford is probably at the top of the Domestic game right now. Not one model Nissan has is a standout and others best them in many ways.
    Last edited by ChristopherMcG; 04-14-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CELL-P
    Speaking of Ford, the European Focus beats the American Focus in every aspect. I love the hatchback one and I wanted one so bad but I couldn't afford it. The European Focus is either made in Germany or Spain.
    It's not sold here for a plethora of reasons, mainly the base price being roughly $40,000. Who would buy it? A base Camaro SS starts at $30,000.

So yes, the $40,000 European Ford Focus RS is probably overall better quality than the $15,000 American model.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iFone3G
    I've had few Ford Taurus' (2 sedans and 1 wagon), a Ford EDGE and distantly related FoMoCo (Volvo/Mazda) models.. Ford is probably at the top of the Domestic game right now. Not one model they have is a standout and others best them in many ways.
    I think that if Ford nixed Mecury and allowed Lincoln to individualize themselves rather than being sheetmetal covered clones, they would be on good track.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it was sold here it wouldn't be $40K, you can't just convert the cost of the car over there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast