Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lookin at a Lexus LS430 or LS600 anyone own either?

Device(s)
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Isriam
    lol, you're telling me that ford design and engineering is based in japan, or that nissan/toyota design and engineering is based in america?

buying foreign is more than "where its made". it encompasses a lot more than just who puts the fender on. it also includes design, engineering, materials, safety. i've owned a ford for 10 years, and the quality and safety of my nissan blows it away.
    Nissan engineered most of the Titan in Canton, Mississippi. It is as 'American' as they come.
    Seems like it is cool to have these in your sig?

Device(s)
    W595, XPERIA Arc
    Carrier(s)
    STC
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by lejudicieux
    It's not sold here for a plethora of reasons, mainly the base price being roughly $40,000. Who would buy it? A base Camaro SS starts at $30,000.

So yes, the $40,000 European Ford Focus RS is probably overall better quality than the $15,000 American model.
    I was talking about the 4 door 2.0L hatchback Focus specifically. It is not like it is expensive (16800 converted to USD), but yeah, I still couldn't afford it. And even if I had $40K, the Focus RS would be the last thing I would think about even though it is fast and even though I am a die-hard Ford fan. I would add extra $6K and buy a Shelby Mustang if I had $40K. It is my dream car.

And the price for the Camaro V6 is around $37K (and $47K for the SS) where I live. Even their crappy Australian cars are not cheap nowadays. Not good for GM. People would always buy more Mustangs than Camaroes either way. Ford is probably the only manufacturer that has prices that are very close to the US prices. One of the many reasons that make me respect Ford more than any manufacturer. I bought a Hyundai because I couldn't afford any Ford, not because I wanted to. But I am sure my future cars will always be Fords.
    Last edited by CELL-P; 04-14-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hillstrubl
    a blanket rule of 'I'll never buy American' is both uninformed and ridiculous.
    actually i'll have to disagree. they're starting to come out with nice cars for the price and i get to rent a lot since i travel so often. i make it a point not to take domestic brands anymore as for the same price and class, i can get a Korean or Japanese model that not only looks better inside and out, it rides better and is more comfortable. Ford may be turning around and same with GM but these cars are too new to see their long term reliability for some. I'd rather stick with what I know works from experience.

Both the Altima and M45 I got I never bothered to test drive other cars since 1) nothing within the price really stood out 2) the competitors had terrible reliability and 3) both past experience and what I read on them suggested very few issues for users.

As for age and brand, it has nothing to do with it. The kid wants an LS then let him. I'm 25 and actually like the LS460 with what it has to offer. I'd also have something sporty for weekends but the LS is one of the best highway cruisers out there.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, GS8, Nokia 6230i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Xfinity Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard8873
    actually i'll have to disagree.
    what you just said makes ZERO logical sense. You're saying that because certain countries are starting to make good cars for the price you follow a blanket rule of "no american"? 1 has nothing to do with the other. Now if other countries are making quality cars for the price, it just means you as a consumer have more options.

If thats just your preference thats fine (my preference leans more towards European cars to be honest) but i see no point is blindly making any decision, especially something as important as your car.

I'm not stopping the OP from getting a Lexus, but I will continue to think the car is boring, generic and a toyota with leather...
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, thank a Veteran.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    what you just said makes ZERO logical sense. You're saying that because certain countries are starting to make good cars for the price you follow a blanket rule of "no american"? 1 has nothing to do with the other. Now if other countries are making quality cars for the price, it just means you as a consumer have more options.

If thats just your preference thats fine (my preference leans more towards European cars to be honest) but i see no point is blindly making any decision, especially something as important as your car.

I'm not stopping the OP from getting a Lexus, but I will continue to think the car is boring, generic and a toyota with leather...
    we've had domestic branded cars as have family and reliability on just about all of them was terrible. everyone has since moved to Asian and European branded vehicles and couldn't be happier. None of them have even moved back to domestic brands since the change

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you do go for the LS, get the air suspension......you don't need to lower it..........

Device(s)
    Current: Fujitsu F-01A (Blue), NEC N-01B (Tiara White), SH906i (White)
    Carrier(s)
    NTT DoCoMo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I do agree sure some Japanese and even Euro cars might be assembled here but not one bit of technology input from the USA typically goes into those companies development and building of them. They build it here because it is either cheaper to do then assembling in Japan or Germany and Shipping or for many other reason's. I know that the LS is assembled in Japan for a fact. I think I am deciding on a 2006 LS430 or a 2010 GS 450h. Both get good gas mileage are longer sedans and have great room.

I am lookin at suspension and wheels as my first upgrades immediatly

As far as an LS430 I am looking at making it look similar (but no at all a copy) of this one

For the GS450h Something similar to this one.

Device(s)
    Current: White I9100
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Not that great looking. The rear ruins it. But to each their own.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    NTT DoCoMo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Granted it is very very different then typical Eurotuned cars it is a style that is very big in Japan and is getting larger back in Hawai'i I dont plan on doing the canted look like some. I am gonna look at maybe 19x12.5 in the rear and 19x10 in the front.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, GS8, Nokia 6230i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Xfinity Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrsn1
    Nissan engineered most of the Titan in Canton, Mississippi. It is as 'American' as they come.
    my point exactly

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    NTT DoCoMo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    my point exactly
    Thank god I am not looking at a Titan but a M56x or a Q45

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid
    Any chance you might consider something other than Japanese?

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/models/a8.html
    I agree.

Love the A8L W12

Or RS8 / S8

It has your name all over it.

Awesome car!
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    NTT DoCoMo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    the W12 is amazing but it is hard to find one in Hawai'i I looked a few years ago when I got my M3.

I have decided to purchase either the Nissan Cima F50 (infiniti Q45) or the GS450H.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Good luck on the hunt. Might be hard to find a decent Q45 as they stopped selling them in the states 4 years ago. 06+ M45 will be easier to find and has more room inside and a much nicer looking interior

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    NTT DoCoMo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ok long debate with the soon to be Misses... GS450h. must be brand new she stated (warranty and just peace of mind on her part)

It is a good car so I hear for VIP packages and is a big sedan which I love.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast