Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Revol Wireless 2010

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Please, anyone know where i can find revol prls to download. Tried googling but they seem not to be as easy to find as cricket prls. Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    HTcC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Revol
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Current Revol User

I am a current Revol Subscriber (is this AA?). I started with a Motorola Razr V3S. A friend got a Motorola Droid and sold me his Sprint HTC Touch Diamond. I had it flashed at the local store where they told me I would have to get the internet and texting working myself. Phone works great and I got the internet and texting working with the help of this forum (thanks Houndx).Still not able to send pictures but working on it. I have had no reception problems in the Columbus, Ohio area. In San Jose, California the reception is OK but drops out at odd times. If I stood on the balcony of my hotel I could make calls. There is no Revol data service in San Jose. There is no Revol service in Canada at all. When I travel my wife and I talk 30 minutes in the morning and an hour at night. About 600 minutes a week or 2400 minutes a month. I would be paying a lot more on any other plan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

noob Flash question

What exactly does the flashing process give you the ability to do? I have been reading a lot about this but still don't completely understand. If I pay Revol to flash my Motorola Evoke Qa4, then I can connect to the EvoD network which is faster?

But in doing so, may not be able to txt or use the internet. I have also read a good bit about setting this up afterward. So I am aware of the risks.

Here is my problem. My friends come over with their T-Mobile HTC HD2 phones, and I can connect my pc to their Wi-Fi and use their phone as my internet connection. After researching the Motorola Evoke I saw this phone was capable of tethering, so you could use it as an internet connection. Learned after purchasing the phone that this was via USB and it is very slow.

So, can I do this flash and connect to the other network (if that is what the flashing does) and then my connection to the pc would be faster? Or is it a worthless attempt because the USB can't get any faster?

Sorry in advance for so many questions. And now after looking back I may not have asked in the right forum.

mclemore

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    mclemore,
    Flashing a cell phone allows you to use it on a cellular network different than the one it was configured for. All the people that flashed their phones on this forum did it so they would be able to use their phones with Revol's network. Seeing as how you already have a Revol phone, flashing is completely unnecessary for you and would give you nothing you don't already have. If I understand your question correctly, I think you may be thinking about flashing your Revol phone to work on another network. Although it is possible, it is very difficult and it is rarely done, even by the people on this forum with a lot of flashing know-how. But the thing is, your friends have T-Mobile. T-Mobile is a GSM carrier and not a CDMA carrier like Revol and Verizon. This means only phones that use SIM cards would work with their network - not the Motorola Evoke QA4. Hopefully this answered your question. Post again if you have any more questions as I would be glad to answer.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Verizon eNV3 VX 9200

Gang,

I just got this Verizon eNV3 VX 9200 flashed yesterday and out of the gate web & MMS were not working. I was able to use BitPim & HexEdit to modify the phone to the point where I could get web working. However, I can't seem to get the MMS working, and of course Revol refuses to give you any information on the proper URL's or UserAgent information... Any ideas for this particular phone? I've spent some long hard hours scouring the net, and found no info regarding the vx9200 & Revol combined...

Thanks,
    mrjlturner

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Getting MMS to work on Motorola q9c flashed to Revol

Hello all. I have Revol service on an Alltel Motorola q9c that I had flashed here in Cleveland. Everything worked accept for MMS. To get MMS to work on this phone, I had to do the following: Go to messaging. Highlight MMS. Click on Menu. Click on Settings. Click on MMSC Settings. At that point I only saw "Alltel MMS". Click on "Menu". Click on "Add" and call it "Revol MMS". When you click on it, fill in the following information:

Profile Name: Revol MMS
    MMSC: http://mms.revol.us/revol/mms.php
    Data Connections: The Internet
    Gateway: None
    Encoding: Binary

It took me awhile to figure that out, but it works like a charm. Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Flashed Voyager....

Hello all, I have a voyager set up for Revol and by following a Cricket tutorial and using Revol settings I have managed to get the web browser working well. I can also receive mms messages, but I can not send them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Alltel HTC Touch Pro on Revol

I just had an old HTC Touch Pro from Alltel flashed to revol, since verizon refuses to activate these phones unless you were a former alltel customer, and even then it's doubtful. I was able to get web working with the instructiuons here, but one thing I notice all the time is that the connection type is allways 1xRTT, it never goes to EV-DO.. Is there something I need to add to get EV-DO working? I suspect this will also cut down my talk time, being on an older network..

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm having an issue with my phone.. Ive been into the store 4 times and I'm tired of going in there. I was issued a temp number, 987-**** until they switched to my old number, 292-****. Well, whenever i call someone my temp number, 987-**** comes on CID. But in order to call me you have to call the new number, 292-****. The phone dials out and recieves calls. I've already went through the programming steps (*228) and that was successful, I've shut the phone off turned it back on, and even taken the battery out of the phone. Not sure what else to do. DONT WANNA GO IN THE STORE!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    *Unlimited PrePaid Services
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cmgbsn View Post
    I'm having an issue with my phone.. Ive been into the store 4 times and I'm tired of going in there. I was issued a temp number, 987-**** until they switched to my old number, 292-****. Well, whenever i call someone my temp number, 987-**** comes on CID. But in order to call me you have to call the new number, 292-****. The phone dials out and recieves calls. I've already went through the programming steps (*228) and that was successful, I've shut the phone off turned it back on, and even taken the battery out of the phone. Not sure what else to do. DONT WANNA GO IN THE STORE!
    Manually program your phone, min is 987 and mdn is your 292
    Please before you pm me find your way to the search button found here or google.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hello,

MMSC Server Name: http://mms.revol.us/

MMSC Server Post URL:/revol/mms.php

This is what made mms sending work on my Voyager, just figured it out last week
    Last edited by bluedogmike; 02-16-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    How to get web and mms to work on revol.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...Revol-wireless

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i can put your androids (even though they not on houdini or revols flashable phonelist)on revol database problem is i need to c your phone unless u are in indianapolis i cant help u ,yes it's true esn need to be provisioned in the system through houdini

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Couple questions...

Has anyone been able to provision the new verizon iPhone and/or the evo shift/3d onto revol? Talk/text is fine with me (around wifi 80% of the day)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Frenize i can provision your iphone 4 and evo shift to revol but i'm in indianapolis though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast