Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID 2 Pre-Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Motorola DROID 2 Pre-Release Thread

Figured it needed its own thread so we could possibly get more info on it.

So far not much is certain...

This is the only thing to go on....and Bill has said it was a very old render and has changed...

Quote Originally Posted by Winston25
    I saw someone write that Droid2 had LTE, it doesn't. As for the release date, you should be able to rock one for a couple of weeks before taking pictures of kids costumes. (until that date changes of course)

Quote Originally Posted by bill23
    i guess thats good for me then cause ill be taking pictures of lots of fireworks displays very soon with the droid2 since it just passed safer network.

correct shadow=4.1
    droid 2 = undisclosed

Quote Originally Posted by pmagent2013
    any info on the o.s for droid 2
    will it be 2.1 or froyo
    none that i can mention. all ican say is it doesnt look anything like the pics on the float...and this is off topic. back on shadow before the mods hand out bans im sure.

far as droid2 we need another thread started on it,its off topic to much here.but ill say its coming soon. looks like shadow and then droid2 arenear the same release time frame.
    Last edited by egut125; 04-15-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    My suggestion if you can or a Mod can is rename the title of the thread as Pre-Release Droid 2

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd
    My suggestion if you can or a Mod can is rename the title of the thread as Pre-Release Droid 2

yeah that would be nice I didn't think of that. I don't think I'm able to change the thread names, if a mod wants to thatd be appreciated

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Bonic XT875
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It would be nice if the Droid 2 was more curvier instead of the square the Droid is. It feels weird next to my ear to have the straight edges. I'm used to all my phones being curved up there.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I suppose the thread name should be changed. Not too early for thousands of posts about the phone before its alleged fall release.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Bill!

Since my NE2 early upgrade is in August, I guess I can wait impatiently and read in this thread for more news.

Feedback Score
    here is a few facts on droid2. it is slightly more rounded edges,the open chin on the current droid vs the droid2 is the same,but the face of the droid2 chin is equal lentgh.this means the exposed chin on the current droid is open vs the droid2 chin is now part of the face slider.
    also the 4 soft keys are moved around just a tad.same location but the menu button isnt the 4 dash's. its like the devours 4 squares.
    the 5 way nav is gone and replaced with 4 arrows in the keypad. this allowed the keypad to be biggerfor fat fingers like mine.
    the camera is 5mp HD and the phone looks nothing like the pic above. not even close. it looks very close to the current droid just evovled a tad.the power,volume,cam keys are now flusg soft touch and not so obvious like the current droid is.
    i cant speak on the guts yet.too soon.this is all i can say so please dont ask for more specifics yet.

William, that's great. LOL....

Feedback Score
    here is a few facts on droid2. it is slightly more rounded edges,the open chin on the current droid vs the droid2 is the same,but the face of the droid2 chin is equal lentgh.this means the exposed chin on the current droid is open vs the droid2 chin is now part of the face slider.
    also the 4 soft keys are moved around just a tad.same location but the menu button isnt the 4 dash's. its like the devours 4 squares.
    the 5 way nav is gone and replaced with 4 arrows in the keypad. this allowed the keypad to be biggerfor fat fingers like mine.
    the camera is 5mp HD and the phone looks nothing like the pic above. not even close. it looks very close to the current droid just evovled a tad.the power,volume,cam keys are now flusg soft touch and not so obvious like the current droid is.
    i cant speak on the guts yet.too soon.this is all i can say so please dont ask for more specifics yet.

Sounds like bad information to me....

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What's that orangish brown thing sticking out the bottom?
    Can you hear me now?
    BLAH.....

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like an improvement, I just hope the keyboard is better.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Awesome thanks Bill!

I don't know how I feel about the soft volume and cam keys...hopefully the new camera is loads better than the current based on stories of the original.

And of course hope the keyboard is generally better than the droids is made out to be.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Bonic XT875
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Another thing that MIGHT be nice is if they turn around the microUSB port. I had the hardest time plugging a cable into the Droid because I am used to how it was on the v9m, krave, and rival. The Droid one is upside down.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for the info Bill. Everything sounds good. Hopefully we'll get a sneak peak from somewhere.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9 Nap
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. Is the keyboard any better than the current droid? How is the slide mechanism?

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, Bill. An improved keyboard can only help.

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast