Thread: Is 6.5 update worth it on the Verizon TP2?, Any 4.3 inch phones coming to VZ?

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2 VZ
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Is 6.5 update worth it on the Verizon TP2?, Any 4.3 inch phones coming to VZ?

Is 6.5 update worth it on the Verizon TP2?

I got a email from vz that there was an update released for the touch pro 2 to win mobile 6.5 a while ago and I procrastinated.

My questions are will I loose any of the original programs that were included in the original launch Touch Pro 2 when I install the 6.5 firmware?

2nd question is there any big bugs with the 6.5 firmware or have they been resolved? I've seen someone else looking for the old 6.1 firmware so they can flash back because they were having some issues with 6.5 .

Man I wish they would release the HD2 in Verizon or something similar with that huge 4.3 inch screen, it would really bring some life back to the windows mobile community. I heard they got a Android version too.

Device(s)
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ellover009
    Is 6.5 update worth it on the Verizon TP2?

I got a email from vz that there was an update released for the touch pro 2 to win mobile 6.5 a while ago and I procrastinated.

My questions are will I loose any of the original programs that were included in the original launch Touch Pro 2 when I install the 6.5 firmware?

2nd question is there any big bugs with the 6.5 firmware or have they been resolved? I've seen someone else looking for the old 6.1 firmware so they can flash back because they were having some issues with 6.5 .

Man I wish they would release the HD2 in Verizon or something similar with that huge 4.3 inch screen, it would really bring some life back to the windows mobile community. I heard they got a Android version too.

1) I think it's worth it. I like it better.

2) You will not lose any original 6.1 programs.

3) I haven't seen any "bugs". All seems to work well for me.

-Frank

Feedback Score
    I wish I had not done it.
    There is almost zero to be gained. And I picked up some compatibility issues with a couple of programs.
    I still have a couple of odd things that I never had happen with 6.1.
    But it isn't enough of an issue for me to hard reset and go back to 6.1.
    If you want a few more features in Sensui, go for it. If you are like me and care less about Sensui, don't bother. They took away the standard keyboard and the 6.5 start menu (or lack of one) sucks IMHO.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Not worth it to me, really killed my battery life from about 18-20 hours down to 8-10 hours (even after turning off the weather updates and location information). 6.1 is just so stable and smooth for me I am not going to worry about 6.5 again.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Your best option is to try it and see for yourself. Reverting back to 6.1 is very easy. I have done it myself several times. That said after trying at least a dozen or so 6.5 ROMs I am back on 6.1. for the speed mainly, plus I have certain apps that I use that I had to give up as 6.5 wasn't compatible with them. Some of the custom ROMS out there are fantastic, thats why you should try some and make up your own mind.

Device(s)
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Haven't heard anything definite yet about a 4.3" screen on Verizon, but it is likely to happen sooner or later, now that T-Mobile has the HD2 and Sprint is getting one. The Motorola Shadow, sometimes called the Nexus 2, is supposed to have a 4.3" screen.
    Thanks, robrecht