Thread: Revealing Your UDID

Feedback Score

Revealing Your UDID

I'm trying to figure it out if there is a cheaper way to try out the BETA Iphone OS 4.0 firmware before dishing out a hundred dollars to get a developer account.

After doing some research there does seem to be some legitimate sites that are willing to get you a UDID. Even if it's just a scam, it is a six dollars I'm willing to take a risk on.

However, it does ask for my iPhone UDID. Is there any risk in revealing your UDID. What is it, and what information does it give anyone who has access to it?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kawg
    I'm trying to figure it out if there is a cheaper way to try out the BETA Iphone OS 4.0 firmware before dishing out a hundred dollars to get a developer account.

After doing some research there does seem to be some legitimate sites that are willing to get you a UDID (http://dev.macgeekblog.com/). Even if it's just a scam, it is a six dollars I'm willing to take a risk on.

However, it does ask for my iPhone UDID. Is there any risk in revealing your UDID. What is it, and what information does it give anyone who has access to it?
    There's no way to add you to a developer account without the UDID. That's how Apple tracks and authenticates handsets approved for development.
    As well don't know if this is aloud, but if anyone is willing to add me to their developer account, I'd be happy to compensate you for your time.
    It's against Apple Forum Rules to discuss any such transactions here. You're more than welcome to do so in the B/S/T forum, but not here.

PS: Unless you have a dedicated iPhone for development purposes, I would strongly advise you against installing the beta OS on your every day production iPhone. You can't load the OS without Xcode tools, you can't sync with iTunes, it's not stable, and many apps don't work properly with the new OS. It's not a toy for people to fool around with, it's a tool for developers to update their apps for the new OS.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF
    PS: Unless you have a dedicated iPhone for development purposes, I would strongly advise you against installing the beta OS on your every day production iPhone. You can't load the OS without Xcode tools, you can't sync with iTunes, it's not stable, and many apps don't work properly with the new OS. It's not a toy for people to fool around with, it's a tool for developers to update their apps for the new OS.
    Yes, I have two iPhones, but of course, if If I wanted to revert back to the old OS I would simply preform a restore in itunes... correct?!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Bell (2009 - ...?)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kawg

After doing some research there does seem to be some legitimate sites that are willing to get you a UDID. Even if it's just a scam, it is a six dollars I'm willing to take a risk on.

The easiest way to get your UDID is signing up for the FREE student developer account. It doesn't give you access to the 4.0 SDK/Beta etc., however it's a FREE way to see your UDID.

Then its up to you to either pay $100 for the developer account, or find someone charging for adding your UDID
    PHONEMODO
    I swap phones cause I can!

Isn't Hipstamatic just awesome?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    To "see" your UDID? If you plug your phone into iTunes and click on the serial number it'll switch to your UDID, and you can view it for free there. If that's what you were meaning about viewing it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneModo
    The easiest way to get your UDID is signing up for the FREE student developer account. It doesn't give you access to the 4.0 SDK/Beta etc., however it's a FREE way to see your UDID.

Then its up to you to either pay $100 for the developer account, or find someone charging for adding your UDID