Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bell unlock code problem

Device(s)
    N85
    Feedback Score

Bell unlock code problem

So I paid bell to get the unlock codes for my n97.
    They gave me 3 codes:
    Service Provider lock
    network unlock code
    imei master lock code

So i did the #PW+code thing and it said the network restriction is off but I still can't use my rogers sim card in my bell phone. Do I have to enter the other codes to get it unlocked and if so then how do I enter them?

Or is it just because it's branded to bell in which case I have to debrand it?
    I'm sorry I'm pretty lost.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Was it the #pw+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+7# code?

It should be the Service Provider Lock code that is the one that does the job.
    I personally recommend putting your Rogers sim card in the phone when you try to unlock it.

When you do this, and turn it on, it should say "Phone Restricted" or something along those lines, and give you the option to undo the restriction. When you attempt to undo the restriction, it should ask you to enter the restriction code. It should be the IMEI Master Lock. When you enter the code, it should look like this...

#pw+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+y#

The x's (there is 15 of them) correspond to your IMEI Master lock, and the y is the lock type. There are 7 lock types in a Nokia phone, and in this case, you're trying to unlock number 7.
    For me, it looks like this:

#pw+650079806681315+7#

Make sure everything looks right, then choose okay to confirm it. If you did everything correctly, then your phone should say something like "Restriction off", and will continue to start up. If its wrong, your phone will say something like "Code Error". This means you did something wrong, and you have another 4 tries (if that's the first time you've seen that message) to get it right before the phone "hard locks" its self to Bell. (It should be noted that some Nokia phones only give you three incorrect tries to get the right code, so you may only have two left). If you get the message "Cannot Undo Restriction" or something along those lines, that means that you've "hard locked" the phone to the network. In other words, you have to send it into Bell, to have them send it to Nokia so that Nokia can recalculate your .rpl file. You can replace it yourself, however, this is probably beyond the depth of this forum.

PS: Anyone looking to use my unlock code to unlock their phone is out of luck, as the code is dependent upon the IMEI of the phone. So unless your phone happens to have the same IMEI as my phone, it wont work. But if you really wanna try it, go for it.

Device(s)
    N85
    Feedback Score
    The code i entered was #PW+code+1# and then it said that the network is no longer restricted. I used the Network unlock code for that.

So before I screw up my phone let me make sure I got this right. So what you're saying is that:

1. Enter #pw+imei master lock+7#

If this is the case then what do I do with the Service Provider Lock? Is there another code?

I tried it once and it didn't seem to work but it didn't give me a lockout command either.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedaname
    The code i entered was #PW+code+1# and then it said that the network is no longer restricted. I used the Network unlock code for that.

So before I screw up my phone let me make sure I got this right. So what you're saying is that:

1. Enter #pw+imei master lock+7#

If this is the case then what do I do with the Service Provider Lock? Is there another code?

I tried it once and it didn't seem to work but it didn't give me a lockout command either.
    The "+1#" code is all you should need. Also note that just entering the SIM unlock code won't do anything for data settings. You'll have to enter those manually or have them sent to you from nokia's web site.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ineedaname,

Greetings.

I believe your N97 has been unlocked. Try manually select Rogers... Go the menu, Tools > Settings > Phone > Network > Operator selection > Manual Also, if your N97 has the Network mode menu there, switch to Dual mode.
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom
    The "+1#" code is all you should need. Also note that just entering the SIM unlock code won't do anything for data settings. You'll have to enter those manually or have them sent to you from nokia's web site.
    Actually, no... Bell uses the Multi-lock, which is +7... At least, that's what three different CS reps told me.

Device(s)
    N85
    Feedback Score
    I tried the +7 code but it didn't work

I made sure i didn't type in the code wrong but maybe i typed in the wrong one. the +7 is for the IMEI lock?

Device(s)
    Nokia 2720
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I made sure i didn't type in the code wrong but maybe i typed in the wrong one. the +7 is for the IMEI lock?
    I've been following an unlock web site for a few years and some Rogers phones require 2 unlock codes to fully unlock the phone. I got the impression that you have to give the +7 code first and then the +2 or +3 code. You get network restriction off after each code.

Supposedly, the first code unlocks your phone for use in Canada. When you cross into the US, the phone doesn't work. Must be some code in the ATT and T-Mobile towers.

Service Provider lock <-- I expect +pw.....
    network unlock code <-- I expect +pw...
    imei master lock code <--- I expect an 8-digit number
    and there's another 8-digit number ("PUK2") that the carrier keeps in reserve for use after the master lock fails.

Regards

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Frontierjustice,

And I remember in the old days (DCT-3/4 generation) with Nokia, there are ways to check the status of all 4 locks...

#pw+ 10-digit "Master Code" +1# = PROVIDER Lock status
    #pw+ 10-digit "Master Code" +2# = NETWORK Lock status
    #pw+ 10-digit "Master Code" +3# = COUNTRY Lock status
    #pw+ 10-digit "Master Code" +4# = SIM IMSI Lock status

I have not performed these checking for ages especially to the BB5 generation.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

It should be... The "help desk" guy, the one who the CS reps go to for help, told me that the IMEI lock is the one that should be used, and thats the one that ends with +7. I'd also call back a few times, to double check, cause the first CS rep i got gave me the wrong instructions.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ineedaname,

Can you tell us more...

With a Rogers SIM in your Bell N97, you do not see the Rogers op banner? Can you make any voice call?

Device(s)
    N85
    Feedback Score
    Ok well I just talked to a rep and they told me to use +5 not +7

and now i think my phone is hard locked because i tried the +7 too many times...

Feedback Score
    Ok well I just talked to a rep and they told me to use +5 not +7

and now i think my phone is hard locked because i tried the +7 too many times...
    You have only 3 tries via keypad. But you have another 3 tries via F-Bus cable.

But you will need a box for this. E.g. Cyclone.

Please post (or send me a PM with) all three codes and all instructions you got. I will tell you what to do.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by german gsm team
    You have only 3 tries via keypad. But you have another 3 tries via F-Bus cable.

But you will need a box for this. E.g. Cyclone.

Please post (or send me a PM with) all three codes and all instructions you got. I will tell you what to do.
    Actually no. thats not true. You have 5 tries via keypad, and you have 10 tries via cable. Its the number 7 one, and HC no I is right. It will tell you if its locked or not. It should be the IMEI master lock.

Also, you dont need a box to unlock your phone. I was in the same situation as you were, and i unlocked my phone, via the micro usb data cable.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    First off, you should know by now, that almost every rep you speak to, is on drugs, or has no idea what they're talking about. At least, that's what i find.

Secondly, you'll need to download JAF, and the virtual flashing key. I'm pretty sure listing the names would get me banned, so i'll PM them to you.

Install both key and JAF program. Then open the key, and use the special R&D key, along with regular jaf, and click run. JAF will open up and complain about not being able to find a box. thats okay. Next you'll wanna make sure that NO nokia programs are running. this means no PC suite, no Servicelayer.exe, no NclUSBSrv.exe. Any nokia application that normally runs, shouldnt be running. Also, change JAF over to BB5.

Once you do this, tell JAF to scan your phone, and in the little window it will list out a bunch of information about your phone. Its under Operations, and its a little button at the top called INF, for information. The important part looks like this...

Code:
    LOCK STATUS:

CONFIG KEY: 3026100076705775
    Provider: Unknown provider
    Key Code count: 2, FBUS Code count: 0

Block 1:
    Lock 1: OPEN Lock 2: OPEN 
    Block 2:
    This is what my phone looks like, after using the process i just told you about. The keycode count should read 3 if you've used up all the tries, and the fbus count should read 0.

Then, in JAF, look for the section entitled "Unlock Settings:". There should be 5 radio buttons. The second one down says, "Enter Codes". Choose that one, then click unlock under operations.

The menu should say init usb communication, then ask for a 15 digit lock code. This should be the 15 digit IMEI lock code that you got from Bell. DO NOT ENTER #pw+ or +7# AFTER ENTERING THE IMEI CODE. THIS IS NOT NEEDED. By the way, thats important.

For me, i would enter 650079806681513 into the box. (Its different from the one above, cause i got the digits mixed up.)

Then it should say something like this...
    Code:
    Init usb communication...
    Detecting phone...
    Reading simlock...

LOCK STATUS:

CONFIG KEY: 3026100076705775
    Provider: Unknown provider
    Key Code count: 2, FBUS Code count: 0

Block 1:
    Block 2:

Sending code...
    Error unlocking!
    The differences between mine and yours, is that yours will say that the locks are not open, and list a 5 digit hexadecimal number where mine says open, as well as saying Unlock OK. See, mine didnt work, cause its trying to unlock something thats already unlocked, so naturally it has troubles.

Any more troubles, post back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast