Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3G Down in Downtown Toronto

Device(s)
    w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

3G Down in Downtown Toronto

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the Rogers network in Downtown Toronto (Financial Core)???

The phone keeps jumping between Edge and GSM (no data) and no sign of 3G service.
    Last edited by xstatik; 04-30-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I had this issue all day yesterday at King & Bay area. Kept getting a bunch of Who Called txts, couldn't make calls, and BBM messages took forever to send/receive. As soon as I forced to 2G, all was well. Today seems better but still a bit flakey. In fact, I'm looking at my Bold right now and the 3G signal is fluctuating like crazy. I'm on the North side of the TD Centre tower, facing King St. (BMO building).

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    maintenance - as of yesterday morning. Customers may not be able to access UMTS/HSPA voice and data services in the affected area, but still have access to GSM/GPRS services.

Device(s)
    w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jid
    maintenance - as of yesterday morning. Customers may not be able to access UMTS/HSPA voice and data services in the affected area, but still have access to GSM/GPRS services.
    Thanks for the update. I just got off the phone with Customer Service and they didn't know of any issues..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Canadas reliable network

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    The 3G service has been terrible recently. At home, service has always been pretty decent but recently, it's been taking me at least 3 to 4 attempts before my calls to my gf get through...and when they do, one of us is bound to get a "call failed" message in the middle of a conversation. Rogers, what the heck??

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I would call and definitely let Rogers know about it. It also helps to provide them with as much information as possible about the problem.

While not in the downtown area, I experienced similar 3G problems during peak hours only at home (at work the phone was perfect) every day. The phone worked well during the day and late night but always between 6-8PM, my phone would be useless on 3G (no data and no incoming/outgoing calls worked). My first call to Rogers revealed no 3G outages or problems on their end. Over the course of about 1.5 weeks, I monitored my phone and troubleshooted the problem and advised Rogers of my findings with 2 more calls. After you have called 3 times, the 3rd call gets escalated to their network support area. They ended up sending a tech guy to look into the problem and I received a call about a week after my 3rd call from the guy stating that there were issues with some of the equipment on a couple of cell towers in my area and that they upgraded them. A couple of days before that call, I noticed I was no longer having any issues and haven't had any since (knock on wood).

I think most people think (which included myself) that 3G problems are something that we should just accept and that nothing can be done. Therefore I was pleasantly surprised that they were actually able to fix a local network problem. Rogers will want to know the hours and the approximate location or radius where the problems are occurring.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Apparently my issue (King between Bay & York, and Wellington between Bay & York) is already with the networking team..we'll see if anything happens with that. Things have been very frustrating at home too. It's approx. 11:30pm and it took me 6 attempts before finally getting through to my gf..both of us are using Rogers 3G devices. I don't know what's going on but things have been pretty bad in the last week or two...

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Where is Dirtyjeffer when you need him?

Device(s)
    w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwaiting
    I would call and definitely let Rogers know about it. It also helps to provide them with as much information as possible about the problem.

While not in the downtown area, I experienced similar 3G problems during peak hours only at home (at work the phone was perfect) every day. The phone worked well during the day and late night but always between 6-8PM, my phone would be useless on 3G (no data and no incoming/outgoing calls worked). My first call to Rogers revealed no 3G outages or problems on their end. Over the course of about 1.5 weeks, I monitored my phone and troubleshooted the problem and advised Rogers of my findings with 2 more calls. After you have called 3 times, the 3rd call gets escalated to their network support area. They ended up sending a tech guy to look into the problem and I received a call about a week after my 3rd call from the guy stating that there were issues with some of the equipment on a couple of cell towers in my area and that they upgraded them. A couple of days before that call, I noticed I was no longer having any issues and haven't had any since (knock on wood).

I think most people think (which included myself) that 3G problems are something that we should just accept and that nothing can be done. Therefore I was pleasantly surprised that they were actually able to fix a local network problem. Rogers will want to know the hours and the approximate location or radius where the problems are occurring.
    Is Rogers going to pay me for all the time that I have to waste with them on the phone (their call centre is a pain to deal with) to tell them how to fix their network????
    Shouldn't they have network techs. and testers who do this job for them?

Device(s)
    i-phone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thank God, I thought I was the only one...corner of York and King in the Exchange tower, seat is next to a window, and for over a month, it switches to Edge, drives me nuts. I figured it's a network thing, only place it happens is at work here.
    When I look in the mirror in the morning, I gotta answer to me....

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    ^Let's hope the improvements help. I'm currently looking out my window (at work) at a few Rogers techs installing new antennae on the roof of the BMO building. The panels are fairly large. None are pointing down to the corner of Bay & King (where 3G signal is terrible) so I'm skeptical that those issues will get fixed. However, it could improve things in your direction - York & King. We'll also see if things here at work improve once everything is finished.

They also need some equipment to point down to the courtyard area of the TD Centre (in the middle of all TD Centre towers)..I was out there today and my 3G signal was all over the place before finally settling on EDGE

Device(s)
    iPhone 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I am at Bay & Richmond..Ive been having the same issue

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    EDGE is down (Blackberry 8900). GSM only. Richmond Hill.

Device(s)
    iPhone3GS White 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    hahaha whats funny is that Rogers 3G network is slow, but it is reliable! considering how i was just in London UK, wow talk about POOR performance to the max! not a single day i was there did i have a 3G connection and i was in the heart of london!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast