Thread: Compared to all others, Verizon is saintly

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Compared to all others, Verizon is saintly

I've read that statement multiple times in multiple threads. Would like to know how their subs, employees and opposition feel about that. When looking at all that they do for the subs I can only come up with 2 things, more native voice and data coverage and free hotspot with the Pre. They did catch up to Sprint by giving away ptt but none of that stuff is worthy of praise compared to the rules you have to follow under their dictatorship. Don't let the fact that I have Sprint in my profile stop you all from contributing

Device(s)
    Droid 1Ghz 2.1 BBv1.0
    Carrier(s)
    VZW-Agent
    Feedback Score
    I make good money with VZ more than i would with any other company. Ive seen the goods and the bads. Ive helped people start service and end it. Ive heard from customers how others treat them from diffrent comapanys and fellow verizon reps.

Ive got friends that work at the other Big 2. We compair storys, trainings, and policys. Verizon always comes last in terms of price but Customer service, coverage, salary, smartphone, and work ethics, they agree with me.

But I will say after being an Agent for a short time and a customer for 8+ years, verizon CS has come down quite a bit but when I hear comparisons about others CS I still wonder how bad it really is. compaired to others.

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    nobody else wants to chime in? There's a healthy debate in the quarter report thread that has little to do with the topic which should be here

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    As a subscriber, Verizon Wireless has been mostly good to me. I was able to get a contract phone 5 years ago, despite my credit issues. At that time, I burned bridges to Sprint and my monthly prepaid service on AT&T Wireless had ripped me off for the last time. Alltel really wasnt an potion at that time because the prepaid service didn't work off-network. Tired of the shoddy prepaid run around and high deposits, I tried VZW EasyPay. Simple enough, slightly expensive, but it was straight forward. Prepaid CS was worlds above ATT Blue. No network problems, either. I decided to get VZ postpaid, but I had to pay a $125 deposit. Scrimped uo the money a month later, but the deposit wasn't required... been smooth sailing since.

I had some billing issues, particularly with data. However, the charges were credited back to me once I called in. I am not too fond of the pricing, but the network is what keeps me on big Red. T-mobile sucks at my apartment and at work. AT&T and Sprint are solid here in Florida and ATL, but in my travels, they aren't all that great in the boonies. There isnt any Cricket or Metro in these parts. Sprint MVNOs provide all the unlimited prepaid, but I am not keen on their phones.

I mostly steer folks away from Verizon though because of the cost. I even tried to shoo my best friend away, but she didn't want to try T-Mo, Metro, or AT&T (Sprint screwed her)... she got her sticker shock LOL. VZ nailed her when she didn't completely pay her bill in its entirety... apparently, she was used to Sprint's way of doing things (carrying balances, paying late fees, with no peep from them)... I resent the high costs

Also, I stay with VZ because of the phone support. Phone breaks under warranty, FRU out to me almost immediately without visit to a store. Most of my family is on Metro or Sprint and they go thru too much drama for me.

For me VZW is the least of the devils in terms of service...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Shouldn't this be in the Kudos/Rants forum? This seems like the polar opposite of what the Lounge forum was created for...
    Verizon Wireless - More bars in more places on the now network.

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I debated on what sub this shoulf go in, Rant came up but since this isn't about the carrier decided against it. The General and Lounge sections seemed better so I flipped a coin and here we are. One example of the saintlyness that escapes me is the ETF versus the N1, how it relates has me questioning $350 is a lot more than $200. There are more examples but I will hold off.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubspoon
    I've read that statement multiple times in multiple threads. Would like to know how their subs, employees and opposition feel about that. When looking at all that they do for the subs I can only come up with 2 things, more native voice and data coverage and free hotspot with the Pre. They did catch up to Sprint by giving away ptt but none of that stuff is worthy of praise compared to the rules you have to follow under their dictatorship. Don't let the fact that I have Sprint in my profile stop you all from contributing
    its funny how so many mention "dictatorship" or "locked down" or other terms when describing Verizon but switch to an iphone or use ipods or other such contradictions like "tolerant" but only if you happen to agree with the one stating the need gor tolerance
    I just find it humorous how many gripe about lack of freedom while voluntarily enslaving themselves somewhere else
    far as "saintly" first time Ive ever heard that to describe Verizon is this thread
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    There's a Canadian poster who uses the term referencing vzw a lot, I do agree some are a little hypocritial in commentary on them. I could even call myself that because I support Sprint's Everything fam plans but that's different from what I'm commenting on.