Thread: how do i flash motorola evoke qa4

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score

how do i flash motorola evoke qa4

i'm trying to really get the spc code...but if i can flash it to metro pcs then i guess that a work.....

Device(s)
    Moto Q
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    The real trick there is Metro never sold the QA4, however, this is one of those very rare circumstances where they did make a firmware for it in Engineering as they were going to carry it, but changed there minds. Contact me via PM for your options.

Feedback Score
    Hey DRKCOBRA. You never sent me the address. Call me bro. THX
    Mirzet

Feedback Score
    Can a motorola evoke be flashed to boost?

Device(s)
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    I've read that the QA4 was released with both an Android version as well as a proprietary OS. Is there a way to flash from the non-Android to the Android OS?
    I use cricket & need a numerical keypad, but more than a barebones phone, I got a QA4 for $10, it's unlocked & says "Software Version: Haloc9_01.53.06P" "Hardware Version: SJUG4439CN"

Device(s)
    Moto Q
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LostOnline View Post
    I've read that the QA4 was released with both an Android version as well as a proprietary OS. Is there a way to flash from the non-Android to the Android OS?
    I use cricket & need a numerical keypad, but more than a barebones phone, I got a QA4 for $10, it's unlocked & says "Software Version: Haloc9_01.53.06P" "Hardware Version: SJUG4439CN"
    You were misinformed, There is no such thing as an Android OS for the QA4 or any such firmware. They are all proprietary firmwares regardless of revision or carrier.

Device(s)
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Oh, that's odd, because it was referenced a number of different times by different sites.

http://www.androidacademy.com/3-news...evoke-multi-os

There are other references to it running Linux, I assumed that was just a reference to the Linux-based Android. Does that mean the one it runs is a different Linux build? Or is that all misinformation?

Device(s)
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Well, thanks for the info. I guess I can stop searching, but I do have a question; the phone I got is a Verizon phone Unlocked, it was supposed to be flashed to cricKet but when I tried activating it it didn't work. Is there any benefit to flashing it myself or should I just have the cricKet store flash it?

Device(s)
    Moto Q
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Here is the latest Cricket monster pack to flash it with:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/mc0n66...permonster.rar

Use RSD Lite 5.7 and the latest drivers. Here they are:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4apssu...RSDLite5.7.rar
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/pl6gyy...it_Drivers.rar

For reference, it is true that a good portion of the QA4 (and QA1) were written not only with Linux but open source code, but not completely. The source code is even on opensource.motorola.com but won't do you much good as they only released the parts they used and modified, plus they aren't required even to give you the object code or their method of encoding it for flashing etc.

Device(s)
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. But what is the difference between this & having cricKet flash it for me?

Device(s)
    Moto Q
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    WHAT!!??
    This is the only way to flash it yourself.

Device(s)
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, I mistyped, Changed it as soon as it went up, but what I meant was What's the difference between flashing it myself & having CricKet do it for me, aside from the $20?
    & sorry again for all the questions, but does the Monsterpack update it to the *HALOC9_01.61.00R* Software or do I have to do that separately?

Device(s)
    Moto Q
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    OHHH. That does make a big difference. A Motorola monster pack will flash the phone completely. It is more than an upgrade. It will be a full bonafide Cricket unit with the latest software in like new out of the box state. Totally virgin.

Device(s)
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    I know it it made it a true CricKet phone, but I wasn't sure if it was the Original software (HALOC9_01.53.10P) or the New Update (HALOC9_01.61.00R). Thanks for the help.

Device(s)
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    All good. It is indeed the update firmware. I can now enjoy the phone that millions of people hated. :-D I'm excited.