Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid Xtreme MB810 (Shadow) Pre-Release Thread Part 2 - Information Only

Device(s)
    Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wnrussell
    Let's get started!

*shadow image*
    Woo, thanks for the picture. Just says droid there, nothing on the official name yet...

Looks nice and sleek to me. Hopefully this is the beginning of a flood of information!

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Feedback Score
    Can't really tell from the pic if it has blur or not but damn looks nice

Taco: Doesn't that look more like a user manual than an ad?

Device(s)
    MOTO Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It has blur you can tell by the tabs on the bottom
    Motorola Droid running Froyo p3 1.1 kernel drop theme blue
    what's next

Device(s)
    XV6700 (past)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pix3l
    Taco: Doesn't that look more like a user manual than an ad?
    The title of the post is actually "Shadow Users Manual"...

Feedback Score
    HTC sense is better than blur or dells new UI

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, that's a picture of 2.1 since the youtube widget is plain like we have in 2.1. Google changed the widget to look a little different with some previews on the widget with Froyo 2.2.

My assumption is that it'll ship with 2.1 and very quickly after be receiving 2.2, but they may be able to code and push 2.2 to all these Droids by the time of release. I could see Verizon delaying the release date (maybe that's why nothing has been announced? They knew Froyo was coming and are waiting to see how fast Motorola can get the software onto their devices and push it through the VZW testing process? - just a thought)

Either way, there's NO WAY Motorola would make a phone that looks this nice and not do whatever they could to get Froyo on it as soon as humanly possible. I think anyone would be silly to worry much about not having Froyo on this phone around the time of release.

The huge screen is awesome - much better for texting, but for me, honestly, the question comes down to what kind of touch sensors Motorola is using in this phone. If the touchscreen sensors can only register two inputs at a time (like the current Motorola Droid) and not more than 2 (like the new Amel MaxTouch sensors found in the Incredible which can register much more than 2 simultaneous touches, and which are MUCH more responsive overall to individual presses) then I could see me passing on this device and waiting for the next big thing in another 3-4 months, or waiting until Christmas. I don't want a phone with a really fast processor, lots of RAM/ROM and tons of potential to be bottlenecked by awful touch sensors.

I hope Motorola put every premium part (within reason) into this phone - it could sell really well for them and be just as big as any Droid before it.

Device(s)
    htc "Tundabawlt"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Will the shadow be branded as a Droid, like Droid Xtreme?

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by killerajckyman
    you think there will be full 10.1 adobe flash support? If there was that would be a very very nice feature. Im a heavy flash user
    Not yet but it should by launch.

Device(s)
    Droid 1Ghz 2.1 BBv1.0
    Carrier(s)
    VZW-Agent
    Feedback Score
    its a moto, and it will come with 2.2 and a bigger screen

looks sick
    My motto as a VERIZON agent- Treat the customer the way you want to be treated, if you treat them like crap dont complain when they treat you like crap. If I lose a sale I dont lose sleep over it I move on. Some people never buy from my store oh well $10 transfer fee. Some people are mad at the world, doesnt affect me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d1andONLYm
    It should be assumed so. However, the LG Ally (which runs Android 2.1) isn't branded as a Droid, but simply as the "LG Ally", so we know of at least one Verizon phone that runs Android that isn't a "Droid" - but I would say that this phone looks like a Droid in and out and it's probably 99.9999% safe to assume it's going to be a Droid <insert descriptor name here>.

Please god don't let them name it the "Droid Extreme", "Droid Shadow", or "Droid Ultimate." Those are all horrible names that make the phone sound like it's something it's not. Droid Incredible is all right, but I'm hoping Verizon will revert to more conservative names for future Droids... we'll see.

Device(s)
    Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wnrussell
    Not yet but it should by launch.
    flash by launch??? that means 2.2 by launch??? That would be amazing...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d1andONLYm
    Except for the Lg Ally, all VZW Android phones are branded Droid "Something." I don't see why the "Shadow" would be any different, unless VZW's changing their strategy. Droid is a brand for then and a very strong one. It is arguably their best marketing campaign in years, so to abandon it would be a bit premature.

Device(s)
    Droid 1Ghz 2.1 BBv1.0
    Carrier(s)
    VZW-Agent
    Feedback Score
    devour is not branded droid

Device(s)
    Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JL
    Droid seems to be verizon's branding for their premium android devices. I would certainly assume the shadow qualifies!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JL
    You're right, though I could have sworn it was called the Droid Devour. Maybe that was before it was released. Oh well...I guess we'll just have to wait and see with the "Shadow."

Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast