Page 142 of 296 FirstFirst ... 42 92 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 4439

Thread: LTE Markets/Rollout Official Discussion

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    I ask these questions because similar discussion and congestion issues are occurring in other threads. It would help to address those threads but I don't have answers.

So is it correct that a two-EVDO-panel tower to which LTE is added has one EVDO panel removed?

Are the bands for any EVDO being shifted from CLR to PCS? This also is being asserted in some threads.
    In some markets, I think they are clearing up more 1x capacity.

Though, in RDU, I have never been on PCS for 3G, and where I live in STL, it is CLR only for EVDO too.

Out in L.A., I have only seen PCS for EVDO.

Verizon's 4G network.

I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Make's no sence to me either but 95% of the time this one tower in Cecilton Md is running on PCS like 775,750,725 all PCS channels.This is the tower that just got the new sharkfins and two new evdo panels no lte.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Samsung Captivate, MiFi 2200
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was recently running across some information about the DAS being installed at the University of Kansas and ran across some Verizon Documents detailing the installation of LTE panels in Lawrence, KS. I know there was some talk about it a few pages back, but most of the documents are around the end of February, so I don't know how long it takes after approval, but it's likely Lawrence, KS will be on the next list of markets. Unfortunately I am not in Lawrence for the summer to see if any of this work has been done.

Here is one of the documents. http://www.lawrenceks.org/pds/attach...2/SP011212.pdf
    Rock, Chalk!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4, LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    In some markets, I think they are clearing up more 1x capacity.

Though, in RDU, I have never been on PCS for 3G, and where I live in STL, it is CLR only for EVDO too.

Out in L.A., I have only seen PCS for EVDO.
    Verizon has the entire cellular spectrum (A-side and B-side) in RDU and most of the other larger markets in NC. They probably don't need PCS for EVDO here, especially if the next iPhone supports LTE. I'm not sure what they are doing in Eastern NC where they only have the B-side of the Cellular spectrum (US Cellular is A-side there).

In markets where they are moving EVDO to PCS, they are probably trying to increase capacity for faster EVDO or a less congested 1X network (voice and some data).
    Bars are not a true indication of signal strength or quality.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So is it correct that a two-EVDO-panel tower to which LTE is added has one EVDO panel removed? Would this increase 3g load, cause congestion and reduce 3g speeds?
    Yes to all three. Now, in very dense areas like NYC (or even one site in downtown Louisville), they left two EVDO panels and made room for an LTE. So on each sector you have 2 1X, 2 EVDO, and 1 LTE. However, on most sites that previously had 2 EVDO panels, one was removed for LTE, which does cause more congestion and reduced speeds. These will supposedly be temporary as the LTE pickup rate increases...or at least that is what Verizon hopes.

Are the bands for any EVDO being shifted from CLR to PCS? This also is being asserted in some threads.
    And that is what is being asserted here as well. Newyork4Me brings up a valid point: if Verizon is trying to relieve some voice congestion in certain areas, they may move some EVDO to PCS to allow 1X more room to breathe, but I can't help but figure that would require another 1X antenna. I could be wrong on that, but unless the current dual-1X panel setup can be tuned to use the new CLR spectrum (since EVDO was moved to PCS), a new 1X antenna would most certainly be required.

Also, keep in mind that not all setups look like the ones I have posted. I have seen a few Verizon setups where there are 4 identical shark-fin antennas, but two are transmitting on PCS and two are transmitting on CLR....I know this based on their spectrum holdings for the area. 9 times out of 10 the EVDO panels are readily identifiable, but there are some strange setups as well.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trocks797 View Post
    However, on most sites that previously had 2 EVDO panels, one was removed for LTE, which does cause more congestion and reduced speeds. These will supposedly be temporary as the LTE pickup rate increases...or at least that is what Verizon hopes.
    I think their over-expectation is the root of the problem.

Is it not possible to add only rather than replace?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think their over-expectation is the root of the problem.

Is it not possible to add only rather than replace?
    No- they certainly could have left EVDO panels up. This was just the direction Verizon chose to take.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So when will Verizon take the largest 4G network title away from T-Mobile?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA, Vodafone ES
    Feedback Score
    Yes to all three. Now, in very dense areas like NYC (or even one site in downtown Louisville), they left two EVDO panels and made room for an LTE. So on each sector you have 2 1X, 2 EVDO, and 1 LTE. However, on most sites that previously had 2 EVDO panels, one was removed for LTE, which does cause more congestion and reduced speeds. These will supposedly be temporary as the LTE pickup rate increases...or at least that is what Verizon hopes.

And that is what is being asserted here as well. Newyork4Me brings up a valid point: if Verizon is trying to relieve some voice congestion in certain areas, they may move some EVDO to PCS to allow 1X more room to breathe, but I can't help but figure that would require another 1X antenna. I could be wrong on that, but unless the current dual-1X panel setup can be tuned to use the new CLR spectrum (since EVDO was moved to PCS), a new 1X antenna would most certainly be required.

Also, keep in mind that not all setups look like the ones I have posted. I have seen a few Verizon setups where there are 4 identical shark-fin antennas, but two are transmitting on PCS and two are transmitting on CLR....I know this based on their spectrum holdings for the area. 9 times out of 10 the EVDO panels are readily identifiable, but there are some strange setups as well.
    Removing one of two PCS antennas per sector and replacing them with a 700 Mhz antenna will not lower EVDO capacity or be the cause of congestion. In addition, if VZW were add some 1x channels on the PCS band, they would not need to add another panel since most sites already have a PCS panel (which might currently only be used for EVDO). These antennas don't care what you broadcast from them (EVDO or 1X) - they just need to be capable to run on the required frequency.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No- they certainly could have left EVDO panels up. This was just the direction Verizon chose to take.
    Well, me too. There certainly seems to be a correlation between taking them down and problems reported here.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubb View Post
    Probably never.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy84094 View Post
    Removing one of two PCS antennas per sector and replacing them with a 700 Mhz antenna will not lower EVDO capacity or be the cause of congestion. In addition, if VZW were add some 1x channels on the PCS band, they would not need to add another panel since most sites already have a PCS panel (which might currently only be used for EVDO). These antennas don't care what you broadcast from them (EVDO or 1X) - they just need to be capable to run on the required frequency.
    Thanks. So what do you think is the cause of the problems reported here?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubb View Post
    Well tmobile is here.

"We take our role as America's Largest 4G Network® seriously, but we don't take it for granted. We keep improving. We've increased the breadth of our network 30% during the last six years. We provide blazing-fast 4G coverage to over 220 million Americans in 229 markets—and we're expanding and upgrading our network all the time."

So 220 million people in 229 markets.

Verizon is at over 2/3 (207 million) in 258 markets. So for markets verizon is winning, just not in number of people covered yet, but by the end of they year they are aiming for 260 million, so we will see if tmobile can increase their coverage by nearly 40% for this year.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ben7337 View Post
    Well tmobile is here.

"We take our role as America's Largest 4G Network® seriously, but we don't take it for granted. We keep improving. We've increased the breadth of our network 30% during the last six years. We provide blazing-fast 4G coverage to over 220 million Americans in 229 markets—and we're expanding and upgrading our network all the time."

So 220 million people in 229 markets.

Verizon is at over 2/3 (207 million) in 258 markets. So for markets verizon is winning, just not in number of people covered yet, but by the end of they year they are aiming for 260 million, so we will see if tmobile can increase their coverage by nearly 40% for this year.
    T-Mobile is not available IN enough markets to keep the title. Verizon says they will be in 400 by the end of this year.

Carrier(s)
    Magenta
    Feedback Score
    Granted Verizons current LTE rollout does not meet the standards to be called 4G, comparing t-mobiles HSPA+ to LTE or in Sprints case, Wi-Max is a joke.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Part 90 & 97 accepted

Page 142 of 296 FirstFirst ... 42 92 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 192 242 ... LastLast