Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Negotiating above new customer offered plans?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch 6900
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

Negotiating above new customer offered plans?

Anyone had any success negotiating above and beyond the plans they offer to new customers?

I was an old customer of Clearnet and Telus for many years, I worked for Telus and gave up my personal line then went to bell after I left my work as that was the best plan I can get.

Just wondering what I should expect, i'm sure I could get the activation fee waived but how far can I push them these days? Current reps would know the answer to their malleability.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Expect to be stonewalled.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch 6900
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCM
    Thanks for the info, back when I worked for them (mid 00s) they would allow a lot to acquire customers but this is a different era!

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mfpreach
    Thanks for the info, back when I worked for them (mid 00s) they would allow a lot to acquire customers but this is a different era!
    With the launch of the new HSPA networks, I've noticed both Bell and TELUS have reigned in retention spending. The days of free this and that and early renewal exceptions are over. Speaking of which, I dare someone to try that today. Do it! Dooo it nowww! Then report back with your findings.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch 6900
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    With the launch of the new HSPA networks, I've noticed both Bell and TELUS have reigned in retention spending. The days of free this and that and early renewal exceptions are over. Speaking of which, I dare someone to try that today. Do it! Dooo it nowww!
    Do you know how much caller ID is? I can't find it anywhere on their site.

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Do you know how much caller ID is? I can't find it anywhere on their site.
    $7.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch 6900
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    $7.
    Ok so that hasn't changed since I left.
    I'm gonna get the desire/triumph,
    Just gotta debate whether i'm going to buy it outright and put it on my bell account or get a telus clear individual stupid plan.

ON the bell plan i get for $25/ 450 per second, eve + week 6pm, call id, VM, cheap roaming, bell 2 bell, .10 LD + $2.50 for 250 text messages + SAF

So add another 25 for data we're at around 60+ tax
    Telus would be probably 57+ tax albeit i get less local mins and I get my faves nationwide (which will be useful)

The bell plan is superior for most, but I have to weight paying $500+ for the phone vs. subsidy rate. While I'm on a corporate plan Bell doesn't allow me to negotiate it any further, they say take it or leave it.
    DECISIONS DECISIONS.

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The bell plan is superior for most, but I have to weight paying $500+ for the phone vs. subsidy rate. While I'm on a corporate plan Bell doesn't allow me to negotiate it any further, they say take it or leave it.
    DECISIONS DECISIONS.
    I guess after the math is done, who comes out ahead after 3 years?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch 6900
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I guess after the math is done, who comes out ahead after 3 years?
    Thats the thousand dollar question. If i could get rid of that Fing SAF on my bell plan that would be great. Its not fun being a mark and taking that you know where every month.
    Also, I wouldn't be on contract obviously if I bought it outright, that's a plus.

Let me ask you, If i want to give my account to a friend or whatever, does bell allow this with corp plans?

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Let me ask you, If i want to give my account to a friend or whatever, does bell allow this with corp plans?
    That I don't know.

Device(s)
    HTC Raider LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    their big scam now is in data, they sell devices and plans knowing that the internet experience is getting more and more bandwidth intensive, but they hit you with overage charges that are hugely inflated over the normal rate you are paying for data

be careful if you are getting a smartphone and planning on using it to it's potential

Device(s)
    HTC Touch 6900
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by datmaster
    their big scam now is in data, they sell devices and plans knowing that the internet experience is getting more and more bandwidth intensive, but they hit you with overage charges that are hugely inflated over the normal rate you are paying for data

be careful if you are getting a smartphone and planning on using it to it's potential
    Thanks but i've been using a data device since the audiovox 6700 and even before that with other devices. Right now i'm using a Touch.

Feedback Score
    YES you can get discounts as a new customer, but first buy a prepaid kit and stay on prepaid for 1 or 2 months: you will get free CID, Voicemail 3 and Bill Credit or phone discounts. See : Switching from Prepaid > Contract. What freebies can I get ?.

After that I found an offer from Rogers HERE and I asked them if they can match it. I got the offers posted HERE. I am not 100% satisfied; I will wait a few more days and call again.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I can attest to that.

This week I called to add another line to my account. Side note, I have been with Telus Mobility for ~8 years.

I wanted the current Voice&Data 50 because of all the promos added for on a 3 year contract and because it would best suit our needs.

Told them that if they gave me free CID I'd take the deal (I figured they'd bite). Response was they could give free CID for the first year only and that I could call back in a year to try and renegotiate free CID for the remaining term. Also mentioned that since I had so many discounts on my original line they couldn't / wouldn't do anything more. In all honesty I did get numerous discounts when resigning last November when the HSPA network was switched on for public usage.

I think the worst part(s) of the whole thing was when the agent tried to sell me on a bb social plan when I had clearly stated that I wanted the voice&data plan - who uses MySpace these days? .

And finally, when the agent started rhyming off the features of the voice&data plan he said he'd throw in all the promos for free like he was personally doing me a favour.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch 6900
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Maybe they'll give me more if I open a business regular account since I have a business.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast