Thread: Nokia N900 mobile computer

Feedback Score

Nokia N900 mobile computer

an impressive mobile that we can call it a computer with amazing design .
    Experience the speed and raw power of the high-performance Nokia N900 mobile computer

Overview
    Processing power
    At the heart of this mobile computer is its powerful 600 MHz processor and up to 1GB of application memory. The superscalar ARM processor delivers exceptional power and enables you to run all your applications quickly, smoothly, and simultaneously.
    ARM Cortex - A8 superscalar microprocessor core running at 600 MHz
    Up to 1 GB of application memory (256 MB RAM, 768 MB virtual memory)
    Linux-based operating system
    3D graphics accelerator with OpenGL ES 2.0 support

Large internal storage
    The built-in 32 GB storage is big enough to store up to 7,000 of your favourite songs or 40 hours of DVD-quality video. And with an external microSD card you can expand the storage to up to 48 GB.
    32 GB internal storage
    Expandable to up to 48 GB with an external microSD card

Fast wireless broadband
    For the first time get high-speed broadband that’s as fast as an internet connection at home. Enjoy rich interactive content across the web and view pages the way they should be seen with stunning full-screen browsing.
    3.5G and WLAN connectivity
    Quadband GSM with GPRS and EDGE
    Data transfers over a cellular network 10/2Mbps
    Data transfers over Wi-Fi 54Mbps
    Flash 9.4 support
    Full-screen browsing

High-quality digital camera
    Capture vivid images and DVD-quality widescreen video with the integrated 5-megapixel camera. The Carl Zeiss optical lens brings added clarity, while the dual LED flash lets you take great pictures day or night.
    5-megapixel digital camera
    Carl Zeiss optical lens
    Dual LED flash
    800 × 480 resolution video recording

Innovative design
    Powerful hardware packed into a sleek, compact design. The Nokia N900 mobile computer features a sharp 800 x 480 touch-screen display and a fully integrated QWERTY keyboard.
    Touch-sensitive screen
    3.5” WVGA display
    800 × 480 resolution
    Tactile and onscreen QWERTY keyboards
    Removable battery

Integrated A-GPS
    Find your position quickly and accurately with the built-in Assisted-GPS receiver. The Nokia N900 works seamlessly with Ovi Maps to give you the quickest available route as you make your way from A to B.
    Assisted-GPS receiver
    Ovi Maps pre-installed

? And now what is your opinion on this mobile ? Do you think that Technology will stop on this limit

Device(s)
    Nokia 900 RX-51
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score

N900 Active Discussion

Over at mameo.org there is a very active discussion of modding, overclocking, and enabling all sorts of functions on this device.

There is also a very credible wiki concerning the N900. If you own an N900 and do not at least check out the maemo.org site you are really missing out.

Complaints about the device should be directed directly to Nokia as it is rare for them to respond to something on the forum.
    You begin saving the world by saving one man at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics --Charles Bukowski

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your nice note
    Actually I'm using N900 for everything that I need in a day around but somethings makes me unhappy regarding its ability, it is java problem which i haven't figure it out properly. I can use some substitute to handle my own needs but really I need a developing program and a revolution in basic maemo to handle all java formats easily without using additional programs.
    I mean I like to open a JAR or JAD file easily in N900, yet I couldn't.
    Else its wonderful and never I can say I'm done with knowing this product, really its an endless programing device. enjoy that.

Feedback Score
    Oh I so like and love this phone! I want to buy this but it is still epensive. maybe I'll wait a few months?