Thread: T-mobile My touch 3 G slide phone

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

T-mobile My touch 3 G slide phone

hey friends!
    what are your opinions about new T-mobile which is known as My touch 3 G slide phone?

any thing you want to say?

Feedback Score
    I've been using mine for a few weeks now, and I like it. There are so many negative remarks about the phone, most of these are from people who haven't even used the phone yet. The only thing I don't care for is the plastic look.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 20 Ultra (G Fi), iPhone 11 Pro (T-Mo),Samsung Galaxy S10, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    $429.99 retail on EM+?! Eek!! I thought the rumored $399 seemed a bit high.

I was thinking of getting one today but... hmmm. Now for sure I'll wait a week to see what the new iPhone looks like.

Odd how $30 can do that.

Device(s)
    LG v20
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I ordered two of these today through retentions for $80.00 each, no rebates.

So at least we know retentions is willing to deal on them.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 20 Ultra (G Fi), iPhone 11 Pro (T-Mo),Samsung Galaxy S10, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetrizzo View Post

Good deal. I assume that's on 2 year contract? What plan if I may ask?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetrizzo View Post

May I ask how you went about this? I'm grandfathered in with 500 family and my faves and am seriously thinking of purchasing this phone but not loving the price, granted I'm only eligable for a partial upgrade. But I would love any advise you could give me about approaching retentions.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    BTW, confirmed on another site from someone who purchased one today that the Slide does indeed have 512 MB of RAM.

Device(s)
    LG v20
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blueyed.devil View Post
    May I ask how you went about this? I'm grandfathered in with 500 family and my faves and am seriously thinking of purchasing this phone but not loving the price, granted I'm only eligable for a partial upgrade. But I would love any advise you could give me about approaching retentions.

I'm out of contract on all 4 of my lines. Have family time plus 1000 with free myfavs, the cheap family texting, total internet on one line and web2go on another. I called up, said I wanted to see what they could do to keep me from going to verizon and porting out today cause I wanted an incredible. I told them the slide would be the only phone I would accept and I only wanted to upgrade 2 lines. They gave me $79.99 per handset with prefered android (19.99) on the two upgraded lines. I didn't do anything but call customer care, say cancel then ask the retentions rep what he could do to keep me a customer. Oh of course I had to take a 2 year contract of the two lines. But, I still have 2 lines out of contract ready for upgrades if something better comes. I ordered one black and one white, they said red was backordered and they had no idea why, but would research the issue over 4 days if I wanted to wait lol.

I can provide a screen shot of my order status from tmobile.com showing my phones as $79.99

Device(s)
    nexus one
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    The best retentions offer I can get is $129 and prefered android(19.99) for a 2 year contract extention. Wondering if its bacause only 3 of the 4 lines are out on contract.. Oh they said they had red available too.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy78 View Post
    I've been using mine for a few weeks now, and I like it. There are so many negative remarks about the phone, most of these are from people who haven't even used the phone yet. The only thing I don't care for is the plastic look.
    I got it and returned it already. I just wanted a keyboard on an android phone....but after popping my sim back into my nexus one I couldn't go back to the Mytouch slide. It's a decent phone but it just isn't gonna match up to the Nexus One, Evo, Incredible or Iphone.

So....it's a good phone with nice features but why is T-Mobile making this their flagship phone? Yes I know it will sell well but it's not a superphone and T-Mobile is losing customers...and I doubt the Galaxy S will be here anytime soon.
    I need the Samsung Epic NOW!!!!!

Device(s)
    LG v20
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Mine came today.
    They are nice.
    I need to customize mine, my sister is on her own with hers lol.

Worth the 80 bucks in my opinion

Feedback Score
    whats a prefered android(19.99)?
    got mine today, but i'm overseas and can't play with it yet

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How's battery life? I tried one today and liked it a lot. Now that I know the iPhone is staying with the Death Star, it's either this or the Nexus One.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm in the same boat. I was waiting after WWDC to make my decision, and it looks like the iphone will be staying with AT&T, and I will not switch over to AT&T for anything!

So it will either be the slide or the nexus one. I'm leaning toward the slide, as it has the keyboard and this will be a great transitional phone coming from a keyboard (blackberry).

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ok got a free one today so I like it more since it cost me $0

The only problems I have with it is that the screen is good but after using a Nexus One the screen on the Mytouch slide looks like crap. I guess that is to be expexted on a midrange phone I suppose. The processor is also noticably slower but it's not too bad, no lag or anything like that, just not super fast like the Nexus One. I also don't like that there is no navigation keys on the keyboard like the Cliq and most other hardware keyboards have.

but the features are nice and having a flash player is nice too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast