Thread: Confused prospective (Nexus One) customer

Device(s)
    E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Confused prospective (Nexus One) customer

As a possible newcomer to Tmo, I must say I find the pricing very confusing. My only real question--what is the cheapest monthly recurring charge for a Nexus One purchased directly from the Google site for $179? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It would be cheaper to buy the phone without any T-Mobile service. Plans are $10-20 cheaper depending on what you get.
    Bye!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The way it looks is there are 2 plans.

Even more - This has a contract and gives you a phone/discount on a phone

Even more plus - No contract, no phone

The even more is a ripoff though since the normal plans are $10 more than the even more plus, and then the web plans are also $10 more. So $20 total. So you are looking at $480 over a 2 year period. Plus the $180 for the nexus one. So you are paying $660 for the nexus one.

Better off just buying it unlocked and going with the even more plus no contact plans.

I could be wrong, but that is how it looks to me.

On a side note, I always thought the even more plans were $10 more across the board. So I thought it kinda made sense sense that as long as you were getting ~$240 discounted on a phone not a bad deal. But when looking at the talk + text + web plans, its $20 more a month. A rip off when compared to the even more plus. They would have to give you a $480+ phone for FREE to make it just even out, and the fact your stuck in a contract. (And lets not even bring up the $10 add on trick that some people are doing). Seems like the plans are backwards, or very screwed up.

Seems to be, if you're going t-mobile, buy your own phone and go for even more plus. And do it quick before someone from tmobile looks at those prices and realizes they don't look right and changes them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mec31 View Post
    My only real question--what is the cheapest monthly recurring charge for a Nexus One purchased directly from the Google site for $179? Thanks!
    There is only one T-Mobile plan that can be activated to get the $179 price. 500 minutes + text + web Even More for $80 per month plus tax.

The cheapest way, however, to get the phone without that plan is to buy it at $179, cancel the line, keep the phone, possibly pay Google another $150 Equipment Recovery Fee and then you can re-activate the Nexus on any T-Mobile plan you like.

For experiences with this method, see here:

http://forums.tmonews.com/index.php?topic=12898.0

Device(s)
    N1 & G2 next up=Samsung Tab
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wanted to add a line and couldn't. I wanted to open a separate line in a standalone account and google automated system always kicked me out. After getting the run around from google and T-Mobile, I just bought the phone outright. I had sat on the fence long enough and the G1 was getting long in the tooth. Overall I've been happy with the N1 and I'm taking a wait and see attitude with the Galaxy S. The N1 could be on eBay faster than you can say Meg Witman if the Galaxy S measure up to all the hype.
    Unplugged Since 1999

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    After the massive failure to update the Behold II to 2.2, I will hold off on Samsung Galaxy S until it is easily rooted and ROMs are available.