Thread: Cannot Undo Restriction - Not Allowed - Solution!

Device(s)
    Nokia 6303 Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score

Cannot Undo Restriction - Not Allowed - Solution!

I just managed to unlock a Nokia 6303 Classic after being told it couldn't be unlocked.

I bought this phone from a friend and it was locked to Orange UK but I use Vodafone UK. I took it to several local phone shops and they all told me the same thing - it can only be unlocked by code. I called Orange but they wouldn't give me the unlock code because I am not the registered owner of the phone, so I paid £25 online for an unlock code which I got by email yesterday.

After following the instructions and entering the code the phone displayed Cannot Undo Restriction and the phone remained locked to Orange. I called the company I got the code from and they said Cannot Undo Restriction or Not Allowed means the phone has had too many incorrect unlock codes entered. I called my mate and he confirmed that he had tried to unlock the phone with codes he got from one of those online code calcs (what an idiot).

I thought that was it, no phone shops could unlock it and it wouldn't even accept the correct code. I did a little digging around on the internet and soon discovered that thousands of people had suffered the same problem - they had the right code but it was useless! Then I came across http://www.unlocks.co.uk/cannot_undo_restriction.php. I followed the instructions and now my Nokia 6303 Classic is unlocked!

Like I said, I know thousands have suffered the same problem and I just wanted everyone to know there is a solution and it doesn't cost a single penny!

Feedback Score
    thanks!
    wuhuuu! now i can use my nokia 6301