Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: LG Rumor Touch, Virgin Mobile, Java block bypass

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok so it looks like this is for the LG Shine. It looks like a great tutorial tho.... This is Exactly what were looking for, just for the rumor touch...

Also I finally did get the files downloaded from that megashare site.. Boy that site is pain in the arse! If anyone wants them for some more tinkering around lemme know Ill email em to you.

Feedback Score
    BitPim would most likely work on this phone, and the file in that attachment might also work. BUt the real problem is, the USB connection will not work because it is disabled. It is only available for about 2 seconds when the phone shuts down. There must be some type of software that will send a signal the phone will recognize to allow the USB connection to stay active, instead of stopping in roughly 2 seconds. You can test this by connecting to your PC with the USB cable. Shut the phone down, and you will hear the USB connection tone from windows. In about 2 seconds, you will hear the USB disconnect tone from windows. If you have the right software running, I am sure a USB connection to this phone will allow access to the phone file system. Until then, we are SOL...

Vernon, Connecticut, United States, 107962029226561, Vernon, Connecticut
    Device(s)
    LG Rumor Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetmanNH View Post
    BitPim would most likely work on this phone, and the file in that attachment might also work. BUt the real problem is, the USB connection will not work because it is disabled. It is only available for about 2 seconds when the phone shuts down. There must be some type of software that will send a signal the phone will recognize to allow the USB connection to stay active, instead of stopping in roughly 2 seconds. You can test this by connecting to your PC with the USB cable. Shut the phone down, and you will hear the USB connection tone from windows. In about 2 seconds, you will hear the USB disconnect tone from windows. If you have the right software running, I am sure a USB connection to this phone will allow access to the phone file system. Until then, we are SOL...
    That's exactly the problem here! I have been spending every single night lately trying to get this thing working. Once we get file system access, this phone will be so incredible. With the 25$ unlmited data/txt and 300 mins. this is the best deal I have ever seen, now imagine have Pandora or any of the other apps installed. I'm exscited, and it seems like we are really getting close to getting what we want.
    - I like to fight people who fight well.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetmanNH View Post
    i dont think we need software to enable the usb port, we just need a way to get our msl. once you have your phones msl, you can get into the ##port# menu and enable the usb port.

Feedback Score
    well, in my case, my phone always get detected by the computer, i don't have a microSD card inside.. and windows ask me for the drivers..
    what i did.. i went to "Device Manager" and uninstall the phone from the list.. but i don't remember wish one it was.. so i think it can work

Device(s)
    LG Rumor Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok I think I figured out how to keep the USB conection alive. When restarting the phone hold FN+ENTER+BACK and it will then popup asking for drivers, and it doesnt seem to disconnect the USB this way. maybe I'm confused but it seem to be working. I installed those LG Modem drivers and then let windows find and install them when it detected the phone... havign trouble getting bitpim to find it out com1 but I am at work and getting distracted. am I crazy? someone care to try this? tnx

Feedback Score
    well...we all seem to have no luck. My idea was to either try the debug menu and change the bluetooth settings and force programs onto the phone. Or to find out if theres a way to freeze the phone while its connected. Last thing im going to try tonight is to dl bitpim and get the port then restart the phone every time i need to edit something or search files. Ill let you guys know how it goes.

Device(s)
    LG Rumor Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uniquabest View Post
    well...we all seem to have no luck. My idea was to either try the debug menu and change the bluetooth settings and force programs onto the phone. Or to find out if theres a way to freeze the phone while its connected. Last thing im going to try tonight is to dl bitpim and get the port then restart the phone every time i need to edit something or search files. Ill let you guys know how it goes.

May the Force be with you...

Feedback Score
    lol thx. Guess what...im at work so i posted the last reply from my phone. Just now i tried to check the responses and opera mini said that the content was blocked by operator...isnt that a violation of thier terms of service? So i restarted it and it works...but damn...theyre watching us my friends....

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wow I didnt even know about the ##port# menu.! So all we need is that "enter service code" code and we can enable the usb port from there? I'm sure it won't be that easy, but hey, I do feel like were getting closer. Good work dkg--- and everybody...

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    wow you guys are quite active on these forums lol.. good to share the frustrations with other ppl. can someone send me that megashares file, i for the life of me cannot get it to open the download link.. email: [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Dear users;
    I recently signed up due to my interest in the LG rumor touch for VM service. The idea of a cheap touch phone with a cheap phone service got my excited. But after finding out its basically locked to do basic things such as installing apps made me a little sad and lost hope.

After looking online for a bit I found this thread and let me tell you, you guys have got my hopes up back again. I wish you guys luck on this journey! I wish i could help but I dont own the phone atm nor cant help with the code seeking.

Again, your progress wont go unheard of and tons of users online are probably keeping an eye on your progress so best of luck!

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the support darknight88.......

dcasse88 I emailed you the files.......

Feedback Score
    I am cheering for everyone working on getting this phone unlocked. I was stoked when I found a 3g touch phone for only $25/m only to get crushed when I discovered how tied down it is. Shame on VM for getting hopes up for "UNLIMITED WEB AND DATA" when there is no way to really use all the potential the plan has to offer. Good luck to all and if I find/hear anything I'll let you all know.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast