Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HTC Hero, flashed to Revol with working Internet and MMS

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Cool HTC Hero, flashed to Revol with working Internet and MMS

Get the hero flashed to revol. Would be a better idea to have revol do it because they won't add the esn manually if you do it yourself. Their prl's are hard to find anyway. Good luck trying to smooth talk them.

First of all, thanks to Brandon on his original guide on cricket.
    Brandon's Guide on Cricket

Changing SPC and preparing the setup
    ************************************************** *********************************
    Followed Brandon's original guide on cricket and made a few modifications to fit revol.

What you need:
    1. CDMA Workshop
    2. QPST
    3. HTC Diag drivers for Hero(64-bit windows won't work). HTC Sync drivers will do. Can find it on sprint or htc website, htcsync2.0.3x or try my upload. HTC Hero DIAG Drivers.zip
    4. Your Hero and USB Cable
    *Can't link some of the softwares because they are warez. Google would help you find them.

1. After installing all the items, dial ##3424#. DIAG mode screen should pop up, "DM Command Service".
    2. Plug your phone in through USB. Choose HTC Sync on phone. Drivers should install.
    3. If the drivers installed successfully, open QPST Configuration, Listed under QPST Folder on start menu.
    4. Click Ports, then click "Add New Port". You should see a port in the left part of the window. If not, unselect the button that says "Show Serial And USB/QC Diagnostic Ports Only".
    5. Select the port and Click OK. There may be several ports, so repeat this process until you see a port where it says "Surf..." or goto device manager to find the exact port for the hero.
    6. Take not of which port says Surf, then open CDMA Workshop. Do not close QPST Configuration yet.
    7. On the right side of the window select the same port as was in QPST with the word "Surf..." next to it and click "connect".
    8. Click on the Security Tab on the top of the screen and click "Read" under the SPC/User Lock, ensuring that the default setting is listed in the drop-down menu.
    9. Select the 6 digit number it generates and copy it.
    *If you are not able to get SPC with that, try the guide in the attached file(Not my work).Getting MSL,SPC Codes.txt
    10. Go back to the QPST Configuration and click on "Start Clients" and click on
    "Service Programming".
    11. It will come up with a window displaying active phones. You should see one, the Surf....(whatever). Select it and click OK.
    12. Click "read from phone". It will ask you for an MSL/SPC Code. Paste the 6 digit code you copied earlier and click Ok. In the settings tab you will see a box for the MSL/SPC code. Replace whatever is written in it with six zeros (000000) and check the "SPC Change Enabled box".
    13. Click The Display Tab and type "Revol" in the Banner.
    14. Click Write to Phone on the bottom. Ignore any errors that occur.
    15. Unplug phone. and restart the phone.

Internet
    ************************************************** ****************************

1. Connect Phone Via QPST and open Service Programming. (See steps 1-3, 10 above)
    2. Once you have began Programming, click "Read From Phone". It will ask you for an SPC/MSL code. That code should now be six zeros (000000) -see step 12 above.
    3. Click M.IP and set Mobile IP Behavior as MOB + Simp...
    4. Select any profiles (there should be 1 or 2) listed under User Profiles, and click edit. Do the following for all profiles.
    5. Make sure that "Profile enabled" is checked and enter in the following:

NAI: [email protected]
    Tethered NAI: [email protected]

6. Change home address to all zeros, primary ha to 10.2.1.15, and secondary HA to 10.2.1.16.
    7. On both HA Shared and AAA Shared Secret, click enter text string and type in the following password (all lower case): revol
    8. Change MN-HA SPI to 12C and MN-AAA SPI to 2.
    9. click ok
    10. Do for all profiles
    11. Set active user as 0.
    12. Click PPP Config
    13. The "Um" Button
    14. Under user ID enter [email protected] as well as for tethered NAI. If a text box is black with red lines in it, click it and press ctrl D. Enter revol in the password box.
    15.Click "AN" Button and repeat step 12.
    16. Click "write to phone". Ignore any errors that occur.
    17. Unplug phone
    18. Dial ##3282#, click advanced. Fill in settings

Slot Cycle Index:0 can leave as default but changing this to 0 will let you get

messages and calls faster
    MCC:310
    MNC:00
    ACCOLC:2
    Vocode disable
    Home Orig:Voice 13k also can leave as default but voice 13k is way better than EVRC or anything else
    Roam Orig:Voice 13k
    LBS PDE IP: Blank
    LBS PDE Port: BLANK
    Home Sys Reg:enable
    Foreign SID reg:enable
    DDTM:disable
    Home SID/NID#1:4139/65535

So after setting your PST settings click menu>commit modifications
    let the phone restart,, after restart you should get the little 1x at the status bar of your screen. If you don't see it, go to your phone. Select settings>Wireless & Networks>Enable mobile network. Create a widget at home. Click the +, widget, settings, mobile network.
    * Sometimes when you restart your phone, the net might not work just click on the mobile network widget, disconnecting it and reconnecting it again(that is renewing ip).

Good news then, your net should be working now, try the internet, google maps, slacker radio. They all should work. No proxy needed
    Name:  Revol Screen.jpg
Views: 7685
Size:  29.5 KBName:  Speed Test 1.jpg
Views: 7104
Size:  55.9 KB

MMS
    ************************************************** *******************************
    (My original work)
    After making sure web works,

1. Download APN Backup & Restore(Android Market)
    2. Click Backup APNs
    3. Goto your sdcard/ApnBackupRestore
    4. Click the apn file and edit under windows or on your phone.
    5. Look for the line that says Production and edit.....

<apn name="Production" numeric="00000" mcc="310" mnc="00" apn="1"

user="[email protected]" server="null" password="revol" proxy="null"

port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="2.0"

mmsc="http://mms.revol.us/revol/mms.php" type="mms" />

6. Save the file(make sure you save it)
    7. Open the APN Backup & Restore program
    8. Click delete APNs(Very important)
    9. Click Restore APNs
    10. Close the program
    11. Goto messages>menu>settings>connection settings. Make sure everything is as you edited. You should see Name(Production), MMSC(http://mms.revol.us/revol/mms.php), MMS proxy(not set), MMS port(not set), MMS protocol(WAP 2.0).
    12. If everything is just as it is, viola you are all set...
    Picture message away.
    Name:  MMS Settings.jpg
Views: 7446
Size:  26.3 KB
    If you encounter any problems, please go back to the steps and make sure you didn't miss anything, and if you see any error, please don't hesitate to PM me. Good luck.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro2*metroPCS*
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by geforce912 View Post
    Get the hero flashed to revol. Would be a better idea to have revol do it because they won't add the esn manually if you do it yourself. Their prl's are hard to find anyway. Good luck trying to smooth talk them.

First of all, thanks to Brandon on his original guide on cricket.
    Brandon's Guide on Cricket

Changing SPC and preparing the setup
    ************************************************** *********************************
    Followed Brandon's original guide on cricket and made a few modifications to fit revol.

What you need:
    1. CDMA Workshop
    2. QPST
    3. HTC Diag drivers for Hero(64-bit windows won't work). HTC Sync drivers will do. Can find it on sprint or htc website, htcsync2.0.3x or try my upload. HTC Hero DIAG Drivers.zip
    4. Your Hero and USB Cable
    *Can't link some of the softwares because they are warez. Google would help you find them.

1. After installing all the items, dial ##3424#. DIAG mode screen should pop up, "DM Command Service".
    2. Plug your phone in through USB. Choose HTC Sync on phone. Drivers should install.
    3. If the drivers installed successfully, open QPST Configuration, Listed under QPST Folder on start menu.
    4. Click Ports, then click "Add New Port". You should see a port in the left part of the window. If not, unselect the button that says "Show Serial And USB/QC Diagnostic Ports Only".
    5. Select the port and Click OK. There may be several ports, so repeat this process until you see a port where it says "Surf..." or goto device manager to find the exact port for the hero.
    6. Take not of which port says Surf, then open CDMA Workshop. Do not close QPST Configuration yet.
    7. On the right side of the window select the same port as was in QPST with the word "Surf..." next to it and click "connect".
    8. Click on the Security Tab on the top of the screen and click "Read" under the SPC/User Lock, ensuring that the default setting is listed in the drop-down menu.
    9. Select the 6 digit number it generates and copy it.
    *If you are not able to get SPC with that, try the guide in the attached file(Not my work).Getting MSL,SPC Codes.txt
    10. Go back to the QPST Configuration and click on "Start Clients" and click on
    "Service Programming".
    11. It will come up with a window displaying active phones. You should see one, the Surf....(whatever). Select it and click OK.
    12. Click "read from phone". It will ask you for an MSL/SPC Code. Paste the 6 digit code you copied earlier and click Ok. In the settings tab you will see a box for the MSL/SPC code. Replace whatever is written in it with six zeros (000000) and check the "SPC Change Enabled box".
    13. Click The Display Tab and type "Revol" in the Banner.
    14. Click Write to Phone on the bottom. Ignore any errors that occur.
    15. Unplug phone. and restart the phone.

Internet
    ************************************************** ****************************

1. Connect Phone Via QPST and open Service Programming. (See steps 1-3, 10 above)
    2. Once you have began Programming, click "Read From Phone". It will ask you for an SPC/MSL code. That code should now be six zeros (000000) -see step 12 above.
    3. Click M.IP and set Mobile IP Behavior as MOB + Simp...
    4. Select any profiles (there should be 1 or 2) listed under User Profiles, and click edit. Do the following for all profiles.
    5. Make sure that "Profile enabled" is checked and enter in the following:

NAI: [email protected]
    Tethered NAI: [email protected]

6. Change home address to all zeros, primary ha to 10.2.1.15, and secondary HA to 10.2.1.16.
    7. On both HA Shared and AAA Shared Secret, click enter text string and type in the following password (all lower case): revol
    8. Change MN-HA SPI to 12C and MN-AAA SPI to 2.
    9. click ok
    10. Do for all profiles
    11. Set active user as 0.
    12. Click PPP Config
    13. The "Um" Button
    14. Under user ID enter [email protected] as well as for tethered NAI. If a text box is black with red lines in it, click it and press ctrl D. Enter revol in the password box.
    15.Click "AN" Button and repeat step 12.
    16. Click "write to phone". Ignore any errors that occur.
    17. Unplug phone
    18. Dial ##3282#, click advanced. Fill in settings

Slot Cycle Index:0 can leave as default but changing this to 0 will let you get

messages and calls faster
    MCC:310
    MNC:00
    ACCOLC:2
    Vocode disable
    Home Orig:Voice 13k also can leave as default but voice 13k is way better than EVRC or anything else
    Roam Orig:Voice 13k
    LBS PDE IP: Blank
    LBS PDE Port: BLANK
    Home Sys Reg:enable
    Foreign SID reg:enable
    DDTM:disable
    Home SID/NID#1:4139/65535

So after setting your PST settings click menu>commit modifications
    let the phone restart,, after restart you should get the little 1x at the status bar of your screen. If you don't see it, go to your phone. Select settings>Wireless & Networks>Enable mobile network. Create a widget at home. Click the +, widget, settings, mobile network.
    * Sometimes when you restart your phone, the net might not work just click on the mobile network widget, disconnecting it and reconnecting it again(that is renewing ip).

Good news then, your net should be working now, try the internet, google maps, slacker radio. They all should work. No proxy needed
    Name:  Revol Screen.jpg
Views: 7685
Size:  29.5 KBName:  Speed Test 1.jpg
Views: 7104
Size:  55.9 KB

MMS
    ************************************************** *******************************
    (My original work)
    After making sure web works,

1. Download APN Backup & Restore(Android Market)
    2. Click Backup APNs
    3. Goto your sdcard/ApnBackupRestore
    4. Click the apn file and edit under windows or on your phone.
    5. Look for the line that says Production and edit.....

<apn name="Production" numeric="00000" mcc="310" mnc="00" apn="1"

user="[email protected]" server="null" password="revol" proxy="null"

port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="2.0"

mmsc="http://mms.revol.us/revol/mms.php" type="mms" />

6. Save the file(make sure you save it)
    7. Open the APN Backup & Restore program
    8. Click delete APNs(Very important)
    9. Click Restore APNs
    10. Close the program
    11. Goto messages>menu>settings>connection settings. Make sure everything is as you edited. You should see Name(Production), MMSC(http://mms.revol.us/revol/mms.php), MMS proxy(not set), MMS port(not set), MMS protocol(WAP 2.0).
    12. If everything is just as it is, viola you are all set...
    Picture message away.
    Name:  MMS Settings.jpg
Views: 7446
Size:  26.3 KB
    If you encounter any problems, please go back to the steps and make sure you didn't miss anything, and if you see any error, please don't hesitate to PM me. Good luck.
    Which Version of QPST do I need?

Quote: "So Many Phones, so little time."

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I used version 2.7.323. But i think you should be good to go with any version.

Device(s)
    Droid Incredible 2.2 Root Rom
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Not to hijack this thread but im on cricket and made a flash for the cricket folks, and it wasnt too hard to modify it for Metro and then i had a request for Revol. Let me know if it works for you all, if not ill adjust it and get it working.

This is a C/P of my post at XDA here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=730289

Please PM me or preferably reply to my thread at XDA if this does not work. And if it does, feel free to attach or link to my files from this thread, its just more convenient for me on XDA as i dont check hofo often and most likely will forget to update this thread as a new version comes out.

Begin C/P
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    This is for people using Eris on Alternate Carriers i.e NOT FOR PEOPLE USING VERIZON

This Flash will Setup Web/MMS for people on Cricket or MetroPCS. If there are other carriers that use a proxy that the U2NL solution works on, i can modify this approach for them as well.

Requirements:
    1. Rooted Rom that supports IPTABLES and has been flashed and booted once
    2. Flash the file for your carrier from below
    3. Download and install "Autostart (root)" from blank-online.eu in the Marketplace
    4. After the phone reboots choose "Always Allow" to the SU prompt
    5. Reboot (some froyo roms take 2 reboots)

What this flash does:
    1. Remove any instances of:
    /system/bin/u2nl
    /system/xbin/sqlite3
    /data/opt/autostart.sh
    /data/eri.xml

2. Push and set appropriate Permissions on:
    /system/bin/u2nl (the program that makes routing traffic through the proxy possible)
    /system/xbin/sqlite3 (some roms include this, but the permissions may not be set correctly)
    /data/eri.xml (used to change the Carrier Display name on the lock screen and notification bar)
    /data/opt/autostart.sh (used set the iptables and u2nl settings at boot)

3. Drop database tables and replace them with appropriate Carrier Settings in:
    /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db (the database that the MMS program looks at for carrier settings)

What has been tested:
    Ivan 1.0 Alpha (HTC Eclair)
    ErisLightningBolt 2.8 (Eclair)
    CELB Froyo 1.4 (Froyo)

Known Issues:
    Does not seem to work with KaosFroyo v23 currently. Running the autostart.sh manually will work, but the autostart program does not seem to execute, i believe it may be due to an incompatibility with the SU program, but have not had time to investigate.

Let me know if anything pops up and ill do my best to fix it. Feel free to repost and modify this but please give due credit to the folks on XDA and HoFo.

All of this work derives from The community on XDA and Howard Forums. Original solution was found on Howard Forums for the Moto Droid and i modified their approach into a flash for ease of access.

Download:
    Cricket v8:
    http://www.multiupload.com/EO742C9UDO

MetroPCS v3:
    http://www.multiupload.com/XH3IAVQ4PL
    (Need verification this works for you MetroPCS folks)

Revol v1:
    http://www.multiupload.com/8QYS8KRO67
    (Need verification this works for you Revol folks)
    i was unable to find the MNC for Revol so MMS may fail on cyanogen based roms, and i did not include U2NL as i could not find that Revol was running through a proxy.

Device(s)
    Ultra Temp: RAZR V9m
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks so much!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Can some one please guide me to get a costume rom for metropcs, I'm using HTC Hero on metropcs running software 2.27.651.5 but only have web, and metroNAV... Please help me get my mms running. Does anyone do remote setting via desktop?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by token419 View Post
    Not to hijack this thread but im on cricket and made a flash for the cricket folks, and it wasnt too hard to modify it for Metro and then i had a request for Revol. Let me know if it works for you all, if not ill adjust it and get it working.

This is a C/P of my post at XDA here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=730289

Please PM me or preferably reply to my thread at XDA if this does not work. And if it does, feel free to attach or link to my files from this thread, its just more convenient for me on XDA as i dont check hofo often and most likely will forget to update this thread as a new version comes out.

Begin C/P
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    This is for people using Eris on Alternate Carriers i.e NOT FOR PEOPLE USING VERIZON

This Flash will Setup Web/MMS for people on Cricket or MetroPCS. If there are other carriers that use a proxy that the U2NL solution works on, i can modify this approach for them as well.

Requirements:
    1. Rooted Rom that supports IPTABLES and has been flashed and booted once
    2. Flash the file for your carrier from below
    3. Download and install "Autostart (root)" from blank-online.eu in the Marketplace
    4. After the phone reboots choose "Always Allow" to the SU prompt
    5. Reboot (some froyo roms take 2 reboots)

What this flash does:
    1. Remove any instances of:
    /system/bin/u2nl
    /system/xbin/sqlite3
    /data/opt/autostart.sh
    /data/eri.xml

2. Push and set appropriate Permissions on:
    /system/bin/u2nl (the program that makes routing traffic through the proxy possible)
    /system/xbin/sqlite3 (some roms include this, but the permissions may not be set correctly)
    /data/eri.xml (used to change the Carrier Display name on the lock screen and notification bar)
    /data/opt/autostart.sh (used set the iptables and u2nl settings at boot)

3. Drop database tables and replace them with appropriate Carrier Settings in:
    /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db (the database that the MMS program looks at for carrier settings)

What has been tested:
    Ivan 1.0 Alpha (HTC Eclair)
    ErisLightningBolt 2.8 (Eclair)
    CELB Froyo 1.4 (Froyo)

Known Issues:
    Does not seem to work with KaosFroyo v23 currently. Running the autostart.sh manually will work, but the autostart program does not seem to execute, i believe it may be due to an incompatibility with the SU program, but have not had time to investigate.

Let me know if anything pops up and ill do my best to fix it. Feel free to repost and modify this but please give due credit to the folks on XDA and HoFo.

All of this work derives from The community on XDA and Howard Forums. Original solution was found on Howard Forums for the Moto Droid and i modified their approach into a flash for ease of access.

Download:
    Cricket v8:
    http://www.multiupload.com/EO742C9UDO

MetroPCS v3:
    http://www.multiupload.com/XH3IAVQ4PL
    (Need verification this works for you MetroPCS folks)

Revol v1:
    http://www.multiupload.com/8QYS8KRO67
    (Need verification this works for you Revol folks)
    i was unable to find the MNC for Revol so MMS may fail on cyanogen based roms, and i did not include U2NL as i could not find that Revol was running through a proxy.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Flashed Samsung instinct

I have the samsung instinct flashed to revol , I know you posted this for the htc hero but i followed it hoping to get internet and ofcourse it didnt work, can you possibly post how I can get internet working with a flashed samsung instinct.... by the way I have the old instinct not the newer ones with wireless

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    would this same process work on htc evo 4g?

Device(s)
    Droid 4, LG Ally
    Carrier(s)
    Revol
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    would this work for an LG ALLY as well?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

HTC Hero "No voicemail notification"

Hey There,

Just a heads up for any of you Android users flashing Sprint phones. If you do not receive voicemail notifications, it is due to a conflict with Sprints Visual Voicemail.

The workaround is to find a rom for your phone that has all the Sprint branding removed.

Here is a link to one that works for the HTC Hero:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=737207

Carrier(s)
    boostmobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    htc eris flash to revoll but now iforget the google account on the phone its any way to doit please ineed this help

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    thanks this works great

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does anyone know if the internet part will work for the Droid Incredible?

Carrier(s)
    Revol
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    After going to the Revol store and having my HTC EVO flashed, I tried this method and got MMS and WEB working.
    I did not use QPST but rather CDMA workshop for the whole thing. I bought the $99 package a few months ago and it is worth every penny. On the phone Web is quite slow and shows as using 3G not the 1x but internet and marketplace, all apps etc DO all work. I was super happy when I was able to send and receive MMS after hours of trying other methods. What a relief! Thanks for putting the time into this. I am located in Columbus OH using an HTC Evo 4G from ported from Sprint.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Could someone post the APN you are using? Trying to do this on a Droid 2, full internet working, no MMS. I have tried a few different ways, and nothing is seeming to work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast