Thread: Help needed for C905 constantly being recognized as mass storage by Windows Vista

Feedback Score

Help needed for C905 constantly being recognized as mass storage by Windows Vista

Hello,

I debranded my C905a into C905, which works great. I also like to connect it to my PC in phone mode so I can tether via Sony Ericsson PC suite. One day, my PC installed some USB driver on its own, and all of a sudden the phone can only connect in mass storage mode, instead of phone mode. Now I can't back up or tether Has anyone ever had this problem before? I have windows vista basic; Please help I'd appreciate any info on how to fix this problem!

Peter

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    I think if you go into the connectivity settings, there is an option for the default USB mode. Sounds like it is set as mass storage. See if you can set it to Phone Mode or something else. My old G705 worked like that (an A2 model just as the C905, so yours should be similar)

Feedback Score
    Pakraider,

I did set the default USB as phone mode. In fact, while connecting, I went back to the USB setting and changed it to phone mode then unplug, then plug in again, but my PC still recognize it as mass storage. This seemed to happen after the PC mysteriously installed some kind of USB driver on its own. I think I may need help with the PC driver rather than with the phone software

Thank you for your response though!

Peter

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by petey888 View Post
    This seemed to happen after the PC mysteriously installed some kind of USB driver on its own. I think I may need help with the PC driver rather than with the phone software
    Peter
    Petey888, to further isolate the issue, have you tried connecting your phone to a different pc, see if it works?

Feedback Score
    Jam08

No I haven't thought of that! I do have a work laptop that doesn't allow me to install PC suite, but I could at least check to see if another PC will recognize my phone.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Peter

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by petey888 View Post
    Jam08

No I haven't thought of that! I do have a work laptop that doesn't allow me to install PC suite, but I could at least check to see if another PC will recognize my phone.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Peter
    Peter,

I hope it helps. Just let me know and hopefully together we can have it working.

Best Regards,
    Jam08