Thread: Alltel transition in Dodge county nebraska

Feedback Score

Alltel transition in Dodge county nebraska

I am an alltel customer in dodge county Nebraska. In all of the surrounding counties, alltel customers have been converted to verizon. In my county as I understand it, verizon customers will eventually become at&t customers and alltel will then be converted to verizon. Does anyone know when this will happen?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    a member here called budone said soon, very soon, he didn't have a time frame, and btw im in the same county +1 nebraska XP

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Since AT&T already serves Fremont with it's existing network it shouldn't be long.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfguygg View Post
    Since AT&T already serves Fremont with it's existing network it shouldn't be long.
    i thought that was only a roaming agreement with viaero wireless

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    AT&T also has native 3G coverage in Fremont in addition to Viaero's coverage.

I heard, however, that the actual Alltel/Verizon transition in Dodge County may not be completed until fall 2011, potentially making it the last of the acquired markets to transition.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Assuming dodge county's situation is similar to platte county's, sounds like this fall.

Logged onto the alltel website and there was a message about switching to verizon "this fall". Let's hope it's early fall.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I heard this was completed a couple weeks ago. Can anyone confirm? I know AT&T coverage around Fremont didn't seem any different when I was last there on 6/10.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I know of one Fremont customer that has been transitioned. A few weeks ago I drove the back way to Lincoln and was pleased to find 3G in Fremont, Wahoo and Ceresco. Coverage seemed better, especially the Wahoo area.

Now AT&T needs to build out in northern Lancaster county. I've had my fill of Verizon GPRS at the lake.

I don't know the status of the Alltel to VZW transition in these areas.
    Last edited by rfguygg; 07-02-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Drove out to Schuyler today and it didn't seem that coverage had changed at all. 3G was intermittent from the northwest edge of Fremont to east of Ames and then coverage switched over to Viaero. Not sure what the Verizon network had been in that area, though; if there were even any towers to convert or if it was all Alltel there.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    According to Verizon's coverage map before the transition started, the only coverage that they had in that area was in Fremont proper. The license that at&t got from Verizon is a partitioned PCS license and as such, they weren't required to cover the whole license, just a percent of the population, which Fremont satisfied. Now, I didn't have Verizon back then, had Alltel, so I can speak to whether they had unadvertised coverage out there, but I believe it started and ended at Fremont.