Thread: questions and decions to make...need help ! please thanks

Device(s)
    LG VX 8600-LG THE BEST
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

questions and decions to make...need help ! please thanks

I am gonna be getting a droid x or an incredible by HTC, in the sometime to near future, roughly around November,,,,I am not sure which one to get since i like each one alot....however with the new LTE network to come around that same time would it be a complete waste to get one of these phones since these phones would currently be CDMA based? or will it make no difference?? or just wait to get a phone once the LTE network is completly rolled out...Thanks guys for all your advice and information you providei.....I JUST DONT WANT TO WASTE MY MONEY , IF SOMETHING NEW WILL BE ROLLED OUT ........

Carrier(s)
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Wait and see. If you aren't buying until November anyway, no need to decide now.

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (since July 2005)
    Feedback Score
    On one hand we have the early adapters who get stuck with all the bugs that always happen when a new phone comes out. On the other hand, there are those who wait and wait and wait for something better to come along, and when it does, they become the next wave of early adapters stuck with bugs. IMHO one should stay a bit behind the cutting edge and get something that is tried and true. By November/December, there will be enough Xs and Incredibles out to see if there are any major issues, and you can jump in there. Or wait for LTE and grab one of the first phones designed for LTE and be an early adapter..... Oh! Wait! The iPhone may be coming in a couple of months! Be one of the first to get a VZW iPhone. Surely it won't have any bugs.
    Always here to help. Call me "Miss Information"

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung Ophone : Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

buy a Droid 1 on ebay. I have it on very reliable authority they are less expensive now.
    Incredible is NOT the next big thing( crap I was || that close to getting one next month) and I bet the X eww/ahh factor will be long gone by Nov.
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Bonic XT875
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Nov. is still a ways away. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Keep track on the android forums

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I would not wait for an LTE phone.

First off, there won't be a large choice of LTE phones initially, and they will probably cost a bit more than a similar phone with EVDO.

Secondly, I don't know where you live, but you could get a phone and then be waiting 6 months or a year (well, potentially 2 or 3 years..) for LTE to actually be rolled out.

Finally, EVDO isn't bad -- you can get 2 or 3mbps if you're somewhere with low usage and a good signal, and even in worst case I rarely see below 400-500kbps. This is pretty good on a computer so it should be plenty for the smartphone. As a side effect of LTE upgrades, I actually expect EVDO to speed up for two reasons -- first, for those sites that are backhaul limited (and there are some..) they plan to install lots of backhaul to all sites, if not by fiber than by some kind of wireless backhaul. Second, as users are shunted from EVDO to LTE, that will lower the congestion on the existing EVDO channels.

Obviously, though, if some nice LTE phone comes out by November, and you like it, get it. It can't hurt, if you don't have LTE I'm sure the 1X and EVDO will be just fine on it.