Thread: Is Chatr going to get any data plans?

Feedback Score

Is Chatr going to get any data plans?

Just wondering because I'm interested in switching but only if they have a data plan.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72 X10
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers/Vodafone.DE O2.DE Cellcom Fido
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Also by their wording in every comment they make they don't deny it...good sign!

Feedback Score
    Nice, I hope they have a unlimted data plan or something along those lines. I hope they bring the data in soon because I'm just wondering if I should buy the unlocked iPhone4 and switch to Chatr or renew with Fido for another 3 years.

Feedback Score
    Don't read too much into an anonymous Twit quoted on a website that thrives on rumours.

Chat-r's own website was changed on Jul 28 (launch date) from saying data will be coming to saying chat-r does not offer data.; not even an "at this time" qualifier.

To me, that suggests plans to offer data, if any, are very much a long-term thing that may or may not get shelved.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Whether they offer data or not will probably depend on what Bell offers on their soon to be relaunched Solo and whatever Telus does.

If either of the above 2 offer some kind of data option on plans similar to Chatr then they will have to introduce it to remain competitive.

They must have been seriously considering it otherwise they would not have had data coming soon on the website for the first few hours on launch day.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Anyone really want a data plan on a GSM network? I think a data plan might be a bit down the road yet. If the plan is truly to target an untapped, growing segment -- prepaid phone users who talk and text and want certainty -- well, data isn't needed. So, maybe it's a smart play. I wonder how many Public Mobile, Mobilicity and Wind Mobile customers actually don't buy data? That would provide a clue.
    Sorry about that, chief!

Feedback Score
    Smart play in terms of target market to keep prices low and not offer data. Maybe the lawyers like the idea too; not offering the exact same plan as Wind and Mobi~; therefore not trying to run them out of business, just offering a different product. Just an idea that crosses my mind.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoephone View Post
    Anyone really want a data plan on a GSM network? I think a data plan might be a bit down the road yet. If the plan is truly to target an untapped, growing segment -- prepaid phone users who talk and text and want certainty -- well, data isn't needed. So, maybe it's a smart play. I wonder how many Public Mobile, Mobilicity and Wind Mobile customers actually don't buy data? That would provide a clue.
    Chatr's is using the full Rogers network, including 3G and not just the GSM 2G side.