Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS (16GB White)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

URGENT: iPhone 4 Upgrade For Employee

I'm looking for some clarification with iPhone 4 upgrades on employee accounts. Employees were asked several times before the iPhone 3G and 3GS launches to hold off on buying one of the new phones. However when the iPhone 4 launched, there were no memos sent out to employees.*

I lined up and upgraded my phone which, according to Rogers was a palm trek 680 from august 2007. The account holder for my plan is a rogers employee, and has said that he found out today that employees weren't supposed to upgrade, and there would be dire consequences for those who did.*

What are the options? Can Rogers terminate an employee of 25 Tera because they bought a phone? What good would it be returning the phone now, Apple cannot resell it, and the upgrade has already been sent through the system.*

Is it possible to extract this CTN from the family plan and make the account holder me, ultimately removing the employee benefits from the account? What is the best thing to do now that I've used the phone for 4 days?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ^Don't worry about it...I know people that have done much worse than buying an iPhone 4.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS (16GB White)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Seems like that's the general consensus I've gotten by calling in for help. Talked to two different Employee-HUP line folks who said that it's not going to be a problem what so ever. Since the account holder (who is the Rogers Employee) doesn't have the phone, then technically no policies were broken. I was able to get the name display switched over to my name, not that it makes a huge difference, but it was always set to the account holder for all 4 phones.

Anyway, I think that's pretty much solved our concerns, thanks!

Carrier(s)
    Ted Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Termination over buying a phone hahaha... if we want to get into specifics:

No formal memo or communication was actually sent to employees informing them not to buy the iPhone 4 and even if there was, they need some sort of proof that the employee read and agreed to those terms and not just 'received' them - similar to the stuff Rogers makes us sign at the time of hire. Either way, if they did go as far as to terminate someone over the purchase of an iPhone 4, it is not a just cause for termination and has wrongful dismissal law suit written all over it.
    //str8

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Dire consequences? *laughs* Like everyone said, this was only ever a request, no process has been defined to capture these orders and provide feedback to their manager.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Scolirk View Post
    Seems like that's the general consensus I've gotten by calling in for help. Talked to two different Employee-HUP line folks who said that it's not going to be a problem what so ever. Since the account holder (who is the Rogers Employee) doesn't have the phone, then technically no policies were broken. I was able to get the name display switched over to my name, not that it makes a huge difference, but it was always set to the account holder for all 4 phones.

Anyway, I think that's pretty much solved our concerns, thanks!
    I was told I couldn't through the employee line .. I'm on a Family plan with a Rogers Employee(Rogers TV not even rogers wireless) and they told me that they will announce to his email once employees are eligible.. even though its not him buying the phone it's me... GAHHH

Carrier(s)
    Ted Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by rolcom View Post
    I was told I couldn't through the employee line .. I'm on a Family plan with a Rogers Employee(Rogers TV not even rogers wireless) and they told me that they will announce to his email once employees are eligible.. even though its not him buying the phone it's me... GAHHH
    try going to a dealer