Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Battery issues after JB

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Battery issues after JB

Now that JBing is legal, I figured this post would be ok. Mods, I apologize if it isn't.

This is what I'm working with:
    iPhone 4
    4.0.1 (8A306)

Updated from 4.0 last night and almost bricked my device!

Anyway, I JB my phone and installed all my previous for apps via Cydia. These included Lockinfo, BiteSMS, Winterboard, FontSwap & SBSettings.

Almost immediately, my battery life started draining. I did some research and decided the culprit was WB so I removed that via Cydia. Did the same with FontSwap since it wasn't really working. I also set my Lockinfo weather plug in to retrieve every 30 mins.

This didn't seem to help so I thought maybe the WB uninstall wasn't "clean" so I restored my phone via iTunes, updated to 4.0.1, almost bricked my phone, JB it, reinstalled only the apps I was sure I wanted... and still my battery life sucks.

One thing to note:
    The most recent backup I had was post-JB. It used this to restore my personal information. Could that be the culprit?

Any help would be appreciated! I don't mind doing a fresh restore as long as I can back up my pics, SMSs, contacts etc. Apple doesn't seem to make this easy.
    Jason Kiang

Device(s)
    P4000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Yea I am in the same boat. I noticed my battery drain more

Device(s)
    Nokia N8
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Nexus One: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

No problem with battery after JB here.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkiang View Post
    These included Lockinfo, BiteSMS, Winterboard, FontSwap & SBSettings.
    I do not see how Winterboard or FontSwap could possibly affect the battery life.

SBSettings would take a tiny bit, as would BiteSMS.

Never used Lockinfo so I'm not sure about that.

I can tell that my battery life is not quite as good as it was, but it's still very good and still a hell of a lot better than devices like the Droid X, Incredible, Captivate and others of that ilk. With those devices, I'd never get through the day.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G[s] (Black 32GB, Blackra1n JB 3.1.2, Blacksn0w UL 5.11)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My battery life since I JB'd has been maybe slightly worse. By that I mean, I drop 1-2% more over a 3-4 hour period. I'm using LockInfo, HapticPro, SBSettings, and a few others. But those others are apps that dont' run full time. So, IMO, the JB has negligible impact on battery life. Yes, LockInfo and Haptic themselves use more battery, but the JB doesn't.

Device(s)
    iPhone fOur
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was sure to stay away from 4.0.1.
    I did debate on upgrading before JailBreak, but I quickly Snapped out of it. JB on 4.0 here.

If it is a real burden for you, you may have to reinstall the phone as new, then jailbreak on a fresh device.
    I say new, because if you restore the phone with a back up, your likely to run into the same problems.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkiang View Post
    Now that JBing is legal, I figured this post would be ok. Mods, I apologize if it isn't.
    Jailbreaking has always been ok to discuss on HoFo, but it does belong in the appropriate forum.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4 32Gb Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's hard to gauge for me right now. First the respring reset usage so it doesn't count.
    Then I use my phone a lot more. Searching things on cydia, online what packages do etc. So remember to factor that in. If it doesn't last the day or is more drained at the end of the day guess what, you may just be using it more.
    Also, watch out for those backgrounding tasks. I noticed golfshot kept my gps running (arrow icon was there) and that drains the battery.

Hopefully there'll be a theme like leobadge to see which programs actually are 'multitasking' and which aren't (even though they shouldn't be taking resources/battery I think some do)

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I have JB since I had a 3G, battery was always affected, to varying degrees, depending on what I was running in the backround. iLocalis for example has a daemon that runs in the background, it affects battery life. So far I haven't noticed anything drastic, but I am always charging my iPhone anyway, so it unless its really bad, I won't likely notice. One thing that everyone should expect however is that JB will affect battery life, its practically a given, IMO.

Device(s)
    iPhone fOur
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Dont forget that you are playing with your phone ALL the time now, so it may just SEEM like your battery is dying faster..

as long as I last for 48 hours without a charge i know my battery is doing ok.
    But ya that constant re-springing is making it hard to keep track lol.

Device(s)
    iP4s (32GB Black)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The JB apps will be what determines your battery draining any faster. I, for one, have ALWAYS noticed an increase in battery drain from the following installed JB Apps:

Intelliscreen
    SBSettings
    elert
    tlert
    5 icon dock

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I haven't really noticed a change in battery life after jailbreaking thankfully.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've noticed my battery getting drained quicker, and I don't like it at all.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid.09 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

But what don't you like more? A jailbroken phone, or a stock phone with better battery. Them's the breaks!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mark_in_2k
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid.09 View Post

But what don't you like more? A jailbroken phone, or a stock phone with better battery. Them's the breaks!
    I use no apps from Cydia, only to unlock it. So I'd rather keep my battery life if I'm not getting anything in return.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast