Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any HTC Aria users out there? Feedback?

Device(s)
    w580i ATT
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Any HTC Aria users out there? Feedback?

Looking at the Aria as my first smartphone. I like the size compared to the larger smartphones. Is it a good phone for the nonexperienced user? I'd like to check yahoo email, browse the web now and then, get directions, etc.

Does anyone know if android phones can enlarge the text messaging font like iphones can? iphones use the "accessibility" setting to select font size.

Thanks,
    Mike

Feedback Score
    [Nevermind]

Search function is my friend!

Chris

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS (jailbroken) / HTC Droid Eris (rooted)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmiller2002 View Post
    Looking at the Aria as my first smartphone. I like the size compared to the larger smartphones. Is it a good phone for the nonexperienced user? I'd like to check yahoo email, browse the web now and then, get directions, etc.

Does anyone know if android phones can enlarge the text messaging font like iphones can? iphones use the "accessibility" setting to select font size.
    Don't know about the SMS text size but I REALLY like the Aria.

It is surprisingly fast, no slowdowns or lags that I can see. In fact, it probably is a tad faster than even my VZ Droid (which I also like alot). A nice little (3.2" screen) Android phone running Android OS 2.1 that seems to have got a little lost in the shuffle.

/BD

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's nicely pocketable, but if you plan on doing a lot of text entry the keyboard is small. It's fine for popping out a quick text, or a fast y/n reply to an email, but you're not going to be typing a novel on it anytime soon.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy View Post
    It's nicely pocketable, but if you plan on doing a lot of text entry the keyboard is small. It's fine for popping out a quick text, or a fast y/n reply to an email, but you're not going to be typing a novel on it anytime soon.
    Agree.

Although using the landscape keyboard and I'm using Smart Keyboard Pro makes it quite useable (for me).

/BD

Carrier(s)
    BSM/Cingular/AT&T since '92
    Feedback Score
    Very nice, STABLE little phone, which I'm missing more everyday. I'm currently useing the Captivate and I swear this thing has a mind of its own!!!(see my post in the Captivate Bug thread.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Active member of Apple Addict's Anonymous:

iPhone 5s 64gb

iPad 4 32gb

Macbook Pro 13"

iBook G4 12"

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I returned the Captivate this morning, just too buggy. I'm back with the Aria!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Don't forget Cyanogen is out for the Aria now too.

Carrier(s)
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    I'd have to say it's VERY nice. That's coming from a Droid 2 user by the way.

Device(s)
    w580i ATT
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the coments. It looks ot be free at Wal Mart with upgrade.

What's Cyanogen?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I played with one at the store today. I also looked at the SE x10 and the Captivate. I thought the Aria is quite small compared but some like a smaller phone. I didn't think the screen was a bright or colorful as either of the other 2. It seemed pretty snappy just smaller and not as big a screen. Normally I like smaller phones but the captivate has the best screen of the 3. I really like Sony phones but the 1.6 android version is just way behind the times. Supposedly it will get 2.1 at the end of september. The Aria looks like a smaller version of the EVO 4g. After playing with them I like the Captivate the best. I can't say what bugs each might have. The lack of multitouch on the SE is a deal breaker. The -+ keeps are no comparsion to the pinch feature. I loved the way the Captivate's screen looked and it seems to have more functionality than the others.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
    I played with one at the store today. I also looked at the SE x10 and the Captivate. I thought the Aria is quite small compared but some like a smaller phone. I didn't think the screen was a bright or colorful as either of the other 2. It seemed pretty snappy just smaller and not as big a screen. Normally I like smaller phones but the captivate has the best screen of the 3. I really like Sony phones but the 1.6 android version is just way behind the times. Supposedly it will get 2.1 at the end of september. The Aria looks like a smaller version of the EVO 4g. After playing with them I like the Captivate the best. I can't say what bugs each might have. The lack of multitouch on the SE is a deal breaker. The -+ keeps are no comparsion to the pinch feature. I loved the way the Captivate's screen looked and it seems to have more functionality than the others.
    The Captivate (like most Samsungs) looks great with a gorgeous screen!

Then it lets you down big time with hangs, force closes and just weird behavior. The Aria definitely surprised me... it is so smooth, so solid and really fast. Surprisingly so...I'm loving mine

/BD

Device(s)
    w580i ATT
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael95GT View Post
    I returned the Captivate this morning, just too buggy. I'm back with the Aria!
    How's the Aria's voice call quality and reception?

Does the Aria have a "reminder" feature for missed calls and texts?

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Thanks
    Yeah, it has an LED that you can set to flash for missed calls/messages/etc. I live out in the boonies, and have no problems with reception at all. HTC has really improved the reception on their phones lately. My TILT 2 and ARIA are right up there with RIM/Blackberry!!

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G2, Nokia 5230 Nuron
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smart Communications (Roaming SIM from Philippines)
    Feedback Score

Thanks
    Voice quality on the Aria seems very good for me. However, the volume using it as a speakerphone seems very low. It's hard to hear. But then again, I'm coming from a Nokia N95 with a really loud speakerphone. Reception seems pretty good. Calls are clear even in areas with very low signal strength. I'm able to make calls in areas with very poor signal. I can make a clear call when the signal strength is low enough that it shows no bars but the little "x" isn't over the signal strength meter yet.
    at&t 3G (N95 8GB & Joikuspot @ 70MPH on the 405 freeway in Los Angeles, CA) / at&t 3G (HTC Aria in Fullerton, CA)

Charter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast